Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-24-2010, 05:22 AM   #1  
Meg

Default Maintainers Chat: Week Of May 24 - 30

Last edited by Meg; 12-13-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:44 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Yep, let summer arrive; I'm ready to leave the house without reaching for a jacket.

We got our tomatoes and basil in the ground at the same time. I suppose that real gardeners would have been thinking about watering and growth; I was thinking about basil on tomatoes with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, LOL.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:46 AM   #3  
Meg

I had the same response to your tomatoes and basil but was wondering if you could arrange for some mozzarella too? (low fat, of course )
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Good Morning!

We are on holiday here - the cats did not get the memo .

Meg For most Canadians the May 24 (Victoria Day) weekend is the start of summer. Toronto's downtown was virtually deserted Sat. night when DH and the band played, as a lot of people open up their cottages this weekend or go camping.

Bill My basil is the "cheater" kind - I repot already mature plants from the garden centre and keep them inside so they don't fry! I am not a good garden waterer. I can't wait for those tasty summer tomatoes - some bread, tomato, chopped freshly picked basil, a splash of balsamic and lunch is done!

This weekend is traditionally DH and my "starter" for kayaking and the weather is co-operating beautifully. We do our first paddle this morning . I'm even going to make him a big to wake him up. If that doesn't work then I get out the

So I followed my plan to stay OP this weekend and treated myself to non-food rewards (manicure, kayaking, finishing one of the 20 books I'm reading). : - 134 lbs!

I'm ready to face what is going to be a week. No internet access Tues - Thurs, so I'll check in at the end of the week.

Have a great Monday all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #5  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

I have a confession: I have not been behaving like a maintainer. Starting today I will turn this ship around.

Hope you all have a great week!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:23 AM   #6  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Wardhog, I was not behaving like a maintainer until Wed/Thurs of last week and the scale proved it--136! It must have not stuck because today, after being op over the weekend, it's at 134, which is pretty typical for Monday morning. I'm impressed by you gardeners. I like the idea of a garden but am pretty lazy. I did buy a pepper plant and will pick up a tomato plant and some green onion plants for my pots. That's about the extent of my "green thumb." I am loving the warm weather!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #7  
Workin' It

Good morning. I'm sitting at the dentist waiting for DSS to finish a cleaning. Hard watching your little tiny child walk back all alone with the dental hygienist....

Meg - bring on the summer, yes please. And the low fat mozzarella!

Bill - I would have been thinking the same thing as I planted! Forget watering?think about end results!

Dagmar - on your weekend!

Ward - I haven't been acting like a maintainer since the first of Mau either... And the low of 4/30 is 3.5 pounds away.... Back on track today.

Losermom - I desperately want a vegetable garden, but have been described as having a black thumb.... May try some tomatos, but that will be it.

Good weekend with DSS over, nice run yesterday, daddy's laundry done, only one load of mine to go. Back into investigation chaos today. Have to keep my food and exercise up this week even with the stress...

Good day all!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #8  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good Monday morning everyone!
I'm thrilled to say this week is starting out right. I got in my healthy breakfast, already have a couple loads of laundry going and the kids and hubby off to school. It's going to be a good day. I stayed up too late to watch LOST which we had to DVR, so I'm determined to sneak a nap into my schedule today....I'm so spoiled!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone,

Having a nice lazy holiday Monday morning. Nice to have a day off - my cats didn't get the memo either Dagmar. They thought i should get up at 5am to feed them as usual.
The weather has been odd - very cold and blustery - almost November like

Did a 15k run yesterday - it went pretty well - still slower than i would like, but hopefully i can kick it up a bit on race day.
After those long runs I feel justified in eating more than i normally would
Need to change that mentality - it would be nice to tote a few less pounds while running.

I have been celebrating my Bday all weekend with wine, great food, cake and pie - today is my actual bday - so it stops HERE!! Back to maintainer/loser land.

S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #10  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Good morning everyone!

Funny how in Canada the beginning of summer long weekend is a week before it is in the US. You'd think since it's colder up there, it would be later!

Sznn, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Meg and Bill, can I have some of your caprese salad? DH's tomatoes and basil are in the ground (or pots) as well. He was grumpy yesterday because he ran out of potting mix while planting a pepper plant, so he filled up the pot with peat moss, but the peat doesn't hold water as well as the potting mix. Oh well, we only have like TEN pepper plants.

Dagmar, have fun kayaking!

Hi Loser, Ward, Shannon, MsP!

Pretty good weekend here. I feel exhausted already and it's only Monday morning! But it's the good kind of exhausted, because yesterday I biked 14 miles and swam for 25 minutes, and this morning I ran for 45 minutes. My times are pretty good and I'm feeling confident about my July triathlon, which I officially signed up for last week. Watch me freak out a week beforehand though when I actually go to the park and remember that I'll be swimming in a reservoir.

So I know some of you were having unseasonably cold temperatures, but here it's been unseasonably WARM! We're breaking records. High of 86 forecast for today -- we had to turn on the A/C last night when it got up to 83 in the house. So I got out of bed early this morning to beat the heat for my run, but it was pretty warm even at 6am.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #11  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

paperclippy-My tri is in 2 weeks and I have not gotten nearly the training in that I have in the past, but I've done this one before and it's an "easy" course. It'll be fine, I'm sure, but your training reminded me to get on the ball and finish up well so I don't completely embarass myself! LOL
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #12  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

MsP, good luck on your tri! Join us on the triathlon chat thread!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Ward~I have been behaving like a maintainer. BUT I should be behaving like a dieter.

Good morning to everyone and happy birthday to Sznn.

It's going to be a busy (and cool) week. Just popped in to say hi.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!
Cold and dreary here too. I am so ready for summer.
It should be an interesting week for me at school. I'm trying to get back all 27,000 plus library books from the kids so no new checkouts. Therefore, I am bringing my great dane, Jozi, to talk to the kids all week. She is a therapy dog so I'm going to talk about therapy dogs and service dogs (we've raised two service dogs). It should be quite distracting for me to try to get my work done!

My weight was where I wanted it to be for 4-5 days and it is up a pound today so I'll have to stay focused!

Happy birthday Sznn!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

The new AC is being installed as I write this - of course this morning rather than already reaching toward triple digits, it's a comfortable 75 or so outside... but I'll sure appreciate the AC when it heats up again!

I have not been behaving like a maintainer, either. Not at all. Must fix this.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote