3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community
You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Attitude Of Gratitude -- April (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/198244-maintainers-attitude-gratitude-april.html)

paperclippy 04-15-2010 01:10 PM

1) DH
2) nice weather
3) tissues
4) hanging out with the dog
5) my back feels a lot better today

WaterRat 04-15-2010 03:58 PM

* :coffee:
* kitties
* a DH who is active, and never questions my need to be the same
* good friends
* long daylight hours

traveling michele 04-15-2010 10:52 PM

I haven't participated in the gratitude journal here but it puts a smile on my face....

Today I am grateful for:
* my sweet dh-- he did our taxes last night and he is busy helping around the house because he'll be gone for two weeks.
* my sweet dd's. My younger dd (15) thanked me today for raising her well. She said she is thankful we have taught her morals and given her boundaries.
* my dd brought her failing grade up to a D- from a F. Would never have thought I would be grateful for that but she is suffering with a horrendous teacher (AP European History). We are still hoping she can pull a C but even a D will be acceptable.
* my dd was safe today when her school experienced a lockdown due to fights/racial disturbances! Usually a very peaceful school/area but today they had 12 fights, police called, ambulances....

Shannon in ATL 04-15-2010 11:02 PM

Michele - glad DD is okay. :hug:

paperclippy 04-16-2010 08:42 AM

Michele, I'm glad your daughter is okay!

1) DH cooked dinner for me last night and took the dog for a walk since I wasn't feeling well
2) working from home means doggie snuggles
3) cooking light
4) I have access to as much clean water as I could possibly want (because, in some countries, people don't have that)
5) CamelBak sale at 65% off! Now I just have to decide which to buy...

traveling michele 04-16-2010 10:50 AM

Jessica-- I just bought dd a CamelBak from Amazon. Where are they 65% off? I should compare the prices though hers was quite discounted!

I am thankful today for
* a warm bed snuggling this morning with dh and my kitties
* Kellogs LowFat Granola with my breakfast
* it is Friday!

Shannon in ATL 04-16-2010 11:18 AM

CamelBak on sale? Where? I got a CamelBak water bottle and I hate it - it leaks, which totally defeats the purpose of travel water bottle... I do want a backpack though.

Today I am thankful for...

1) that I had the forethought to sort my trail mix into individual snack baggies and only brought one to work today
2) sales at Kohl's!
3) weight has been good all week & measurements coming back down - I attribute it to sprint intervals!
4) strawberry sorbet polish on my freshly manicured fingers and toes
5) sunshine outside!

paperclippy 04-16-2010 12:05 PM

The sale was through a membership sale site called The Clymb. PM me if you want and I can send you an invite (it's free) -- basically they get samples and discontinued items, and then sell them in these limited time sales to the members. This is the first time I've ordered from them though so I can't guarantee quality or anything. The sale started yesterday and by the time I got on to order today they had sold out of almost everything already. I ordered a 50oz backpack, it was $22 marked down from $45.

traveling michele 04-16-2010 02:52 PM

The CamelBak I bought on Amazon was 44.79 (no shipping or tax) for a 70 oz.

I have more to be grateful for today!

* It is a gorgeous sunny day outside
* I got a good report from my endocrinologist
* The best news today is that my dd went for a job interview this morning and got the job for next school year!! I am so proud of her. She contacted a temple in the town she goes to college and sent them a resume looking for a teaching position (religious school). She then borrowed a car and drove to a part of town she doesn't know (she doesn't drive much and has limited freeway experience so this is a big deal for her-- and, yes, she got lost). She got the job-- it pays well and she will be working Sunday mornings with "the little ones" and Wednesday nights teaching Hebrew to students with behavior issues or disabilities. She hasn't gone to a temple since going away to college so I'm hoping this is a nice temple and will keep her attached to her heritage. Now we have to help her buy a car this summer!

paperclippy 04-20-2010 09:36 AM

Michele, congrats on your DD's job!

1) I wore a size 4 dress and it looked great!
2) In the past year, I have lost 10lbs and not gained anything
3) at least for now, I can maintain without thinking too hard about it
4) 2 wonderful years so far with my doggie
5) Carter loved his birthday present -- a squeaky tennis ball

midwife 04-28-2010 01:15 PM

*DS #1 swam 300 meters without stopping last night at his first lifeguarding class. He hasn't swam much since last summer and was worried he couldn't do it, but he did!
* He also talked to the instructor about a job and what he's done so far. He can speak!!!!
* He also got into the school he really wanted to go to next year....much smaller and with electives that he's really interested in
* Oh, one of the other kids at the lifeguarding class goes to the school he just got in to and so now he has another friend there!
*So I'm grateful for all of these glimpses of growth and maturity!!!

Marie 05-08-2010 11:33 PM

Spring: I saw today...
1. Baby ducks
2. Baby lambies
3. Baby horse (just one)
4. Baby cows
5. Baby geese

I adore baby animals and spring is so awesome for wildlife!

4rabbit 05-09-2010 01:54 AM

mothers day will be celebrrated next week at my house
I am gratefull
1. That DD will be home next weekend
2. That DS is tudiing for his exams
3. That DS occasionally even speaks
4. That I fit into my new pyama trousers - girls size M!
5. Theat I mowed my lawn yesterday & the garden looks lovely in spring

Karen925 05-09-2010 03:28 PM

I am grateful for
1. My DH who is a wonderful father to our
2. 7 children &
3. grandfather to 1 with another on the way
4. And that though this journey to health is ultimately my responsibility (yes for the first time in my weight loss attempts I am setting the parameters)
5. They have been so very helpful in my process:)

4rabbit 05-10-2010 01:29 AM

I'm thankfull for having the energy to work in my garden and enjoying the results