Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Hello all!

Another scorching day here. Hope the thundershowers in the forecast show up.

Megan I think bats are really cool. We went on a "Haunted Walk" during a vacation several years ago and the bats were flying all around us. Your birthday so far sounds like a lot of fun.

Marie I know the number on the scale isn't everything but sometimes it's just so GOOOD to see it!

Pat You and DH really have a handle on growing/catching your own food. I have herbs. Maybe tomatoes. Probably not 'cause some of the ends are turning black!?!?? They'll go with my black thumb.

Rabbit Enjoy your holiday!

Shannon Way to be on plan

Gary How do I find you on FB?

I have started the second book in the "Girl With . . ." series. Totally addictive!

Have a great evening all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #62  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

DAGMAR I will PM you for the facebook.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #63  
Workin' It

And another day on plan today. Even though DH & I both wanted ice cream after our spicy food for dinner. We had Diana's Dark Chocolate Banana Babies instead (frozen half bananas dipped in dark chocolate, 130 cals). So much better for us than the minimum 550 cal items we discussed, and pretty darn yummy.

Dagmar - I've yet to start the first 'Girl with...' book. Worth it?
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Happy birthday Megan....

I read all the post , can answer now i am writting from my iphone and i not that good.

Shannon: How can i make the frozen bananas ? It sound good.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:11 AM   #65  

Hi all,

Megan, a belated happy birthday!

Pat - it sounds like you are living off the land for a big part. Awesome!

Shannon - good job on the bananas

Marie - thanx for the info on the aquabot. I want a pool bot, but they are minimum 1000 euro (1300 $) overhere. As I go to California on my holiday I might try to pick one up.

Yesterday was spent in administration, mowing & handling the damage the neighbors boy did to a piece of plumbing to the pool. He broke a pipe & I had a leak in my solar system, but fortunately the neigbor came over to fix it. I was quite stressed out from it as I knew I would have no time to fix it myself today.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #66  
Workin' It

Good morning! Great day yesterday. Good food, good exercise, withstood the ice cream temptation, had a nice peanut butter & banana toast snack before bed. Good plan in place for today, I just have to make it through the weekend now.

Jess/Wendy - these bananas were store bought, wanted to try them before I tried to make my own. DH's ex makes them, though - she just melts the chocolate (either unsweet or milk, she gets 'dipping chocolate' from the baking section I believe), dips the bananas, freezes them. Sometimes rolls them in peanuts or pecans. I've seen recipes that call for melting shaved chocolate or chips with butter or canola oil, I think I would skip that to cut the calories.

Rabbit - Sorry about the damage to your pool, glad the neighbor fixed it.

Good day all!

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 07-16-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #67  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Shannon, I love Banana Babies!

Quick fly-by here before my lunch meeting. I'm deciding whether or not to eat the food provided at the meeting, given that my triathlon is TOMORROW so I don't want to put anything weird into my system. I'm thinking if it's Panera I'll eat it, if it's pizza I'll skip. I did bring a backup lunch in either case.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #68  
Workin' It

Jessica - the Banana Babies were fabulous. Now I want to try the milk chocolate ones. Your lunch plan sounds good. Hope your tri is fantastic tomorrow!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #69  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Shannon, what kind of ice cream do you have that it's 550 cals??? I have ice cream every night (a cone usually) and it's 170 cals. But, the banana babies sound great. I was thinking of getting some dipping choc to do the humungous Costco strawberries (I figure DH might then eat some fruit). Although I learned DH loves cherries. 27 years of marriage and I JUST learn this??? So I bought a pitter and we're going to pick cherries tomorrow after our bike ride. At least I am hoping the sign for picking your own cherries is still up.

DD made a counter-counter offer on the house and I think she offered too much. My guess is the seller will accept the offer that expires at 5 this evening. But the house is beautiful and will be worth it.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #70  
Workin' It

Marie - if we had gone for ice cream the lowest calorie option on the list was a twisted frosty from Wendy's, 550 cals. Other options would have been Sonic or lots of Ben & Jerry's... Therein lies my ice cream problem - I have a hard time going for a single serving of something reasonable.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Wondering if gelatto is more or less calories than ice cream....

I just heard my DD is planning a road trip to San Francisco with her best friend from high school. I'm jealous! I haven't been up there for at least 8 years. I doubt they'd want me hanging around though. And besides, I'd rather fly up for a quick trip. I once considered flying up in the morning with an empty suitcase. Stash it in a locker at the airport. Take BART into the city and SHOP all day! and then take BART back, pack my suitcase and fly home. I don't want to do it alone and I don't know who I'd invite to take along...DH certainly isn't an option!

DS had his first behind the wheel driver's training yesterday so he's good to go for driving with an adult. I told him he now has to go to the grocery store with me every weekend because he has to drive me!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post

I just heard my DD is planning a road trip to San Francisco with her best friend from high school. I'm jealous! I haven't been up there for at least 8 years. I doubt they'd want me hanging around though. And besides, I'd rather fly up for a quick trip. I once considered flying up in the morning with an empty suitcase. Stash it in a locker at the airport. Take BART into the city and SHOP all day! and then take BART back, pack my suitcase and fly home. I don't want to do it alone and I don't know who I'd invite to take along...DH certainly isn't an option!
You could come and visit me! I'm happy to go "into the city" for some sightseeing!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #73  
Chuggin' along...

I was enjoying a delicious strawberry daiquiri yesterday at 4:30 when I got a phone call, and found out I had to be at work at 6:30 this morning. So my celebrations got postponed to the weekend. It was a nice day though. I'm really looking forward to going to the city tomorrow. BF made our hotel reservations last night.

Allison and Michele, if you have a maintainers meet & day on the town, I want pictures!

Shannon, mmm, Wendy's frosty. Good job choosing a lower calorie treat!

Jessica, GL on your triathlon! I'll be cheering for you!

Rabbit, glad you've got a nice neighbor to help you out.

Just got in from field work, now I've gotta get back to work... have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #74  
Working My Way Back Down

Allison, I'm betting gelato has more calories..... And do they still have lockers at the airport?? But I love the idea. I've never done much shopping in SF, and in fact have only been there 2 or 3 times as a tourist.

Rain, rain, more rain. And it's 50F (10C) so I'm wearing jeans, a long-sleeve tee and a fleece vest. This is July??
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #75  
Workin' It

Allison - having just looked at gellato in the store I can tell you that it varies. At least the Talenti brand does. Some flavors are higher cal than ice cream, some are lower. The Caramel Cookie Crunch was lower, Double Chocolate & Vanilla Bean were both higher.

Megan - sorry the daiquiri was interrupted!