3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   No Easter Candy Pledge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/197958-no-easter-candy-pledge.html)

midwife 03-29-2010 01:35 PM

No Easter Candy Pledge

Anyone in?

:easter::bunny2::bunny::easter3::egg::easter2:

The hardboiled eggs will be fine. The, um, Reese's eggs are not.

BillBlueEyes 03-29-2010 01:40 PM

No Easter junk food

Count me in. I've been tired of seeing Easter candy in the stores since Valentine's Day.

No chocolate eggs. No marshmallow eggs. No jelly beans. No HFCS.

[But maybe a small square of high quality dark chocolate to celebrate such celibacy.]

Suzanne 3FC 03-29-2010 02:09 PM

Me too! I bought one candy item for my granddaughter, the rest of the basket will be filled with toys. Neither one of us needs it.

edit: Woops! how'd I get in maintainers!

midwife 03-29-2010 02:13 PM

Hey, Suzanne, if I'm here, ANYone can be here! It's all in the wanting to not regain, IMHO, not necessarily in the successful action of not regaining alone. But what do I know? :lol:

Glory87 03-29-2010 02:25 PM

I'm in!

Saying NO to all of it is so much easier for me. Even my beloved Peeps (5 years and COUNTING).

saef 03-29-2010 03:15 PM

I'm in, too.

Yes, even to Jelly Bellies. Those would happen to be my personal downfall. I ate them one by one, to savor the individual flavors, but I ate them all day, for hour after hour after hour. I shudder to think what that nearly IV-line supply probably did to my blood sugar.

Meg 03-29-2010 03:21 PM

Count me in!! :wave:

And Midwife -- what do you know? You know lots! And you hit the Maintainers nail on the head. We're delighted to have you, Suzanne! :)

fruitlady 03-29-2010 04:59 PM

Count me in! I bought peeps last year, I thought i was going to just eat one a day. Well I didn't eat any at all and 5 mo. later I ended up throwing them away. So I didn't buy any this year cause I won't eat them anyway. I can do this!

Mudpie 03-29-2010 06:55 PM

I'm buying myself flowers instead of candy this Easter.

Dagmar :bunny:

mandalinn82 03-29-2010 06:57 PM

Oh, and the spring flowers are so beautiful! Ranunculus in so many colors! Lilac! Lilies!

calluna 03-29-2010 07:27 PM

I'm up for this!

I got the family some of the cutest little Lindt chocolate bunnies and chickies. Argh! I haven't touched any unplanned sweets for many months,and Easter is a potential disaster...

Asherdoodles87 03-30-2010 01:06 AM

Count me in. I'm not a maintainer. (Still have a long way to go.) But I am definitely not indulging in the Easter candy this year. My dad always buys me an Easter basket filled with candy and eggs. So I have already asked him to please not to. Instead I have planned on getting a new workout outfit. The sweat pants I have been working out in are huge. I can use the draw string to make them tighter but the legs are so baggy it's probably not safe to be on exercise equipment in them.

So, anyway, I am not going to eat Easter candy this year. I will probably go to church etc. but no candy for me. The candy just isn't worth getting off my diet.

Megan1982 03-30-2010 09:19 AM

I'm using the run-roll-dodge technique I perfected last month while avoiding tables of little :devil:s selling thin mint and samosa deliciousness (er, girl scouts) to avoid the Cadbury egg displays at the end of the aisles at CVS. I don't even like Cadbury eggs that much, why do they hold such a draw? Why are egg-shaped snickers so much better tasting? Why are pastel-colored peanut m&m's so much yummier? I've avoided CVS entirely for the past 2 weeks, and will keep it up! I'm not eating sweets anyway right now, but I don't need the extra temptation.

I'm going to my friend's son's 2nd birthday party this Saturday. She has made the theme an Easter egg hunt. I will only eat the real eggs (she has chickens so the eggs are plentiful!), no candy.

Windchime 03-30-2010 09:37 AM

I'm in, but I'm in with a guilty secret. I bought my (adult) son some Easter candy and then I had a stress breakdown and ate it this past weekend. So I will buy him ONE piece of chocolate (because he's not even that crazy about it) and I will have no more Easter candy this year. I took a long, hard look at the Cadbury eggs the other day but did manage to resist buying them. Those things are my downfall.

So....count me in. No jelly beans, no pastel M&M's, no chocolate bunny, no Easter candy of any kind. I will allow myself one small slice of my Mom's cake (white with sticky white icing) for after dinner, and that's it.

MileHighMama 03-30-2010 11:33 AM

Count me in, too. I did this last year on 3FC and it worked like a charm. Even told my family that I had taken a no Easter candy challenge. I could tell they were watching me to see if I would keep to my word. That helped motivate me too because I didn't want to not do what I said I was going to do. My hubby loves jelly beans. I bought him a bag last weekend and helped him scarf it down. That's the end of the candy. No more going forward. I mean it!

Pam