Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Question How much did your body change after hitting goal?

So I know a lot can change in the last 10 lbs, at least I hope so, but how much did your body change once you hit goal? I'm concerned I'll just be a smaller flabby version of my current self. I'm strength training and actually just started a new program last week so there is hope there, but am I safe to assume that once I hit goal things will continue to shrink, shift and tighten, especially since I'm strength training? I'm just trying to prepare myself, because I don't think 135-140 would be a good range for me. I don't think it will be sustainable and the smallest I've been as a normal healthy adult is 138-140. So in my mind with the muscle I've already put on and being 10 years older and post pregnancy 140-145 should be perfect, but if it's just a smaller version of this current body that might be an issue. Obviously I'll have to reevaluate when I get there and I know there are fat loss programs I can look into that don't involve weight loss, but just curious how and if anything changed when you hit goal.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #2  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Definitely not a good one to answer this because I am what you have described. I am hoping that within the year things will change and tone up more. I am still happier with what I am now than what I was before!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #3  
Workin' It

I had a lot of changes after goal, and am still changing actually. In the year after I reached my goal I added in strength training - I lost 4 inches on my waist, 8 I think on my lower abdomen/poochie tummy measurement, and have significantly changed the appearance of my arms, shoulders, hips and legs. Weights, weights and more weights.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Your body can absolutely change, a lot! But only if you put in the work to do it. Also, when you go for a strength training program, you may find that you lose inches while gaining pounds, so you need to focus more on the tape measure than the scale.

In any case, my body has changed considerably thanks to strength training and athletic pursuits. Sure I'm still flabby in some areas -- that's why I have more goals to do more strength training and such. But in any case since doing strength training, now at 138lbs I am the same size measurement-wise that I was at 130 before when I didn't have any muscles, and less of it is flab.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I've been at around the same weight for a few years. I think I might be losing a little in my legs (I'm not running around as much as I used to) and gaining a little in my chest.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Ncueno-- i have done a complete body recomp sitting right around the same weight for almost a year. COMPLETE recomp. it is absolutely possible, but it takes a lot of work and dedication. You might also find as you start adding in more cals (in maintenace) that you "tone* up a bit more ( i hate that word!) BAsically you might be able to put on a little more muscle if you are eating more. I sstill weigh the same (anywhere from 135-140, normally) But am able to fit in size 2's and 4's.... whereas before at this weight i was a 6-8
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote