3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Weekly Chat Aug 16-22 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/210123-maintainers-weekly-chat-aug-16-22-a.html)

BillBlueEyes 08-16-2010 08:18 AM

Maintainers Weekly Chat Aug 16-22

Mondays seem to be appearing rather rapidly as I continue to deny that the days are getting shorter.

Megan1982 08-16-2010 08:44 AM

The days are getting shorter? You could have fooled me, Bill. Maybe the sun is coming up a little bit later each day... summer is still in full blast here in Florida, though. We've been getting tropically influenced wind and rain for several days, which is upsetting my field schedule for work. I hate being behind already and it's only Monday.

I saw a group of manatees mating on my way to the gym Saturday morning. How barbaric! That poor female. Google if you want to know more about it. And I did have a great workout. Our river trip Sunday was cut rather short by motor malfunction and my feeling horrible from the night before (sigh... adult here, I swear it). I would have rather stayed in bed, but wanted to go for my friend's birthday.

Back to normal this week. No friends in town, no social events planned yet, anyway. I made it to the gym 4x last week so I'm going for 5x this week. How was everyone else's weekend?

traveling michele 08-16-2010 09:14 AM

Hi everyone! I'm actually on the thread early.

Megan-- I'm afraid to google manatees mating.... maybe once I've woken up. My dh is in Tampa for a few days. He said it is hot and humid there!

I am so totally exhausted. I go back to school (work) full-time today and I had almost no sleep. Dd went to a Quincenera last night and I picked her up at 1 am (30 minutes away). She had the time of her life, and came home saying she has a new boyfriend....sigh... this girl is too social and my older dd is the opposite! Just what I want to deal with when school is starting and she has to focus on her junior year's grades, SAT's, etc.

We're going to the DMV to get her permit later today. Hopefully the lines won't be terrible but I expect they will since it's the last week before kids go back. I'm planning on having my picture retaken since last time they sent it they said it was poor quality and I need to retake. I also want to change my weight as it says 150 (I had lied at the time as I was way over and now I'm way under!). However, I feel like death warmed over so it should be a GREAT picture.

Coffee here I come.

Marie 08-16-2010 11:29 AM

Megan, I’m with Michele on googling the manatees. You didn’t sell the idea well.

Michele, I forgot about my license weight. Mine doesn’t expire for another few years and I’m not sure it’s worth the $$$ to change the weight from 165. I did get a new military ID with the right weight. That looks cool.

Back at work and of course, Monday is so far away from Friday. I’m contemplating taking Friday and next Monday off. I wonder if I’d regret it next spring if vacation time starts getting low. Right now, I almost don’t care. I’ll decide for sure later in the week.

Bill, it’s hard to deny the days getting shorter when I started needing my headlamp to take the doggies for their hike at 5:00 am. Last week was darkish and this morning the stars are clearly visible and bright. Soon frost and flakes will accompany the dark.
Marie

Shannon in ATL 08-16-2010 11:34 AM

Bill - I don't feel like the days are getting shorter yet... I wish they would, I need a little break. :)

Megan - I'm just going to leave the manatee googling alone... :) I already feel behind today, too. I hate that. Hope your week gets better!

Michele - my DMV pic looks terrible... Hope you feel better soon!

I had a hectic weekend - had to work on Saturday, had DSS from Saturday at 8am - Sunday at 6. Was our regular weekend, but we got him Saturday instead of Friday night because we had him last Thursday night last minute. Scheduling gets so complicated... DH had an asthma attack Friday a week ago, inhaled some spray on sunscreen. He has been congested ever since, seems to have settled into an upper respiratory infection. He was at his worst this past Friday, started taking Mucinex all weekend. Lots of coughing up junk all weekend. Woke up Saturday night about 1:00 am, felt dizzy, a little nauseated. Walked into the bathroom, came back and sat down, still felt weird. Started to feel a tightness in his chest and felt like his arms and legs were on fire, was cold and clammy, disoriented. We called 911 - thought he was having a heart attack, or some strange asthma reaction. When they checked him all of his vitals were good, the burning seemed to have subsided so we declined transport to the emergency room. He has felt a milder version of it a few more times this weekend - I am wondering if he pinched a nerve sleeping propped up and coughing and that was the pain he felt. Worrisome. At least the upper respiratory infection seems a little better. I am wiped out tired. Ick.

Good day everyone!

alinnell 08-16-2010 11:36 AM

Does anyone read The Pioneer Woman? Well, she posted this the other day and it is so apropos of what is going on here today: "You know that glorious feeling when you're sitting in a sauna and someone pours water on the rocks and that intense heat hits you in the face and you might get a hint of aromatherapy in the process? That's exactly what it feels like when you walk outside my front door today. Minus the glorious feeling. And the aromatherapy. And pretty much anything good at all."

We had a good weekend, saw The Expendables and Scott Pilgrim vs The World. The first was typical--just what you'd expect, with a little laugh mixed in. The second was cute--probably more in tune to teens and twenty-odd, but it was fun.

We bought another golf cart yesterday. My friend that I got the kitten from, she and her husband won a golf cart last spring at a golf tournament. They've used it twice--to the dog park and back and once around the neighborhood. They found out it wasn't new, but totally refurbished, and they knew we wanted it at the tournament, so they offered to sell it to us. So when my in-laws get back they'll get a shiny red 4-seater golf cart! The old one that they used last year will remain here at the shop for little running around errands.

Yum (I hope). I have chicken marinating for fajitas tonight. I couldn't find a marinade which uses chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, so I combined the best of what I saw online and made up my own. I hope it'll be good!

I had a decent weekend of food, but did indulge in licorice at the movies. I got up this morning and had a grueling workout, so I'll be sore later today, but it's good that I did it.

The kitten is becoming more and more adventurous. He'll come out to the family room despite the dogs hanging around. He let the dogs lick him a little, too.

Ok, not to sure I want to know about manatee mating, either, but perhaps I'll chance it!

Michele~I know from personal experience that when I have to pick up the kids at ungodly hours (after 10 PM!!! LOL) I usually don't sleep well and then have an off day the next day. I hope you don't suffer an off day!

WaterRat 08-16-2010 02:24 PM

Morning. After a week away, I think I'm caught up on things here at home and can have a fairly "normal" week. :) We had a day with mostly no rain yesterday so I finally got my grass mowed. We have currently broken a record - 29 days of measurable precipitation (and still going up.... )

I did manage to get a cold while I was away. I spent two days with almost no voice (and much laughter from my friends!), then moved into have a cough at night, and now I have the stuffed up head. Weird. I too a decongestant and plan to go to the gym anyway.

Bill - I totally notice that the days are getting shorter. It's actually dark part of the night now. :lol:

Shannon - hope you get some rest.

Allison, I read the Pioneer WOman all the time. My niece who is a soap maker in Maine (Casco Bay Soap) with her own blog recently had TPW visit and comment on her blog - she was so excited. :)

thesame7lbs 08-16-2010 04:49 PM

I noticed the late sunrise on Saturday when I was waiting to go on a 6 am run. I don't like to run in the dark! Luckily it was brightening up by the time I left.

Megan, I've had a couple of those rough days in the past year (both during Girls Weekends) and I always think, wasn't I supposed to stop doing this by now?

Michele, hope the DMV was tolerable. My photo is awful, and my weight is too high. How fun is it though, to be lower than the weight on your license, knowing that most of the world is opposite? :D

Shannon, I hope your DH is feeling better. That must have been pretty scary.

Allison, I am going to copy down that Pioneer Woman quote! It describes Maryland precisely. It is soupy out there today. :(

Pat, LOL on the "actually dark." Wait a minute -- how do you see the northern lights if it's not even dark out?!??! I think 29 days of rain in a row would drive me batty! Is that unusual? Weather all around the globe seems a little crazy this year.

I am looking forward to a busy week getting ready for our week at the beach with my husband's family. Besides packing for our family, I bring a whole bunch of general kitchen suppliies, plus I'll be making and freezing salmon cakes for one night's dinner while we're there. The other night I'll make a low-country shrimp boil. One night DH and I will go out alone. The rest of the nights I'm at the mercy of whoever's cooking. Should be interesting!

Amy

paperclippy 08-16-2010 04:51 PM

Hi everyone! I don't have much time to post this week since work is full of meetings.

Megan, I am also avoiding looking up the manatees! :lol:

Days are definitely getting shorter. It's harder for me to wake up in the morning since the sun isn't up until 7:00 now. Darn this west edge of the time zone! We should be on Central time, not Eastern. Oh well. This morning it was actually cool outside, around 60 degrees, which made it feel like fall. I'd be okay with fall but I still want to wait a good long while for winter! :lol:

Customer demo over web conferencing went well today. I have another customer demo tomorrow morning in person, then a meeting for something else at work, then a web conference demo for some sales people. Wednesday starts all-day training I have to go to until noon Friday, but I have to cut out for part of the afternoon for a demo to apps people over web conferencing. I'm going to have to move my planned lunchtime workout later this week to after work since I won't have lunch off!

Relatedly, at work they are doing a new corporate wellness initiative and I am signed up to be one of the people who helps promote it and coordinate it. So if any of you guys have any great ideas about how to encourage people who work in an office to be more active, eat better, and be less stressed, let me know!

silverbirch 08-16-2010 05:15 PM

Jessica, over on the Beck board new2me2 wrote this yesterday:

"My company is really all about health these days, so on Friday we each were handed a little backpack bag thingy with a few health related items...one of which was a jump rope. So, that was a little spontaneous exercise as I haven't tried jumping rope in years and just had to try it."

Sounds like fun! You could ask her a bit more about it.

traveling michele 08-16-2010 08:09 PM

Back from the DMV. Ugghh.... we waited almost 2.5 hours but we got dd's permit and my new picture and weight. I didn't see the picture so I'll have to wait until I get it in the mail. I'm so tired that I'm sure the bags under my eyes will be huge!

I'm very sore from bootcamp on Saturday (90 minutes) and I'm trying to talk myself into going tonight. I'll be mad at myself if I don't go but I'm so tired and sore......... I'll tell myself that it will help me sleep better and I really need the sleep!

Mudpie 08-16-2010 08:22 PM

Oops! Forgot to post this morning.

Exam start :fr: is 49 hours away. Tick, tick, tick, tick . . .

. . .DH is feeling a bit better and I hope we both can get a little more sleep :tired: tonite. Last night he kept coughing, and coughing, and getting up and - well, you get the idea.

I had a great day :yay: today! Hot but lots of wind so I didn't really notice. I had "flow" all day - just kept this energy thing happening :cb: and everything went well. All the dogs were remarkable good too :angel: (for a Monday).

I'm totally OP with the food. Had a nice vegetarian dinner, followed by a little bowl of strawberries about 30 minutes ago. I'm going to have one fruity popsicle at nine and then call it a night for the food.

Have a great evening all (and no more talk about darkness and frost and flakes etc. - EEEWW!!!)

Dagmar :sunny:

WaterRat 08-16-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesame7lbs (Post 3439355)
Pat, LOL on the "actually dark." Wait a minute -- how do you see the northern lights if it's not even dark out?!??! I think 29 days of rain in a row would drive me batty! Is that unusual? Weather all around the globe seems a little crazy this year.

Amy

:lol: We see them in the winter of course! Then we have 19+ hours of darkness (well, at the darkest, 12/21) instead of 19+ hours of daylight (again, at the lightest 6/21). And the rain is absolutely unusual! We usually have more rain in August, but June and July are nice. Not this year - June was so-so, July rained nearly every day....

Ewww, Michele, you were brave to go to the DMV. I hate going, and now that we can register our vehicles online (for a $10 discount!) I only have to go for my license renewal - once every 5 years. But to help with the wait, our quilt guild hangs quilts all over the DMV office walls. At least people have something pleasant to look at. :)

Got a great price on 7% hamburger yesterday, so I'm going to make a meatloaf for dinner. It's that kind of day - rainy and about 50!

traveling michele 08-16-2010 09:31 PM

Pat-- not brave but no choice! I did mine online but the picture quality was poor so they sent a note saying I needed to have my pic redone. Therefore I took the opportunity to have my correct weight put on the license. Dd had to go to get her learner's permit. She could have made an appointment but when she went online the first appointment was months from now so we went and waited along with the throngs of people. When she does her behind the wheel test she has to have an appointment and the wait isn't too terrible usually (did it 3 times with older dd before she passed!)

Mudpie 08-17-2010 05:38 AM

Good Morning all!

Another night of interrupted :tired: sleep, setting me up for an eating binge this evening. But I know that :dizzy: and I'm taking measures to correct before it happens (I do learn from my mistakes - eventually :p).

DH has booked a hotel room for tonite for himself to avoid the :stress: of driving in rush hour traffic before his exam tomorrow. I know I will be on the phone with him this evening (he's very nervous) but at least the snoring, waking, getting up, tossing and turning, etc. from his cold will not be affecting me tonite. I am looking forward to a coma-like sleep :faint: by myself!

The hardest part of this CMA process will all be over by 1 p.m. tomorrow - :yay: :dance: :cb:

Great Tuesday all!

Dagmar :tired: