Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #46  
Workin' It

Wednesday came in over on food. I added in a fun size pack of skittles, a nugget and several fries from Chick Fil-A, 1/2 serving of Special K Chocolatey Delight (before I left work), a Mallomar, two dark chocolate dipped altoids and a Kashi Apple Bar before bed because I was starving and the sugar had worn off. I came in around 2050, target of 1900-1950. In reading back over that list it is no wonder that my teeth felt like they had a sugary coating last night...

Today:
Exercise - either yoga when I get home or an off day. I'm a little sore still, am trying to decide if that is from no exercise so far today or too much yesterday. I don't think the rain will let up for a run tonight like I had planned originally.

B: smoothie, coffee
S: maybe pb&j, may save for afternoon
L: grilled chicken salad
S: pb&j if I didn't eat it in the AM, trail mix otherwise
D: pasta with red sauce and ground turkey breast
S: skinny cow dipper
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #47  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Glory, that's great that you get to keep your job! DH's office is doing a "rank and yank" and he's hoping he won't be in the bottom 10%.

No workout yesterday. My knees were aching so I was afraid to run, but today I'm going to call my doc for another thyroid test since before it's been the cause of my knee pain.

Thursday:
B - raisin bran, strawberries, milk
S - apple
L - rice and leftover ground turkey stir fry
S - banana, wasa cracker w/wedge of laughing cow lite garlic & herb, 2 sticks of gum
D - Amy's frozen mattar paneer meal, leftover chicken and pasta
S - sugar-free pudding cup
E - 2.25 mile interval run

Last edited by paperclippy; 04-03-2009 at 09:04 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My foot continues to slowly get better. I should investigate how damage to a nerve heals (or if it does at all--perhaps I'll always have some weirdness going on now).

B~2 hard boiled eggs
S~carrots & pea pods if I'm hungry
L~egg salad sandwich, carrots & pea pods, apple
S~Greek yogurt
D~who knows. The in-laws have invited us to their favorite dive bar/karaoke place and the food there frankly stinks.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #49  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yesterday, I went about 150 calories over on hungry-munchies (Sarah was REALLY late getting home from work, so dinner wasn't until 9 or so...i was hungry but should have planned for that ahead of time). Scale was still down, though. Good scale, good scale!

I have my mom's cold/sore throat. I'm going to start some exercise but see where it goes and not push myself if it's too much, because I'm kind of achy and would prefer NOT to get REALLY sick by overdoing.

B - French toast w/ light bread and eggbeaters, strawberries
S - Asian Pear w/ Laughing Cow
L - Leftovers - chicken fajitas, whole wheat tortillas, ff sour cream, olives, lots of veggies
S - Popcorn
S - Greek yogurt and strawberries
D - Roasted pork tenderloin, whole wheat couscous w/ a few sauteed veggies and some fresh basil, swiss chard
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 60-80 min cardio, depending. If cardio bombs out due to impending throat-doom, I may try for some yoga, just to get movement in.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #50  
Workin' It

Glory - I started my post before yours came up, I'm glad you aren't in the layoff batch! That is good news! And, I like the phrase 'metric asston of housework' - sounds like a lot!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #51  
one bite at a time

S/C/G: 180/134/123

Height: 5' 3.75"

Good Morning!

I stayed OP yesterday & drank my water. I did eat my tastey little WW Ice cream bar last night but no other snacks, and the scale grudgingly gave up half a lb this morning, so - although nutritionally the ice cream bar isn't the best choice, it makes me happy so I'm keeping in my routine.

e: I'm not feeling so sore today and taking it easy yesterday, which is nice. I did the CardioMax this morning, plus some additional stretching and back/core work.

b: same-1/2 eng muffin w/turkey sausage
s: was just thinking about a yogurt w/bran crunchies
l: spinach salad w/chicken, mand. oranges, parm, almonds, and raz vinagrette dressing
s: dark choc square and 100 pack of something crunchy
d: we have small group/Bible study at our house on Thursday nights, and it's starting early tonight b/c the sr. pastor is coming to make some sort of anouncement/presentation, so it's going to have to be quick, but we had Taco Time yesterday (1 crunchy chicken light taco - didn't even touch the mexi-fries!) so I don't really want to do fast food. I'll think of something.
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #52  

In review~yes Glory that is great news that you survived the layoff! These tough economic times are really hard and it is so much easier when you don't have the stress of losing your job.

I must admit I didn't stay OP yesterday. 4 words: Reese's Peanut Butter egg. (just one, but still)
Old 04-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #53  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I must admit I didn't stay OP yesterday. 4 words: Reese's Peanut Butter egg. (just one, but still)
I haven't gone to CVS in two weeks (usually I go at least once a week) because last time I was there they had put the Cadbury Creme eggs by the register. I don't think I could handle it!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #54  
Workin' It

Allison - I have a bag of the smaller Reese's Peanut Butter eggs in my freezer - 85 cals per egg, I believe. I almost made it out of the store without them last week but had to go back... they are one of my top three favorite candy items ever...
Old 04-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #55  

Megan~I've never liked those Cadbury eggs, so no problem for me.

Shannon~I saw a package of the smaller ones, but knowing me, I'd then eat two. I bought 2 packages of the larger ones--mainly because DS was with me at the store. We debated--him saying I didn't NEED to buy them, but my OFFERING to buy them (for him). I picked up two and he said, "gosh Mom, you're so unfair." And I'm like, "why? Because I didn't buy three?" He does things like this to me--it's really quite funny. Today I have to go to the book store to buy him the final three Janet Evanovich novels. He really, really likes her (he's 14).
Old 04-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #56  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I made it through 30 min of cardio before my body said "no more". I have to ride my bike to the library later, and may try again to do something this afternoon if I'm feeling more alive.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #57  
slow and steady

Mmmm, Reese's peanut butter eggs. Man. You know, I can resist 99% of Easter candy, except for Cadbury Cream Eggs. I'm so glad that nowadays they sell them individually instead of just in four-packs though. I buy exactly one egg per year. Yum!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #58  
Workin' It

I don't do well with the big Cadbury cream eggs, messy, too much sugar at once, almost too sweet by the time I'm done, but the mini cream eggs are a perfect size for me... Problem is, they sell them in a six pack which usually means I eat all six... More calorie filled then if I just bought one of the big ones and dealt with the sugar bomb!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #59  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
My foot continues to slowly get better. I should investigate how damage to a nerve heals (or if it does at all--perhaps I'll always have some weirdness going on now).
Alison, you need to talk to Lily. I remember about a year ago she dropped something on her foot and it seems like it was kind of like what you describe.

Glory - glad to hear you survived the layoff. Our City Manager has stated publicly that no one will be laid off. We'll see. I sure that first they would stop filling vacant positions.

Cadbury cream or peanut butter eggs - I had two of the middle sized ones when they were first put out - but now I avoid the end of the aisle they're on.

DH got home last night - yay!

B - hot rice cereal with walnuts, blueberries, skim milk; ww toast;
S - ff latte
L - turkey, 2% cheese on ww; small bag of baked chips
S - cottage cheese, cantalope
D - turkey brat, baked beans, cabbage salad
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #60  
slow and steady

I have a confession to make. I ate two dinners yesterday. I had dinner, then I was still hungry, so I took leftovers out of the fridge and ate that too, except it really was an entire second meal. Came in at 1818 cals for the day. Too high for weight loss. I need to whip myself into shape!

Friday:
B - raisin bran, milk
S - banana
L - half smoked turkey sandwich, salad, piece of baguette
S - wasa cracker, laughing cow light cheese, yogurt
D - three Dr. Praeger's spinach pancakes, 1C mashed purple potatoes
E - 90 min walk

Last edited by paperclippy; 04-06-2009 at 09:06 AM.