3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Weekly Chat January 17 - 23, 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/222681-maintainers-weekly-chat-january-17-23-2011-a.html)

alinnell 01-22-2011 08:50 PM

Michele~The Coen brothers did Fargo and Raising Arizona (two favorites) and a lot of others.

saef~remember the Dude drank a lot of White Russians. I'm pretty sure he did a lot of drugs, too. We tried to watch that movie when it first came to DVD and DH and I hated it and never finished it. Just a few months ago we rented it again. I'm glad we did. And I really liked the Social Network as well. We want to see the Fighter, but we're going to a Chris Botti concert tomorrow instead.

Megan~I've looked at the recipe for salt & vinegar chickpeas, but I don't think I like salt & vinegar all that much. I think I'll have to find a different recipe to try. I've been looking for kale to try and make kale "chips" but haven't found any here. Oh, well.

We went golfing today and DS was generous enough to take his kitty to the vet. I should have gone with. They talked him into getting the feline leukemia vaccine which other vets there said to skip as we don't allow him outside or with any other cats. I can't blame him--he's sick. SICK!!! He had finals Thursday and Friday and woke up Friday feeling horrible and didn't say anything because of finals. He got off early (because of the finals schedule), came home and slept for 3 hours. I thought he was getting the flu, he had a 100.5 temp when I got home from work. He said he had muscle aches, but this morning he woke up with jaw swelling so I called the oral surgeon--it's been exactly 30 days since he had his wisdom teeth out and he did a full course of antibiotics then and had no complications and now this. The doctor called in a new round of antibiotics but I have to take him first thing Monday morning. Scary. The fever is not going down with Tylenol and the antibiotic and he's in and out of bed. I feel so bad for him.

Shannon in ATL 01-22-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaw (Post 3668590)
Dinner at Shannon's house! (I'll bring the Cheez whiz with raisins.)

//b. strong,
Kim

Woo! Party time!

midwife 01-22-2011 11:06 PM

I really liked True Grit. King's Speech is one of my favorite movies ever. It'll be one I buy. I was surprised it was R, but it had to have been for the language. I actually think it would be a good movie for middle school kids (language aside, but I would guess they've heard it all by then) just as far as inspiration.

Black Swan was, um, yeah. Hard to describe. I felt like I was having a break from reality watching it. Hmmm...

I think The Fighter is next on my list. Marky Mark, ya'll.

BillBlueEyes 01-23-2011 05:44 AM

All this movie talk is making me want to go buy a new DVD player. But think it'd want and a new high definition television. But think I should redesign the other parts of the whole entertainment system. But that would be easier if I wait until we fix the plaster walls and repaint - when I can just move the old equipment to the curb and buy new stuff in the finished room. But repainting the living room means the dinning room also. And the kitchen. And . . .

<sigh> . . . there's a hole in the bucket, . . .

Mudpie 01-23-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes (Post 3669934)
All this movie talk is making me want to go buy a new DVD player. But think it'd want and a new high definition television. But think I should redesign the other parts of the whole entertainment system. But that would be easier if I wait until we fix the plaster walls and repaint - when I can just move the old equipment to the curb and buy new stuff in the finished room. But repainting the living room means the dinning room also. And the kitchen. And . . .

<sigh> . . . there's a hole in the bucket, . . .

:rofl: DH claims this is how many women really think and how some home renos never really stop (he works for a contractor).

And . . . guilty as charged. I once redid an entire bathroom's decor because we needed a new bat mat (yes, really needed as Mudpie pooped on and then shredded the old one). Paint, wallpaper, shower curtain, new floor tiles, and new towels (to go with the new mat of course).

DH stopped me from getting new towel bars and toilet tissue holder as we were RENTING the place. :lol3:

Dagmar :dizzy:

alinnell 01-23-2011 11:15 AM

This discussion reminds me of my Mom. She bought a new bedspread. It was on sale (the story of her life). Once home, it didn't match anything. That meant new paint, wallpaper, drapes and all the other parts for the bed (skirt, pillow shams, sheets, etc.). But the bedspread was on SALE!

We bought DD an LED TV for Christmas and now DH wants a new TV in our bedroom--flat screen, either LED or LCD to replace our ancient set (which works just fine, but weights hundreds of pounds). He's thinking in the area of 60" and I'm like, you watch it maybe once a week and fall asleep while watching it! Who needs one that big for that? Half that size is more than enough.

DS is still sick, but still sleeping this morning, so I'll leave him be.