Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #1  

Default Question for maintainers(kinda weird...sorry)

So I'm not a maintainer(yet...I will be one day!) but I have a question for those who have successfully lost and kept off weight. It's about that weird little overhang belly that I HATE so much and I want to be the first thing gone(which of course means it will be the last thing gone. Motivation to continue I guess!). For those of you who had it before you lost weight, how long did it take for it to go away? Just a general idea because I know that all bodies are different. For example, after about 15 pounds I have noticed that it is a little smaller, but I want it all the way gone!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Mine shrunk, but it never went away - the skin in that area had stretched so much that I now have a skin overhang, instead of a fat overhang. Still, you can't see the skin overhang in clothes (and I'd rather have skin than skin and fat!).

Regrettably, it was the LAST place to go on me, and is the FIRST to come back whenever I go off plan.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #3  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same one - but if so, I did get rid of it! and it was an exercise, not diet. I had this weird little "bulge", overhang, whatever on the sides of my stomach over my legs. Looks awful in a swimsuit. Hated it. Never had it before I had my child, even at 190. Know I didn't have it my 150's. And I did this time.

Not the best workout ever, but HipHop Abs, the Ab Sculpt 1, has a piece of the workout that targets that spot, and it's gone!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #4  

Hmmm I'm hoping that sine I'm young I won't have a huge problem with skin overhang. It's just a really annoying little piece of belly fat! Certainly motivates me to get going.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

It shrinks but doesn't go away.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote