3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Fall Clothes Shopping (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/176494-fall-clothes-shopping.html)

paperclippy 07-13-2009 09:00 AM

I like those fall colors! I would prefer slightly richer colors but those colors in general look pretty good on me.

I haven't done any fall shopping -- barely did some summer shopping a couple weeks ago. I did, however, buy a fabric shaver so my fall sweaters that are all pilled up will be wearable again.

alinnell 07-13-2009 10:08 AM

I went shopping at Chico's yesterday and the browns seem to be abundant along with rusts, etc. I have a really hard time thinking about fall clothing at this time of the year--goodness it's well over 105 degrees here! I got a pair of shorts and some half-priced flip-flops. I did try on a lot of capri pants, but didn't like the fit (tight at the bottom, more like peddle pushers than capris, and since I have rather large calves, they were kind of tight and I didn't like that). I also went to Talbots, but meh. Nothing there to inspire me.

Lori Bell 07-13-2009 12:17 PM

What is it with BROWN? This is like the 3rd season it's the hot color for fall. I don't want to look like the UPS guy anymore!. IDK, it's just not a very flattering color on me.

I'm nervous about fall. I have 1 pair of old jeans that fit and that is it! YIKES!

WaterRat 07-13-2009 01:02 PM

:lol: Allison, most of the capris I find have legs that are too wide! They don't work for me with my short legs. Though DH tells me he's never seen anyone look good in capris! I ignore him....

Beyondmyhsjeans 07-13-2009 01:07 PM

Wow I just realized that this site has been up for a long time.

At my weight, I actually hate going shopping, its like a workout in its self.

Thighs Be Gone 07-13-2009 01:07 PM

I like wearing neutrals with a pop of color here or there on my handbag or a scarf, shoes or jewelry that goes with the season. LOL--come to think of it, that's exactly how I decorate too.

Lori Bell 07-13-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterRat (Post 2824965)
:lol: Allison, most of the capris I find have legs that are too wide! They don't work for me with my short legs. Though DH tells me he's never seen anyone look good in capris! I ignore him....

Funny you say that about your DH. My hubby, his father, my brother and 2 brother in laws all had a discussion about Capri's at Christmas. (Don't ask me how the conversation came up??) The general consensus was they all hated the way they look on girls. I knew my dh didn't like them so I only have owned a few pair over the years, but when all the rest of the guys agreed with him, it kind of made me wonder how other men outside my crazy family felt.

I guess the moral of this story is: If you are trying to catch a man, don't chase him in Capri's...:D

Glory87 07-14-2009 03:20 PM

I'm hoping Ann Taylor gets some cuter stuff next season, they were so DREARY this spring (taupe, black, grey, brown and the patterns were smeary).

I'm also tired of wispy thin cardigans. I'm a pretty small person, but I hate a cardigan that emphasizes every roll and bra lump!

WaterRat 07-14-2009 05:02 PM

Hmmm, I have shirts in my closet from all three color palettes. :) So far for fall all I've done is order new black pants from Land's End (in a smaller size!). I just hate how black twill/cotton pants fade no matter how careful I am to wash inside out and not put in the dryer. Grrrr. Same thing with black socks.

Mudpie 07-15-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterRat (Post 2826734)
Hmmm, I have shirts in my closet from all three color palettes. :) So far for fall all I've done is order new black pants from Land's End (in a smaller size!). I just hate how black twill/cotton pants fade no matter how careful I am to wash inside out and not put in the dryer. Grrrr. Same thing with black socks.

I use the special "dark colours" cold water stuff for DH's ahem "fat" wardrobe - all black for the last couple of years. The stuff still fades but it takes much longer to do so.

And capris only look good on tall people because they cut your legs in two. I bought two pairs on a whim a couple of years ago, had them shortened a bit so they hit in the right spot, and left them hanging in my closet. They hid my thighs but didn't do anything else flattering for me.

Dagmar

Glory87 07-15-2009 09:34 AM

I'm 5'7" and I adore capris. I have linen ones in black, neutral, purple, brown and navy blue! My workplace is business casual and they are one of my favorite easy things to wear to work. I hadn't realized I should be grateful for my height - I would miss my capris!

megwini 07-15-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudpie (Post 2827529)
And capris only look good on tall people because they cut your legs in two.

I've heard just the opposite before, actually, that on taller girls capris look funny because it just looks like you bought pants that were too short for you. I guess they just don't look that good on anyone. :lol:

alinnell 07-15-2009 12:11 PM

My MIL can't wear capris, but she buys Bermuda shorts and they're long enough to double as capris for her!!! BTW, I love being tall. I rub it into DH as often as I can (he "claims" to be 5'9" but he's either shrunk or never really got measured correctly. I'm 5'8".)

blueberry3 07-15-2009 02:33 PM

Wow yeah I have still been buying summer clothes...haven't even thought about fall shopping yet! Isn't it a bit early?

losermom 07-23-2009 02:30 PM

Fall shopping? I'm still trying to garner enough of a Summer wardrobe. I still cannot find a skirt or dress. My friends say that I am too picky. I only have 1 pair of brown work pants and 1 pair of blue jeans (both found at garage sales). And the jeans, while super cute and flattering, are a little too short for the fall. Today I'm wearing them with flip-flops, but I'm afraid that they will look like floods with normal shoes. I do have 3 pairs of capris that I have been alternating for work over the summer.

While I do love shopping and trying on clothes because so much more actually fits and looks good on me now, I've become pretty fussy too. I used to pretty much buy whatever fit well, but my standards have gone up. That and it's expensive replacing an entire wardrobe. I think that I'm kinda "shopped out" for now. I have bought quite bit but there is so much more that I need/want? I go back and forth. It seems like I am shopping much more frequently these days...