3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   No appetite?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/222877-no-appetite.html)

Mama2Five 01-18-2011 07:49 PM

No appetite??

Does anyne go through times of having NO appetite? I have my maintenance level set at 1700 right now and this past week I have been forcing myself to make it to about 1300, some days as low as 900. I have even eaten a few little candy bars at the end of the day just to get my calorie level up some.

I have NEVER had this problem before....but the week before that I wanted to eat everything in sight LOL Does it just even itself out like that or should I be worried?

My goal was 150, then when I got there I decided I wanted to go to 140. which I was pleased with.....But now I'm at 134 :( and having a stomach virus yesterday didn't help matters.

ncuneo 01-18-2011 10:51 PM

Yes. I have 1 week every month that it's a struggle to eat, usually right after my period. But I always make up for it the week before my period when I'm ravenous and bingey. I look forward to my week of no appetite when I'm always satisfied, it's a nice change from my usual hungry all the time :)

I wouldn't worry too much about being too low at this point, you'll likely even out or jump back up. Although I will say that I'm your same height an about your same weight and I do eat a bit more to maintain. Depending on your exercise and how much you indulge, at 1700 will likely drop you into the 120s over time.

Mama2Five 01-19-2011 12:32 AM

Thats interesting because it was at the very end of my period and a few days after, and I do remember that last month during my period I didn't want to eat either but I just thought it was because I was having bad cramps LOL

I've been raising my calorie level slowly since I started maintenance. I ended my weight loss at 1200 calories a day and I've been raising it since then so now I'm up to 1700. I think you exercise alot more than me though.....I don't do any intentional exercise but I am on the move quite a bit with 5 kids so I guess maybe I burn more than I think.

Shannon in ATL 01-20-2011 03:28 PM

Early into maintenance I used to see that happening. Not so much anymore.

I kept a container of greek yogurt for those times and had a little yogurt snack with some granola to raise my calories up. Oh, and string cheese worked, too.

Heavenseventeen 01-21-2011 07:50 AM

When I do it's time to get new food or food I haven't had in a while. If I get bored, I lose the desire to eat. I eat to live, which isn't so bad when you've got a small calorie range.

ncuneo 01-23-2011 09:05 PM

^boy I wish this were me. Unfortunately 90% I live to eat :) not really but you know what I mean. When I can focus on my fitness my food focus usually shifts to eating to live which I quite enjoy.

hatethesweatpants 01-24-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncuneo (Post 3671233)
^boy I wish this were me. Unfortunately 90% I live to eat :) not really but you know what I mean. When I can focus on my fitness my food focus usually shifts to eating to live which I quite enjoy.

I have to say that after losing 72lbs, I still love food and find it a comfort and enjoy celebrating with it. I'm latina and this is part of my culture, so I have just had to find ways of doing this in moderation (and exercising my butt off!). It's been a hard lesson to learn to not make food the enemy, but to still enjoy it and celebrate wonderful meals. I've just added fitness as a co-focus! :D