Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-18-2010, 12:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

So sorry your day sucked Allison!! Hope tomorrow is much better.

Kim-- hope your swelling goes down tomorrow!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:12 AM   #17  

Wow, sounds like the crappy monday virus hit really hard yesterday!
You can count me in on the blah feeling. Nothing serious, just a carry over from a bad sunday. Looks like it turned a corner monday evening & everything looks better now.
Looks like it is going to be a sunny day, so I'm biking to work to enjoy the weather.
have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #18  
Working My Way Back Down

Not exactly crappy - just still sick. Sigh. I'm off to bed.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I hope everyone is feeling better, physically and emotionally, today! And that the sun is shining everywhere(I always feel better in sunny weather)

I am trying one of my new weight routines this morning and am off to do that now . I'm probably going for a bike ride this evening as DH is off at a seminar.

I again suggested that we put the TV away in the garage after May and he responded with . I never have it on in the evening when he's not here but if he turns it on I invariably end up in front of it. TV can be just as addictive as anything else .

Have a great Tuesday all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Well that's annoying! I just broke the handle on my resistance bands. Went to the amazon.com website only to find out none of the resistance bands I want for a replacement are available to be shipped to Canada.

I'm finding that with athletic shoes as well. Some kind of trade thing I suppose.

There are no fitness equipment stores near me that stock what I want. Darn! I guess I'll get out the duct tape and see what I can do.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

well swelling is not gone today...not even close! ah... this is sooo unpleasant! sooooo going to a doc tonight (not sure what they can do about it but hey, i am hopeful!)

dagmar - guess you are just too strong for your own good eh? wink wink...

here's hoping tues treats everyone better!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #22  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I am feeling better today, but will still try to get some rest to get fully recovered by tomorrow. My food choices will definitely be OP today to accelerate the healing process. I'm hopeful that I will feel up for a run by this afternoon and be able to play in the softball game tonight, but we'll see about all that as the day goes on.
Sounds like yesterday was a germy mess for many, so here's to a healthier Tuesday!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #23  
Workin' It

Today isn't starting out to be hugely better than yesterday... I did get my yoga in this morning, and brought my running clothes so hope to get out for a run one way or another. Might be on the way to pick up DH - the exercise clothes will be a big hit at the daycare pickup.

Hope everyone is feeling better today!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

What a yucky Monday!
My dd was up during the night vomiting but she thinks it was something she ate and is at school now. Hopefully I won't get a call later. She and her sister went to Chipotle and the movies and ate JUNK. Maybe she won't want to eat so much junk in the future!

Dreary, drizzly and cold here.....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

It must be feeling horrible week. I am cancelling everything I had planned and staying home. My head feels like it's doubled in size and my innards aren't doing so well either.

My sister and I had a wonderful time in Northern California last week on our RV trip. We stayed in Brookings (OR) our first night, then in Arcata (CA) the rest of the time. Beautiful scenery, incredible architecture in Arcata, Eureka and Ferndale especially. Lots of walking and hiking. We decided to sell the RV, though--just too hard to deal with now that I no longer live in OR. I think we can rent an RV for a week or two a year and it'll be easier and cheaper.

Okay, some water, then back to bed. . .
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #26  
Workin' It

Ack. My head is killing me today...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #27  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

What is going on around here?? Everyone is sick/injured/allergic/etc! (I can't catch it by reading this thread, can I? ) Seriously though, feel better soon everyone!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #28  

thanks just an update... i am 'sick' and the doc cannot figure out why... so i am going on 'super' benadryl and had to buy and epi-pen just in case but it could also be something wrong with my kidneys (which would explain more than 3kg weight increase in just a couple days!!! i am soooo swollen it is physcially very painful!)

so... all that to say, this is the first time i have missed exercising (doc said not to until blood test results came back) in 18 months...yes you heard me, i have not missed a day in 18 months and now i have to miss a few days for sure... maybe even a full week... i am FREAKING OUT!!!! am soooo scared i'll pack on the pounds... hoping it is nothing seriously wrong but man i am scared... and i dont have a significant other to share this with so you ladies are getting a blast!

thanks for letting me rant!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #29  
Meg

Good heavens, Kim, you're dealing with a lot! Don't worry a bit about weight gain -- so long as your eating is on track, you'll be fine. Really! Quite a few of us here have taken layoffs due to injury or illness and we've all maintained by just sticking to our eating plans. Just beware of comfort eating!

You know, if you haven't taken a day off for 18 months, your body probably NEEDS a rest! This could actually be beneficial for you and you might come back all re-energized!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #30  

meg - thank you so much... i am just soooo scared right now... i am probably freaking out over nothing but i am really really freaking out... takes a lot to scare me and i am full on right now...deep breath now... deep breath... no comfort eating... just sleep... i can do this... thank you thank you thank you!