No Excuses! Maintainers Food and Exercise Accountability - 3/9-3/15

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • Hello Maintainers!

I am going to be SORE tomorrow from a very productive weekend...I've built my raised vegetable beds, planted my first seeds (carrots, radishes, chard, and mixed lettuces) and some herb transplants in a gorgeous new pot on my patio (mint, thyme, and chives to start...more later). It was a TON of labor to get the beds in place, dig out the lawn where they were to sit, build in the grids (I'm using the Square Foot Gardening method), etc. So I'm beat!

Weekend was OP except a drink on Saturday night. Food was spot on, though.

Planning for tomorrow:

B - Greek yogurt w/ almond milk, strawberries (smoothie), Orange
    S - Asian pear w/ Laughing Cow
    L - Leftover Mexican Beef and Bean Bake
    S - WW Low Carb Tortilla, hummus, turkey breast (wrap)
    S - Muscle Milk lite
    D - Roasted Veggies w/ ground chicken, light pasta, red sauce
    S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 40 min Tae Bo, 40 min BL Cardio, maybe something else if I can fit it in.
  • Amanda - the garden sounds great! I'm jealous! Now that I own my own house and yard I need to get off my behind and do some gardening of my own...

This weekend was fine exercise and food wise. There was a slice of DSS's birthday cake with a 100 cal ice cream cup on Sunday. I wasn't invited to the birthday party Saturday (at mom's house... drama drama drama) so I was darn sure I was going to eat a slice of cake with him at our house on Sunday... I planned it into my calories for the day and didn't really go over. My HRM said I burned 1023 cals between my run and my weight training on Saturday anyway - anger over the party situation really led to enthusiastic exercise, so less guilt over cake.

Today -
    Exercise - 60 mins of cardio hips/buns/thighs yoga this AM, planning a run on the way home

B: Smoothie, i hate the first week of daylight savings time...
    S: yogurt
    L: grilled chicken salad, apple
    S: kashi go lean
    D: dunno... probably browned ground turkey breast over rice with some veggies
    S: 100 cal ice cream cup with a little low sugar hershey's syrup on it
  • Amanda, sounds like a great gardening weekend! I've got to get some soil in my beds too, ASAP, but don't feel as behind since I've already started seedlings in my little seeds starters.

Monday: (edited Tuesday to reflect what I actually ate)
    B - protein pancake w/ apple butter, 1 c. skim milk, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
    S - small banana
    L - Thai Tofu & noodles (Clean eating mag recipe)
    Snacks - 1 oz. raw almonds, 6 oz. light yogurt, orange
    gym - elliptical, legs
    snack - 1 c. skim milk, small apple
    walked ~3 miles to my friends house to pick up my bike, biked home.
    D - leftover turkey meatballs and pasta
    Total cal: 1900... All clean but a little on the high end. I'm serious about cutting it down to around 1600! I'm becoming a chublet!
  • I'm extremely tired today. I purposely did not take my Advil PM last night because I was afraid that with the time change I'd have a difficult time getting up to do my exercise. So, of course, something woke me up at 2 AM and I never got back to sleep. So that generally means I'm extra hungry once I do get up. You'll see what I mean when you see my food today.

E~30 mins treadmill, 2.5 miles
    B~TJ's Greek yogurt with honey (omg, 300 calories?!?!), ww English muffin with jam (who was it that said jam is too sweet now? Lily, I think, and she was right!)
    S~plum
    L~salad with feta, almonds and dried cherries with balsamic vinaigrette, apple, yogurt (the 70 calorie Activia)
    S~grapefruit
    D~probably orange chicken over rice with vegetables and perhaps an egg roll
  • Attempt to catch up for the weekend....

Saturday:
    B - raisin bran, milk
    S - tangerine
    L - dim sum, I couldn't keep track of what exactly I ate, but I was pretty full at the end of it
    D - small plate of leftover thai food
    S - strawberry donut, half a bavarian cream donut, half a raisin buttermilk donut
    Exercise - biked 8 miles, ran 1.5, walked around all afternoon

Sunday:
    B - special K yogurt cereal, milk
    S - tangerine
    L - turkey/chicken on white bread w/1 slice provolone, 2 hard boiled egg whites, 1 tangerine, 1 Kashi cereal bar
    S - tangerine
    D - @restaurant, sea bass w/lemon butter sauce, side of veggies, side of corn, for dessert bread pudding and chocolate cake, plus a beer
    Exercise - hiked all day long
  • Monday:
    B - special k stuff mixed with fiber one, milk, strawberries
    L - one slice of pizza (the frozen kind), salad w/italian dressing
    S - slice of cooking light banana bread
    D - breaded, fried turkey cutlets, cranberry sauce, glazed carrots, broccoflower
    S - slice of cooking light banana bread
    E - none really
  • Trying to get used to the time change here. I was good about getting up "early" (on time by the clock ) today. Tomorrow AM I'm supposed to meet the gym manager who's training us for the competition and the other female lifter at 6:30 AM, so I've gotta get up reeeeally early. Yikes!

Allison, I hope you got more rest last night.

Tuesday's plan:
    B - protein pancake w/ apple butter, 1 c. skim milk, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
    S - small banana
    L - Thai Tofu & noodles (Clean eating mag recipe), carrots & celery
    Snacks - 1 oz. raw walnuts, 6 oz. light yogurt, small apple
    Still trying to make trips to get truckloads of soil today - couldn't borrow a truck yesterday - so workout will be unloading soil/compost and then to the gym for abs and running/cardio if I can.
    D - Hoisin Chicken over a big salad. If I can't get to the store for chicken, a Lean Cuisine and a big salad.
  • Hi all! Up early for a meeting...not sure they'll need me, so I'm sitting here at 6am on standby, debating on whether to do a cardio video in the interim.

Yesterday was not so great...had a run in with some frosting (was making cupcakes for Sarah's coworker). I will say, though, that 2-3 tbsp of frosting is better than what normally happens when I make cupcakes...and I did not sample a single one, just the frosting component. Still, it was real sugar, so my body had a water-retention panic attack.

B - Orange, Strawberry Smoothie (Almond milk, strawberries, greek yogurt)
    S - Asian pear w/ Laughing Cow
    L - Leftover FiberGourmet Pasta, Roasted Veggies, Ground Chicken, Tomato Sauce
    S - Turkey and Hummus Wrap on WW LC Tortilla
    S - Muscle Milk Lite
    D - Roasted Pork Tenderloin, WW Couscous w/ roasted vegetables, roasted asparagus
    S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

And lots and lots of water to flush out the extra I am carrying.

E - 60-80 min exercise video - going to explore the onDemand and try something new, 65 min strength intervals.
  • Good morning -
    I ended up having a baked sweet potato with dinner and a Kashi Oatmeal Cookie before bed in addition to my other planned foods yesterday so came in at 190 over my target of 1900 - I was planning on moving up to 2000 this week, I'll just start a little earlier than I planned... I did run after work and did some yoga yesterday morning, which burned 952 cals according to my HRM so I figure it was a wash.

I have had only one piece of taffy in 6 days!

Today:
    Exercise: 65 minutes of strength training (swiss ball abs, weider total body routine, some dumbell arm work, two sets of tabata exercises, some boxing for cardio) DONE! I am going to beat the time change!

B: smoothie (no banana, so I'm not liking it much...),
    L: salad from somewhere - doctor's appt with MIL at 11:15
    S: Kashi Go Lean
    D: hamburger helper with ground turkey breast
    S: ice cream cup or oatmeal cookie
  • OP yesterday except I added a cookie for dessert.

E~2.5 miles on treadmill (30 mins)
    B~3 egg whites with red pepper, red onion, 2 T cheese and salsa
    S~apple
    L~salad, tangelo
    S~yogurt
    D~egg mcmuffins, melon, hash browns.
  • I ended up with a different lunch than the one I planned - whole wheat pita from My Friend's Place with roasted turkey, broccoli and mozzarella cheese. No idea how many calories but yummy! I don't think it was too bad - I left off the 1000 island sauce and it was only half of a pita...
  • I met the trainer Tim and the other woman entering the competition at 6:30 this morning, but decided to get there at 6:00 to do my cardio first. Tim put us through something he calls "tricep death". It now hurts to lift my shampoo bottle (not in an injury type of pain - but seriously sore!). Tomorrow we're meeting at the same time to do deadlift training. This is kind of neat getting trained by a trainer!

Wednesday's plan:
    pre-AM-workout - 1/2 small banana
    Gym early - 40 min. elliptical, 45 minutes of benchpress and tricep training
    B - protein pancake, 1 c. skim milk, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h, 1/2 small banana
    S - 1 oz. raw pumpkin seeds
    L - Thai Tofu & noodles (Clean eating mag recipe), carrots & celery
    Snacks - 6 oz. light yogurt, 2 kiwis, have extra hm protein muffin if needed.
    Hopefully unload a last load of compost onto the garden...
  • Hi ladies

I'm new around this thread and still in a hazy spot between seriously losing and figuring out maintaining. So I'm still pretty low on cals and working my way up (i guess?). But I am ALL about the planning and was reading through this thread and thought I would post what I've been eating and doing (suggestions/advice welcome).

Tue:
    b- 1C fiber one mixed with yogurt
    l- homeade sushi california roll, no mayo
    s- kashi grain crackers with bruschetta, basil, fresh mozz and 1oz pistachios
    d- lentils with turkey sausage and veggies over brown rice
    s- kashi bar
    about 1500 cals
    e- 30 day shred and shopping and the mall with the little girls

Plan for Wed:
    b- veggie, black bean, cheese omelet
    l- tomato, turkey, mozzarella, pesto grilled sandwich with carrots and apple
    s- 1oz nuts
    d- chicken tortilla soup, pita chips w/ guac and salsa, NSA fruit bar
    s- chocolate vita top and veggie crackers (not simultaneously)

e- the shred again and 10 min abs on demand
  • Corazonas - welcome! I've been here for six months and still don't have my calories exactly right, either... still learning from everyone here myself! I'm moving up to 1950 this week, going to see what happens! Good luck to you!

I changed my snack last night - had a chocolate vita top, chocolate milk. I also had some peanuts while I was cooking so came in right at the 1950 I was shooting for. I was low at evening snack time so threw the milk in as a quick boost that wasn't as heavy as another food item...

Today:
    B: smoothie,
    S: trail mix - cashews, cranberries, almonds
    L: either a grilled chicken salad or another of the turkey and broccoli pita that I had yesterday, yogurt
    S: Kashi Go Lean
    S: chocolate milk with protein powder after run
    D: two options - turkey sausage over rice with veggies if DH is eating with me, take out salad from probably Chick Fil-A if I'm solo (DH is in a wedding this weekend and he and the groom need to make a music playlist for the rehearsal and put it on an iPod for play... last night they have to do it...)
    S: Kashi Oatmeal Cookie

Exercise: couldn't get up for yoga this morning... DST finally caught me... Planning a run after work.
  • E~30 minutes treadmill (2.34 miles--kicked up my speed!)
    B~ham and egg burrito, some rice
    S~apple (if I'm hungry)
    L~salad, tangelo
    S~apple (only if I didn't eat it in the morning)
    D~fish tacos