Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #31  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Ncuneo, when you write "dream weight," I'm assuming you mean something other than "goal weight," which is what we tend to hear about more on the forums here.

is that correct? Do you think the two are different things? Maybe different things that sometimes overlap?
I realized after reading this that I was not making a clear distinction between the two in my mind. I have a goal weight, but not a dream weight.
I do have very big dreams for myself and my future (Nobel prize in medicine, etc. ). But none of these fantasies involve my weight in any way. An interesting realization!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #32  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

I don't have a dream weight, but my dream size is 6-8. It was an 8 but now I'm a size 10-12 and don't feel slim, I've lowered my goal. If I weighed 150lbs at my dream size then I wouldn't care.

The only numbers stuck in my head are 117lbs and 17% body fat because 7 is my favourite number. A website told me that my dream body fat would happen at 105lbs (based on my current body fat level), so I guess my 117lbs and 17% body fat will stay a dream.

Last edited by Heavenseventeen; 01-16-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #33  
Feeling like a Fool at 52

S/C/G: 173/ticker/133

Height: 5'1"

Thumbs up

What a great topic--I just changed my goal weight from 132 (healthy bmi, just barely) to 125 (seems possible) but have toyed with 110 (according to "You on a Diet, which I just read, you should add 5 pounds to 100 for every inch of height over 5 feet or something like that-anyway, I came up with it after reading his book, don't quote me!). I'm also shooting for a waist measurement which is half my height, another measure suggested by Dr. Oz-that would put it at 30.5 and right now it's about 33.

On the other hand, being a woman of a certain age, I'm not looking to appear older and "baggier" than necessary. I haven't been exercising and I'd like a shot at having a firm bod again. So, I've always loved body-building and that's what I'll start doing again but that might involve dropping below 110 in order to have the muscle definition I'd like to achieve just once in my life--just long enough to take a picture of it!

I'm babbling, sorry
Purpleegg is offline   Reply With Quote