Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #31  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

NSVs are "non-scale victories"... and those were great!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #32  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

I love this thread. Thanks for the motivation, ladies!

I can't wait to have my own NSV's!
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #33  
Workin' It

Goal - Great NSVs! I have a hard time accepting the compliments, too. I never know how to respond, sometimes I go into too long a story or weight loss discussion, sometimes I'm vague and the person who complimented me feels dismissed or like I don't care that they noticed, then it gets weird for a minute... Strips the excitement, like you said. I'm working on that. I agree with you on buying some summer tops that make you look hot - easier to take the compliment with a 'thanks, I know I'm hot in this top' mindset than if you feel a little blah in your skin, IMO! I need some myself!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Okay - I got one.

Stopped by Ann TAylor's yesterday - had a 30% off coupon. Okay first - most of their clothes are so disapointing this season! They had so much adorable skirts and cardigans last year. Anyhow, I search around trying to find something and found this black, stretchy dress - the only one they had was a size 6.

I try it on - it is possibly the hottest dress I have ever worn. It is completely form fitting with slightly dropped shoulders and that kind of "bandaid fabric" (looks like overlapping 1 inch horizontal strips?). It looked GREAT even without foundation garments.

There I am - me, wearing a totally sexy, form fitting LBD. I look like a sexy hourglass.

It was originally 129.99 down to 79.99 AND I had 30% coupon - YAY. I have no idea where I'm going to wear it - I just want it in my closet.

Last edited by Glory87; 05-03-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #35  

Height: 5'7"

I put away another filled up food journal (notebook) in my storage box today. I counted 13 full journals, dating back to early 2003, and 6 training (exercise) logs also to 2003. Not all, days, weeks, or even months were the best, but that is 6 and a half years of accountability. I'm proud of that.

I need a bigger box!

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #36  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wndranne View Post
I put away another filled up food journal (notebook) in my storage box today. I counted 13 full journals, dating back to early 2003, and 6 training (exercise) logs also to 2003. Not all, days, weeks, or even months were the best, but that is 6 and a half years of accountability. I'm proud of that.

I need a bigger box!
Wow. Just - wow. Mighty, mighty impressive.

Glory, that dress sounds - Glory-ous. Yes, I know I misspelled that. It was intentional.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #37  
No description available.

Ahem....

From my physical exam 11/2007 to now....

My blood pressure dropped from 130s/80s to 100s/low 70s.
My cholesterol dropped 30 points from high to normal. My good numbers are up and my bad numbers are down. My fasting glucose is under 70.
Losing 50 pounds and keeping it off does wonders for one's health.

Skinny jeans are nice. Abs are nice. Looking good is nice.

Having good cholesterol and blood pressure....priceless!

Good health is a gift! One that I choose to keep to the best of my ability.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 152/115-maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I ran 1.5 miles today without walking!

My goal is to get to 3 (at least!) by the end of the summer.
avamarie1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #39  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Midwife, those numbers are spectacular. This proves once again just how worth it this all is.

My NSV. Wow. While at a family function last night, one of my DH's cousins walks in. She looked SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!! Just stunning. Model stunning. I'm a terrible judge at how much someone weighs or has lost, but a conservative estimate would be that she's lost 50 lbs. Anyway, I walk over to her and tell her just how stunning she looks and she said to me, "It was all because of you. You were my inspiration." I can't tell you what her saying/feeling that means to me.

Non - scale - VICK - TORE - E. Big time. Back in the day there was nothing about me that could inspire any one. And now.......... I'm tearing up right now just writing this out.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-08-2009 at 07:18 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #40  
Workin' It

Robin - that is great! It made me tear up a little reading it!

Today I wore jeans that my mom gave me because they didn't fit her right, she bought them at an outlet and couldn't return them. They weren't too big for her in the waist, just too long in the leg as she is 5'4". I haven't been able to share clothes with my mom since junior high...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #41  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Oh Midwife, those numbers are spectacular. This proves once again just how worth it this all is.

My NSV. Wow. While at a family function last night, one of my DH's cousins walks in. She looked SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!! Just stunning. Model stunning. I'm a terrible judge at how much someone weighs or has lost, but a conservative estimate would be that she's lost 50 lbs. Anyway, I walk over to her and tell her just how stunning she looks and she said to me, "It was all because of you. You were my inspiration." I can't tell you what her saying/feeling that means to me.

Non - scale - VICK - TORE - E. Big time. Back in the day there was nothing about me that could inspire any one. And now.......... I'm tearing up right now just writing this out.
... I got goosebumps when I read this post.

Last edited by kittycat40; 05-08-2009 at 07:56 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #42  
No description available.

That's awesome, Robin! I'm sure you have inspired more people than you can imagine---how awesome to see the results in person!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #43  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Robin - *sniff*

How far and wide our actions travel never ceases to amaze me. And, I'm betting your sphere of influence is world wide - so many 3FC draw strength and hope from your posts and your journey!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 231/156/150

Height: 5'8''

loving this thread!

Today I had to revamp my work wardrobe...I spree'd at JC Penney cause they were having a sale. Nearly all my tops were mediums and one set of trousers was a 10. That makes my size 10 trouser count--4. That includes one pair of Levis. I never thought I'd wear a 10. I told myself I'd be happy with 12. I WAS. But now I'm happy with 10!

-- On my cruise, I wore a bikini in public, no shorts or a shirt over it, for the first time ever. Someone made a comment about me that was negative, which is ridiculous, but it wasn't about me being fat. It was about my being so pale (which still isn't nice, but at least its not my fault.) I actually felt good in a bikini!!!

--There is no fat hanging over my bra band in the back. I always had trouble with that, even though I was measured and wore the right size bra.

--I got to go horseback riding in the Bahamas. The weight limit was 200 lbs. If I'd gone before, I wouldn't have been able to sit on the horse.

--I'm getting a promotion at work, a really great one. I don't care what anyone says--I don't think it would have happened if I was still obese. For one thing, fat prejudice is real. But that's not even my point. I would never have given myself the chance to move ahead in my career--I didn't have the courage. I didn't believe in myself, I had no ambition. I didn't give myself enough credit to even think about being a success in business--I never leapt, I only looked and wished. If I hadn't lost the weight, I'd be stuck at 22, stuck as a big kid pressing her nose against the glass, watching the adults live their lives while I kept myself busy "making the best of things." That makes me really, really grateful.
littletortugalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #45  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Okay, I have a couple to report.

1) Saturday morning, I decided to go for a run. I thought to myself, I feel like running 5k today. And I did. No problem.
2) My MIL brought us cookies yesterday. I was afraid of them at first, because I was really hungry all day, and I thought I would surely binge on them. DH asked me if I wanted any cookies because he planned to eat the entire bag. I said, well, give me a bite, because I just can't resist cookies. I took one bite and thought, "These are so not worth the calories," and had no qualms about completely ignoring them. Even if DH hadn't eaten them all I probably would have thrown them out!
3) I served DH's family a full brunch made almost entirely out of "lite" recipes. I didn't feel the slightest bit guilty about doing it, didn't even consider that it might be weird to do that, and nobody even noticed.
4) Sunday morning since we were having company I decided some cleaning up was in order. I cleaned the bathroom counter, cleaned the kitchen counter, windex-ed the bathroom mirror, the sliding glass door to the backyard, and the inside AND outside of all the windows in the living room and library, and I didn't even break a sweat!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote