Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #46  
Chuggin' along...

I just used the tube polenta for the first time (I mean, first time for me to cook with polenta of any form) in Barbara's Tamale pie recipe that is listed in the "our favorite recipes" thread in this forum. It's delicious and a pretty easy recipe!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Wednesday - pretty much identical to Tuesday (I hope)

B - Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey, 6 oz blackberries - about 200 calories

L - made mediterranean salad - romaine, red cabbage, carrot shreddied, 5 sliced kalamata olives, chopped pepperocini, 1 roma tomato, 1/4 of a package of Trader Joe's Tzicki (never can spell that) (70 calories) 1 heated/crumbled spicy black bean veggie burger (100 calories) - 400 for all?

S - orange (100 calories)

S - cocoa (60 calories)

S - string cheese (80 calories)

D - curried chicken Trader Joe's spinach curry sauce (used 2 chicken breasts, should get 3 nights out of it), served over polenta, with steamed sugar snap peas on the side

S - 40 calories of dark chocolate
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #48  
Workin' It

Just discovered that DH had the schedule wrong, no DSS tonight. That puts tonight's dinner into flux...Hmm...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #49  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Amanda, more good thoughts and wishes for you and your family.

I have quite a bit of updating to do. Tuesday ended with sesame chicken and salad, and a huuuuge amount of watermelon-- first of the season- yum
Wednesday
peanuts
bit of french toast (? size, way less than a portion-- but the bites are being accounted for)
broc cheese soup with fresh chopped cilantro (takes it to a whole new level of fabulousness)
cheese stick
salmon, mixed veg with butter/oil (restaurant- yuck, should have asked for it plain) piece of pot roast with gravy
birthday cake
white wine, 2 glasses

today
6 miles
cashews
broc cheese soup
london broil
roasted broc
sweet potato

Last edited by kittycat40; 04-09-2009 at 10:54 AM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #50  
Chuggin' along...

Thursday's plan:
B - 1 cup Fiber One cereal, 1 c. skim milk, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
S - small banana
L - ww tortilla, 2 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 cup smashed black beans, and salsa wrap, 1 c. carrots, 1 c. celery
S - 1 oz. raw pumpkin seeds, 6 oz. light yogurt, large apple,
gym - cardio, cardio, did I say cardio?
post-gym snack - hm protein muffin
D - pork chops, roasted zucchini & yellow squash
Cal goal - 1600

Friday's plan: (cuz I won't be around tomorrow morning to post)
gym early - elliptical and legs workout
B - protein pancake, 1 c. skim milk, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
S - small banana
L - Chicken, Spinach & Ricotta quesadilla, 2 cups raw veggies
S - 1 oz. walnuts, 6 oz. light yogurt, small apple
D - (It's my boyfriend's birthday, so dinner is his choice!) - steak, sauteed onions & mushrooms, mashed potatoes with garlic (that is his choice - I think I will steam some broccoli instead for me)
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #51  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Passover seder wasn't too unhealthy last night. I think I did pretty well. I also ended up skipping yesterday afternoon's yogurt because my lunch filled me up really well. Maybe I should take that as a lesson -- eat more for lunch!

Thursday:
B - matzoh brie (2 matzohs, 1/2 C egg susbtitute, 1/2 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp log cabin lite syrup), half an orange
S - banana
L - sweet potato, 1/2 matzoh with hummus
S - apple, yogurt
D - matzoh, charoses, matzoh ball soup, gefilte fish, brisket, potatoes, tzimmes, two small cookies, half a chocolate matzoh, glass of wine
E - 15 min walk with the dog this morning. No time tonight b/c of seder.

Last edited by paperclippy; 04-10-2009 at 08:54 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #52  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Wow - today was so awesome. A normal day. I wasn't hungry between meals, I ate only what was on plan. Dinner turned out fabulous! I ended up making a curry with some jarred Trader Joe's spinach curry sauce. I added my own garlic and onions and served it over crispy polenta. I only wish I had put the polenta under the broiler a little earlier - so it would have been even crispier!
Glory- how did you get that pic in your post? did you use a program to shrink it?
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Remember stories about my foot (which looks much better now). Here's a photo DH took the day it bruised up with the little red dots on each tendon. Weird bruised foot.

E~not today
B~leftover scrambled eggs in a tortilla
S~grapefruit
L~egg salad on ww bread, carrots, pea pods, 1/2 apple
S~yogurt
D~salad of romaine, chicken, black beans, tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, corn and a little cheese
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #54  
Workin' It

Good morning! Our no-DSS evening turned out okay foodwise - we ended up with ground turkey breast hamburger helper and 100 cal ice cream cups with lite hershey's syrup for evening snack. I did eat the fun sized pack of skittles when I got home, but I planned it in so felt okay about it.

Today:
E: run this afternoon - either at the park or on the treadmill. Might do some yoga before bed.
B: smoothie,
S: pb&j
L: grilled chicken salad
S: kashi go lean
D: spaghetti with red sauce and ground turkey breast
S: skinny dipper
Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #55  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yesterday, i was hyperfocused on making sure everyone was fed and taken care of. Had a decent start at the hotel breakfast buffet, but it degraded into coffee cake and lasagna. And brownies. Though, to be fair, I ate reasonable portions of all except the brownies, and made healthy overtures (veggies in one of the lasagnas, a big salad). It was/is heartbreaking and my self restraint just went into oblivion with brownies.

I'm home today (she's still, as of last night, alive...except not to much coherent, and very obviously ready to move on) and won't go back until Saturday, when we don't anticipate she'll be there. So that's that.

Planning for today:
B - Lite french toast, sliced strawberries.
S - Asian pear, laughing cow
L - Not really sure. Turkey sandwich and a can of soup, maybe?
S - Popcorn
S - Hummus and Turkey Wrap
D - Chicken Skewer, Couscous w/ veggies, Asparagus
S - NSA Ice Cream, Strawberries, Lemon Curd

E - 90 min cardio. I'm kind of mentally exhausted but think it'll do me some good.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #56  
Workin' It

Amanda - I'm so sorry you ad your family are going through this. Whatever you do today take care of yourself - the cardio might do you some good, just be careful not to overdo it.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #57  
Working My Way Back Down

Amanda - Sorry for all you're dealing with.

Kitty - I put thumbnail photos in by uploading them first to Photobucket. It provides the code to insert in your post.

Yesterday turned into a disaster as I got very crampy and nauseous after lunch and spent a good part of the afternoon and evening wondering if I was sick enough to go home. I had a quilt group dinner/get together and debated going. I finally went by the store and got some club soda which really helped settle my stomach. For dinner I ate a small piece of plain chicken (scraped off the sauce) and a small serving of plain rice. Skipped the salad altogether. There was birthday cake, lemon bars and strawberries for dessert. I let them serve me cake, but I ate one bite and played with the rest (no biggie - it was a supermarket cake). By the time I got home about 9:30 I felt much better, and am fine this morning. Weird.

B - Scottish oatmeal, walnuts, raisins, 1% milk; 1/2 eng muffin;
S - 1/2 egg salad sandwich on homemade ww roll
L - lunch meeting, who knows?
S - apple, cottage cheese
D - Up in the air - DH has gone off with a group, not sure when he'll be home. If he's not, I'll have leftovers; if he is, I'll take something out of the freezer.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Glory- how did you get that pic in your post? did you use a program to shrink it?
That's just how 3FC manages images I took the picture with my camera phone, downloaded it to my PC and then used the attachment function to add it to my post (if you go advanced, it's the top line next to the happy face). Click the paperclip, browse to where the file is stored on your PC, upload and post. Ta da!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #59  

Thursday

B - small cup of oatmeal from downstairs, topped with 2 tbs of dried cranberries and some shredded coconut

That breakfast trigged a terrible shaky low blood sugar moment at 11:30. I ate my cheese string slowly and that did the trick. Now, I'm short a snack grrr!

L - made mediterranean salad - romaine, red cabbage, carrot shreddied, 5 sliced kalamata olives, chopped pepperocini, 1 roma tomato, 1/4 of a package of Trader Joe's Tzicki (never can spell that) (70 calories) 1 heated/crumbled spicy black bean veggie burger (100 calories) - 400 for all?

S - orange (100 calories)

S - cocoa (60 calories)

D - Update - went to Chipotles. saved my extra snack until after dinner, because I love the fro yo place next to Chipotle. I got a very small fat free chocolate topped with crushed waffle cone.

Last edited by Glory87; 04-09-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:48 AM   #60  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I am letting my emotions get the best of me. Not, you know, out of hand, just no interest in food prep so I'm grabbing easy things...bag of pita chips instead of getting my pear, bowl of cereal instead of my afternoon turkey wrap. It definitely wasn't has healthy. And maybe a fingerful or two of frosting when I was making it (there's a family gathering on Saturday. I am, as always, in charge of cake). On the plus side, I went into my "manic" stage of grief, where I clean and exercise compulsively. Cue the extra hour on my step, followed by scrubbing my kitchen and bathroom from top to bottom on my knees.

Planning for tomorrow:
B - Lt Bread/Egg Beater French Toast
S - Muscle Milk/Frozen Strawberry/Almond Milk Shake
L - Leftovers - Chicken skewer, WW couscous with veggies, asparagus
S - Greek yogurt, strawberries
S - Popcorn
D - Turkey breast burger with laughing cow and caramelized onions, side salad
S - NSA Ice Cream, Strawberries, Lemon Curd

E - 60 min cardio, 60 min strength intervals
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote