3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Chat: Week Of August 31 - September 6 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/180600-maintainers-chat-week-august-31-september-6-a.html)

Jacque9999 09-05-2009 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL (Post 2910055)
Joci - TOM makes me retain water like crazy.... How is your mom doing?

She's chuggin' along...thanks for asking. Yesterday was a tough day as she had PT in the morning which wipes her out and then had to go to the doc for some blood work and flu shot. Then he wanted her to get an ultra sound on her legs....all is good...no blood clots!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megan1982 (Post 2910184)
Just got the word that I'm going scuba diving (this time pure fun, no work involved) on Sunday. Woohoo!

I have always wanted to learn. A few years ago my kids and I were going to but it never happened. But then again, even if I was certified, I have no place to do it in PA in the winter. Maybe I will learn and then next summer I could go somewhere nice to use my new skills :)

EVERYBODY....have a great, successful weekend!!!

traveling michele 09-05-2009 12:55 PM

I'm with you Jacque. I desperately want to scuba dive. I want to learn how to dive and go to Australia and dive off the Great Barrier Reef. Those are on my "bucket list". I also want to try a triathlon so I better get started soon!!

Shannon in ATL 09-05-2009 03:48 PM

I had a friend in college who was a diver and the stories were always so exotic... I would love to try it, too, though I have had some fear of the ocean in the past.I'm pretty much over that I think, and I jumped out of a plane, surely I can handle being underwater...

DH helped his ex with some yardwork this morning, cut down some bushes, tried to pull up others, that kind of thing. Said he felt fine when they stopped, but once he and DSS got here he realized his back hurt pretty bad and is worn out... I hope he doesn't relapse into the cold or flu he has been fighting with... He is upstairs taking a nap - or as much of a nap as you can take with a four year old downstairs banging into everything... He and I just had a discussion about the fact that saying "I'm just going to do it one more time" and doing whatever I told him not to do is still considered not listening and results in getting in trouble. :dizzy:

Got in 8 miles at the park - ran 6.75 in 3.25 & 3.50 mile blocks with walking .5 to warm up, .25 break between & .5 cool down. Best run ever for me - I met a women's running club around mile 5.5 and they clapped and cheered for me every time we crossed paths. Something motivating about people cheering - I never played competitve sports so didn't realize that.

Good day everyone!