3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Is there anything you miss? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/225866-there-anything-you-miss.html)

ncuneo 02-16-2011 07:32 PM

Is there anything you miss?

I know this is probably a counter productive thread, but is there anything you miss about being overweight?

I don't know why I was thinking about this today, but I was and I think I can honestly answer that there is not one thing I miss. Why would there be, but playing devils advocate, I think a lot of people in the begining of the journey would say "I miss eating whatever I want". Well, techincally I do eat whatever I want, just what I want is different than before. Even though I still struggle with binging, it's different and I binge on different things, which obviously means it's not about the food.

The only thing that I might miss a little, and I know my husband misses a lot, is my boobs...but really I don't miss them that much and it's nice not to be falling out of tops or being uncomfortable when I run.

Again, dumb thread, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Eliana 02-16-2011 07:35 PM

You know every time I think of something I could potentially miss the word HEART BURN pops into my head before I can form a proper thought. :rofl: Pop...HEART BURN. Huge serving of ice cream...HEART BURN. So no, I don't think there is anything I miss. It made me think though. Not a dumb thread at all!

Oh wait...yes, I thought of one thing!!

At my heaviest, my feet were almost a medium width and I could almost shop in normal stores for normal shoes on clearance! Now I'm back to stupid AAAA's and if I get a plain old "narrow" I have to doctor them up with not one but TWO foam inserts. I do miss normal shoes.

KellyMarie90 02-16-2011 07:51 PM

I'm with Meg..there isnt anything I miss.
On the other hand...it would be nice to be able to sit on a hard chair without my butt/back hurting from a lack of padding lol
But i'll take the pain ;-)

BillBlueEyes 02-16-2011 08:02 PM

I miss being warm.

There's a reason why, in the cold, cold oceans, whales have an insulating layer.

Ashley829 02-16-2011 08:14 PM

Hmm, nope.

I mean of course sometimes I wish that I could eat whatever I wanted, especially yummy desserts, but thinking of how I felt 25 pounds heavier, I wasn't happy and I would rather love myself and my body than to eat those yummy foods that are terrible for me. I realllly love food so it was a struggle to let go of those bad foods!

cherbear 02-16-2011 08:17 PM

Yep, being warm, and butt not hurting on chairs. But NONE of that is worth being fat.

Being fat is hard. I don't miss it at all.

traveling michele 02-16-2011 08:35 PM

I don't really miss anything as being thin is so worth it.
My husband would definitely say my boobs though. I even considered plastic surgery but I don't think the risk is worth it and I think I am well-proportioned. I don't even have to wear a supportive top when I exercise. Amazing!

JayEll 02-17-2011 08:00 AM

Nope, not a thing. Because I am overweight again. Instead I get to miss the things I liked about being normal weight. :(

Jay

paperclippy 02-17-2011 08:26 AM

I miss eating junk food without feeling guilty about it or like I'm somehow cheating. My plan allows for me to have a cheat meal each week, and I take full advantage of that, but if I happen to be in some situation where I end up eating a fast food cheeseburger or the like, I still feel bad about doing it. Or, if I get some large meal, and I eat the entire thing, I feel bad about it now, like, OMG I ate that much?! Whereas before I would be able to eat it and be like, that was good, I am satisfied.

On the other hand, feeling guilty about eating junk is a big thing that helps me avoid eating it, which keeps me from getting fat again, so in that sense it's a good thing!

Lori Bell 02-17-2011 08:46 AM

Yeah, boobs and warmth would be nice, but NOT the kind I had when I was obese. At morbidly obese, my boobs looked like a big fat chicks boobs, not pretty bikini chick looking boobs. They kind of hug off to the sides separated by my huge belly. LOL :)

Oh and the warmth. I sweat like a pig just walking down a hall. I could never wear make-up because I Would sweat it all off within a few hours. My hair was always damp, because of sweat....So, the trade off is nice. I can put on enough clothes to stay warm, or take a hot bath. When I was morbidly obese I could not take off enough clothes to cool off.

joyfulloser 02-17-2011 08:58 AM

I'll go with "boobs" for $100 Alex!:p

Then I'll second that with "icecream" specifically I miss eating 1 QUART of Baskin Robbins 1/2 Rum Raisin 1/2 Pistachio Almond 4 times a week with no worries or regret! LOL!

Yup...I guess it all comes down to boobs and ice cream for me.:D

**EDIT**
Fitting into my "skinny jeans" and being able to run 20 miles in one week = priceless;)

Slim CB 02-17-2011 09:05 AM

Not one thing! Even though the boobies are smaller I do not miss a thing about being overweight.

MindiV 02-17-2011 09:23 AM

Heck I miss some things. I prefer being my healthier self now, but I miss having boobs that weren't tiny and saggy. I miss not feeling guilty if I had french fries. I miss being able to enjoy food and not worry about the effects it will have on my calorie count for the day. I miss spontaneous celebratory meals with my husband and friends.

katy trail 02-17-2011 09:23 AM

i'm not maintaining at goal yet, although i was mostly maintaining the past 2 months. i miss NOT feeling my ribcage. i don't like feeling it as i'm just walking around normally. i'm sure it's something i never noticed before i was fat. also, there were some times during moving, holding something made me really miss some padding there, because it was poking me. like a bed frame for example. but i don't miss it enough to gain back alot of weight.

katy trail 02-17-2011 09:24 AM

i always already felt guilty about eating 'bad' foods, but i rarely eat fast food. it's usually something i cooked myself.