Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #61  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

LOL Marie, it has a chest strap and claims I'm alive.

Pat, have fun with your quilting friends!

Shannon, I hope you feel better soon. My runs in the heat are pretty wussy too.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #62  
Workin' It

I think 'half pigeon' is my favorite yoga pose.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #63  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Shannon, that pic is scary. Painful looking. Yuck. My body, even as a baby mostly likely, could NEVER end like that. I hope you feel better. Are you sick from your race and the heat?

Jessica, darn!!!! I was hoping for one that didn't go on the chest. Because I know I have a pulse in my wrist but all chest ones say I'm dead. I hate counting heartrates for 10 seconds and then multiplying (altho that does keep my mind busy while exercising). My hand grip things say I'm at about 30 beats so I'm not quite dead there.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #64  
Workin' It

Marie - You know, I didn't think about the heat thing. Could be. I do know that when my lunch today made me sick I began to worry if I was suddenly allergic to lettuce... And, they make a heart rate monitor watch that is strap free that DH considered, I'll see if I can find the link to it... It was on Amazon. Got mixed reviews. Do you wet the strap until it is dripping before you put it on? That is what I have to do, otherwise mine thinks I'm dead, too. None of this 'moisten electrodes' hooey for me.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #65  
Workin' It

MioPink
Marie - this one is strapless, but you do have to hold two fingers on the sides....
Old 07-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

That is so weird about your HRM, Shannon. I put mine on dry and never have a problem. Of course, by the time I take it off, it's dripping!

Ok, here you all go:

Before 1

Before 2

Before 3

After 1

After 2

After 3
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #67  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Love the hair! LOVE it!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #68  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Wow Allison, the haircut is cute!!!!! What a change. You are so much braver than I. I have contemplated cutting some of mine so I could donate it to Locks of Love. I'm thinking maybe in the fall. Did you donate yours? It looks like you had a lot cut off.

Shannon, I looked at the link HRM watches and can see that the two finger thing would be irritating. I have gotten my strap damp but I will try it tomorrow dripping wet. It would be so cool to have it actually work. Thanks for the advice.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Love it Allison!! It looks awesome! So chic and you look younger!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Nice coif Allison!!
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:23 AM   #71  

Wow Allission, you look so good!

Shannon I hope you are feeling better.

We're in the middle of a heat wave again here. 31 C for the next couple of days. My place is suddenly popular to hang out for DS and DD and their friends, since we have a pool and their school holidays have started. I'll be working from home the next couple of days to finish of the report of me trip to Bruges, abd then I'm done before the holidays start as well.

AND do't you all forget to send massive good vibes to the dutch soccer team who is playing the finals in the worldcup on sunday. It is a national thing overhere. Public life stopped at the last 2 games and I believe we a collective sigh came from 16 M dutch when they beat Brazil in the last game. Streets, houses and malls are decorated in orange, and there are no more big screens available for sunday...all out on the street & in the bars for the big event on subday.

Got to go work,
have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #72  
Working My Way Back Down

Love the haircut Allison. You look so chic!

Rabbit, I was wondering if everyone there was so deeply into the soccer. I'll be routing for you - I don't know anyone in Spain.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:31 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking lotsa fun stuff

Allison Very chic! Makes your hair look much fuller too, without the weight of the longer hair.

Rabbit Does the Dutch team take off its' shirts as much as the South Americans do ? I remember clearly when Greece won the thing - we were living in "greektown" and the party went on all night!

DH and I went to see "The Flaming Lips" last night. Gotta love a band whose lead guy comes out in a plastic bubble and "space walks" over the crowd, then throws out massive amounts of large balloons, and fires off confetti cannons. This was just the intro.

I think they are even better appreciated after consuming various illegal substances but DH and I don't do those anymore. We had fun though!

We have thunder showers in the forecast today. I kinda wish I could not take the dogs out in these conditions but no workee, no payee. I've never had a client call me and cancel the walk because of the weather.

TGIF!!!!!

Dagmar aka Yoshimi
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

After I posted the pictures, I posted them on Facebook and my daughter said it was hard for her to look at them because they were done on my MacBook. I didn't realize it at the time, but the camera in MacBook takes a mirror image photo of you! So it looks normal to me, but no one else! LOL And I didn't have quite enough to donate to locks of love, but my hairdresser is sending all her hair to the Gulf to help soak up oil. She said she thinks they get so much every day, buy once it's all bagged up and compressed it looks like such a small amount. But I guess every bit helps. And I did add a lot more highlights to my hair. I have been steadily going more and more brown as I age. My hair is now closer to what it was like through my 20s but my daughter keeps saying "it looks so blonde." Oh well. Now to learn how to style it!

We're taking in two movies this weekend. The second movie in the Steig Larsson series is out (with subtitles)--The Girl Who Played With Fire and we have to go see Despicable Me, it looks so funny. But first I have to get through this day's work. Ugh. I'd much rather stay home.

On another note, I decided my son needs a bit more to do as he is home alone all day. So I decided that on Wednesday he is to come up with a menu for Thursday's dinner, make the shopping list and I'll buy the stuff while he's at his Krav Maga class. Last night he treated us to fajitas! They were divine and it was so nice to have a night off of cooking. Best of all, he got the recipe from one of my Cooking Light cookbooks (without my asking!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

But can they sing, Dagmar? I guess it doesn't matter after a few drinks (or whatever).

Sending those vibes, Rabbit.

Beautiful haircut, Allison. And I love the color. How nice that your son is cooking for you. Besides being helpful, it's a good skill for all kids to have.

Supposed to be in the mid-90s all week. Trying to get yardwork done in the morning before it starts heating up too much. Thank goodness for A/C! Got some summer squash, chard, kale, snow peas, lettuce, beets and radishes already. Yum!

Have a good weekend, everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote