3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   It's the Scariest Time of Year! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/210509-its-scariest-time-year.html)

midwife 08-20-2010 08:28 AM

It's the Scariest Time of Year!

Could it be? Nooooooo!!!! The frightening terrors that fill us with dread.....yes......they are HERE!!! :spid:

Halloween candy. :badbat:

Srsly*?

Yah, srsly! In my local grocery store. By the school supplies!

So it is time for our annual "Just say no to Halloween candy" pledge thread!

I'm saying no!

Who's with me?

:dracula:

*Halloween candy is only slightly more frightening than the fact I have slipped into "textspeak". Heaven help us all!

BillBlueEyes 08-20-2010 08:38 AM

Too soon for Halloween

Are you serious? It's still August here, LOL.

I'm in; kinda sobering to think I have 2.5 months of this before Halloween, and then 2 weeks after until the stale, half-price left overs are all gone.

Rosinante 08-20-2010 08:44 AM

We have Christmas stuff in the shops already.....

paperclippy 08-20-2010 08:50 AM

I will go with my usual pledge -- I will only eat Halloween candy ON HALLOWEEN. Holi-DAYS, not holi-MONTHS, right? :lol:

I was also shocked when I walked into the grocery store the other day and there was a huge display of candy corn right in the entrance!

Meg 08-20-2010 08:53 AM

No way! Say it ain't so! :fr:

Sheesh, now we have THREE MONTHS of temptation to face! And then comes Christmas candy, immediately followed by Valentines Day, and then Easter. It's only a matter of time until a summer holiday is manufactured that features CANDY! :crazy:

Midwife, thank you for starting this thread! Last year it certainly helped to keep me on the straight and narrow. So I will happily join you in the pledge:

:badbat: No Halloween candy will pass my lips this year!! :badbat:

MindiV 08-20-2010 09:05 AM

I noticed this the other day too, and it's already hit work! A co-worker brought in a 5 POUND BAG of chocolate candy. Grrrr.....

Marie 08-20-2010 02:34 PM

OMG!!! I join the pledge. No Halloween candy will pass my lips. Even on Halloween. Start me on the candy corn and I won't stop till I'm bowing to the porcelain deity in my bathroom.

Glory87 08-20-2010 03:39 PM

I think I'm on year 6 of no Halloween candy.

mandalinn82 08-20-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

It's only a matter of time until a summer holiday is manufactured that features CANDY!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0YIyuQFK2w...tootsie4th.jpg
Behold the 4th of July, Patriotic Tootsie Roll.

Meg 08-20-2010 03:48 PM

Excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall. That is ridiculous. I was just reading that the average American eats 136 pounds of sugar a year. So let's package it up in cute patriotic wrappers so we can get people to eat more. :rolleyes:

JayEll 08-20-2010 04:00 PM

Re: summer. Isn't most barbecue just candied meat? :dunno:

Jay

mandalinn82 08-20-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

That is ridiculous. I was just reading that the average American eats 136 pounds of sugar a year. So let's package it up in cute patriotic wrappers so we can get people to eat more.
But if we didn't do that, what on earth would we do with all of these cheap soy and corn byproducts?

Quote:

The ingredients of a chocolate Tootsie Roll are sugar, corn syrup, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, condensed milk, cocoa, whey, soy lecithin, orange extract, and artificial and condensed flavors.

Shannon in ATL 08-20-2010 04:10 PM

Halloween candy is out already? Sheesh.

I am so not emotionally ready for Halloween candy to be out... I am in a vulnerable place right now - tired, stressed, eating on the run - and candy will kill me.

That's it. I just can't go shopping any more until after Valentine's Day. Now I need to find one of those mail order grocery stores...

ETA - my mom bought a bag of those patriotic Tootsie Rolls for their July 4th party...

midwife 08-20-2010 04:11 PM

One Halloween I made one of those cat litter cakes.....where you crumble a cake into a (new) litterbox and serve it with a (new) catbox scoop. We warmed tootsie rolls in the microwave and shaped them into cat poop. Fun times, fun times.

Shannon in ATL 08-20-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwife (Post 3445991)
One Halloween I made one of those cat litter cakes.....where you crumble a cake into a (new) litterbox and serve it with a (new) catbox scoop. We warmed tootsie rolls in the microwave and shaped them into cat poop. Fun times, fun times.

Now that is pretty funny.