Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #1  
No description available.

Default New Approach to Eating Plan

Hi guys!
I finally got my book shipment from Amazon with the Sissions book and a couple of other diet books. One is really intriguing me.

It's called "The Colour Diet for Ideal Health" and the idea is that we are naturally drawn to certain colors and if we listen to our instincts, we'll be attracted to the foods that are ideal for our body types, and we should exclusively eat foods of the color we are drawn to most.

My favorite color is orange, so I was thinking about all of the orange foods available: carrots, yams, butternut squash, oranges, cheddar, etc., but I am a little concerned about all of the carotene and the potential to turn orange.

My next favorite color is blue. The only blue foods I can think of are blueberries, blue cheese, and raspberry Airheads.

I'm just trying to shake these 10 annoying pounds, so it will be temporary. Do you guys think it is better to have a greater selection and risk an orangish hue, or to stick with blue foods? The Airheads could do a good job fueling my distance runs. And everyone knows blueberries are one of the most important foods on the planet. Blue cheese for protein, and it's a fairly well-rounded plan.

If you're interested, search for "The Colour Diet for Ideal Health" by Dr. Mary Ann Ure.

Last edited by midwife; 04-01-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typo
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #2  
Meg

Spring makes me think GREEN! I've just been strangely attracted to green lately.

So I think my color intuition is to go for moldy foods: Roquefort cheese, that orange lost in the back of the produce drawer, and over-the-hill turkey breast.

Adding mold to one's diet also gives the health benefits of naturally occurring penicillin. Locavores will love heirloom strains of nature's own antibiotics! Right in your own refrigerator!

And I may indeed turn green myself!

Thanks for the heads up, Midwife! Let's start a colored food challenge!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #3  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile

midwife - Not to worry about the orange hue. When my DS was born, he had an orange hue and our midwife put him under a grow light and it cleared right up.

And then he grew like crazy. I recommend it.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #4  

Meg, you're brilliant! I was wondering how "green" people would get their protein! DD was saying she is a green person. I'm sure we have some greenish turkey at the back of the refrigerator!

Bill, I do have access to those lamps....maybe my potential orangeness would be short-lived. I might have to remove some babies from under the lamps, but I'm sure their parents would understand.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #5  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Well, my favorite color is red, and I know what happens when I eat too much watermelon (hellooooo sticking close to the potty!)
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #6  
Mel

I can't decide if you are serious or this is an April Fool's day thread! I actually did turn orange from eating virtually nothing but carrots in one of my highly disordered eating phases in grad school. My palms and feet were VERY orange andthe rest of me just a tinge.

Bill- from my sample size of two, the grow light effect doesn't work in the long run. My daughter was born jaundiced and put under those lights and grew like a weed...all the way to 5'3" where she stopped. My son was a lovely baby pink and needed no lights and grew, and grew, and grew...to 6'3"! We hope that he's stopped.

I'm a green person, so I think I'll just coat my fish and chicken in parsely, sage, rosemary and thyme! Meg can have the moldy stuff!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #7  

Totally April Fool's!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #8  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Totally April Fool's!
Ooooops, this gives me a problem.

When I announced that "I'm going on the Colour Diet for Ideal Health," it happened, as is normal for males, notwithstanding that this might exacerbate some of the male/female dieting prejudices of 3FC, that I dropped two pounds between "I'm going on" and "the Colour Diet for Ideal Health."

Do I have to give them back?
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:02 AM   #9  
Meg

Bill!

I think Midwife has been using her grow lights to grow loco weed in the basement. Just sayin'.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Just found this thread now.

I was really wondering what the heck had gotten into you dear Midwife. Cause' I'm thinking to myself, well orange IS good, but so is yellow and green and red and white (cauliflower). R-E-L-I-E-F!!

Speaking of color.
I made beets for the very first time the other day. It was Wednesday. They were fabulous. I just sliced them thin, didn't even peel them, laid them out on a roasting sheet sprayed with cooking spray, added some sea salt and roasted in the oven. DELICIOUS!!!!

Yesterday my DD told me that her pee was reddish. And then I noticed that mine was pinkish (just shows you who drink more water in this household), and again this morning. And then it FINALLY hit me - THE BEETS. Oh so color-ful. But really, I hadn't a clue that eating beets would change your urine. At least I'm assuming that's what it is. Okay. Going to google it now.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-02-2010 at 08:54 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I love roasted beets too
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #12  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Red and green... let's see... rare roast beef and lots of green beans and salad.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #13  

, Bill! It reminds me of that commercial where the cartoon guy drops weight and the cartoon woman doesn't.

Since my OP sounded rather logical, perhaps I should write an e-book about this diet plan? Hmmmm......It would be unethical I suppose!

Beets, rare roast beef, herb-crusted fish, and green beans sound awesome! I'm starving and ready for breakfast! Yum!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

ALthough it was april fool's, I kept thinking..."those DEEP red peppers, and blueberries, almost excite me!!". BUt no one else but my diet partners would understand that!!

(but red and blue aren't my favorite colors )
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Totally April Fool's!
What a relief. I was totally sucked in at first, though I should have picked up on the pun in the author's name Mary Ann Ure, M. Ann Ure - manure

Awesome.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote