3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   I want to maintain my size 14's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/200510-i-want-maintain-my-size-14s.html)

Eliana 04-28-2010 08:14 AM

I want to maintain my size 14's

I was saving this corner of the board as a little reward for myself for reaching goal, despite the fact you guys always say we're all welcome as any loss is reason to maintain. Today I decided, I want to maintain my little 14's. :D No, I haven't reached goal, but what I have done is worth maintaining!! I am a success. :D (You don't know how HUGE that is for me.)

So, hello! :wave: The last time I wore 14's was when I just graduated up to them prior to conceiving our first child. So in a way, I feel like I've crossed back into a different time in my life and it feels really good. And today, I retired my "skinny jeans" to the Goodwill pile!! :dizzy: The 16's I bought at the start of this journey that would not rise above my thighs...yeah, they're in the Goodwill pile. I don't think I've ever in my life had to retire a pair of previous "skinny jeans".

cathydoe 04-28-2010 08:25 AM

Elaina...my so called skinny jeans are too big too! The other day when a friend said I needed new pants I said "I know and it makes me mad" She looked at me strange and I looked at myself strange. What was that about...mad wasn't the right word...but it feels VERY STRANGE to have the "skinny jeans" too big!

Thighs Be Gone 04-28-2010 08:41 AM

Yes! What you have accomplished is so worth maintaining. What is SO exciting is that you are just on the brink of dropping sizes like rocks. You know, I had never realized how quickly sizes went down once I got below a 12 or so. When I first began, I was wearing a very large 16 or smaller 18. It took 30 pounds to get to a 14! Once I got there, the sizes started going down about every ten pounds. I imagine it will be the same for you. That was so motivating to me.

Congratulations on your success. You obviously have what it takes and it's working.

Eliana 04-28-2010 09:13 AM

Cathy, right! I was actually frustrated yesterday because I had thrown these jeans on knowing they'd be comfortable so I could head out on a walk. I had to keep hiking them up and was very near needing to hold them up. They wanted to sit below my hip bone and I don't wear pants that way! :rofl: I thought to myself, now why on earth am I frustrated by such a wonderful problem?!

Thighsbegone, I've noticed that already and it's beautiful! I haven't really wrapped my brain around the fact that I'm in 16's yet and here they are too big. And just this weekend my 14's were barely public worthy, but today they're comfortable even though the stupid SCALE says I've lost only one pound. Exercise does crazy, crazy things. :dizzy: Education and patience are the only things that have gotten me through.

paperclippy 04-28-2010 10:37 AM

:welcome: Eliana! Congrats on your loss! Please feel free to join us in the chat thread!