Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Okay, moving on to my second on plan day.

B - Trader Joe's low fat Greek yogurt, about 3/4 cup wild blueberries (they were frozen, I defrosted them)

L - big salad with leafy greens, pomegranate seeds, chicken, a few pumpkin seeds, shredded red cabbage, carrot shreddies, a few crunchy onions and Trader Joe's fat free balasalmic vinaigrette

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - mango

S - string cheese, mini dill pickles

D - small steak, baked sweet potato, steamed brussel sprouts

Workout - 3 miles on the treadmill, 275 calories burned
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:27 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'5"

So far I've been POP with exercise, but not doing so hot with the eating. not bad, but not super either. I made chicken parmesan - w/ no breading, just a little bit of cheese and lots of marinara sauce - last night (tuesday) and I really liked it. I thought I didn't really like chicken but apparently I really like it when it's fixed certain ways. But then today, I had the leftovers for dinner, ad I heated the chicken up in the microwave too long and so it got rubbery and nasty. So, I guess I learned my lesson; don't just stick the chicken in the microwave and forget about it! Today, I went 400-500 calories over maintenance, and it was all just mindless eating. So tomorrow, I will do better!

B and L: same as previous days
D: Crock pot lasagna
Exercise: walking, step aerobics
MadelineinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:31 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 130/123/115

Height: 5'5"

Oh, and mandalinn, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. But good for you for channeling your sadness into exercise.
MadelineinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:46 AM   #34  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My body gave out today. I don't know if I am overtired, have the flu, or have food poisoning, but my stomach started being problematic around 3, and everything started hurting at 5. Now I can barely lift my head....sooo hard. I skipped my afternoon snacks for sure.

I am hoping to feel better tomorrow. In the meantime, my wife was nice enough to make me some amazing chicken noodle soup for dinner. No grains is out the window, as I've been eating crackers slowly to keep my stomach on-track.

I have a plan for tomorrow that gets me back on track, but if I'm not feeling better, it's subject to change. Exercise particularly is up in the air...I could be anywhere from "want to die" to "feeling fine" when I wake up.

PS, I ramble when I'm sick

Here's the not-feeling-like-death plan:
B - Egg whites, turkey bacon, veggies, and an orange
S - Deli turkey w/ pickle, laughing cow
L - Leftover chicken noodle soup
S - Apple, yogurt
S - Veggies and hummus
D - The plan for tonight, moved out...turkey meatloaf, brussels sprouts, salad.
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - We'll see. I'd like to get my regular cardio in.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:43 AM   #35  

Hey - feel better!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:45 AM   #36  

Thursday

B - Trader Joe's low fat Greek yogurt, 6 oz package of fresh blackberries (on sale!)

L - big salad with leafy greens, pomegranate seeds, chicken, a few pumpkin seeds, shredded red cabbage, carrot shreddies, a few crunchy onions and Trader Joe's fat free balasalmic vinaigrette

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - string cheese, mini dill pickles

D - I am making lamb with apricot curry in the crockpot. I'm going to serve it over quinoa with some steamed green beans on the side.

Treadmill - oh yes, it will happen.

Either I gained weight last week while I was sick or I'm still ridiculously bloated. My stomach is out to THERE (holds hand out in front of body like three feet). Ugh. The sexy brown skirt that fit the week before I got sick - no longer fits. It's like 2 steps forward, 1 step back and only 13 days to go!!! Grrrr.

Last edited by Glory87; 02-05-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:40 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Today....about 30 minutes on the bike will be coming this afternoon...

B - 1 rice cake with 1 tbsp peanut butter
S - 1 Yoplait light blueberry yogurt
L - Malt-O-Meal hot cereal with 1 tbsp peanut butter
S - 1 small apple and 1 cup of cubed cantaloupe
D - whole wheat Spaghetti with sauce, garlic toast, salad and actually going to skip dessert. Spaghetti is one of my favorite meals EVER, so I'm allowing calories for actual food.

I'm going to attempt to make meatballs, as well, rather than mix the meat ground up in the sauce. That way I can control what I eat, as far as the meat goes....
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #38  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Amanda, I hope you feel better soon!

B - oat bran, raisins, milk, little bit of brown sugar
S - apple
L - leftover coconut lentil soup
S - banana, yogurt
D - I seriously am going to make my quinoa recipe tonight. No, really. Edit - I did!!
S - slice of ww bread
Total - 1318
Exercise - mish-mash at the gym. 5 mins elliptical, 5 mins rowing machine, 1 set lat pull-downs, 1 set assisted dips, 1 set assisted pull-ups, 1 set squats, ran a lap on the track, crunches, planks, supermans, 5 mins on the stair climber

Last edited by paperclippy; 02-06-2009 at 10:55 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #39  
Workin' It

Amanda - hope you feel better!
Glory - It is probably leftover bloating from being sick. Cold meds always do it to me... I bet it will resolve itself before suit time.

I completely missed posting yesterday I think - I did exercise for 30 minutes on the elliptical. Made it the entire time, I was proud! I kept my heart rate a little lower than I normally do, around 140-150. I'm still a little nervous about raising my blood pressure too high - some places say I'm okay after two weeks, some say three. Food could have been better - I had only 765 calories up to dinner and my HRM said I burned 265 of them, so I was at 500ish net. Then, we took my MIL to Red Lobster for her birthday - my sensible side salad and half serving of wood fire grilled fish with broccoli got completely washed away by dessert... So today, back on track. My mother's birthday party is Saturday and I already know it will be lasagna and cake so I have to get ready.

Today:
Exercise - 30 minutes on elliptical
B: Smoothie, coffee
S: string cheese
L: Grilled chicken sandwich no mayo
S: Kashi Go Lean
S: Apple
D: spaghetti with ground turkey breast in red sauce I think
S: kashi dark chocolate oatmeal cookie, unless I go home and compare lot numbers and find that they are part of the peanut recall... if so, then graham cracker or vanilla wafers
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gosh, I hope you all don't get me sick! First Glory, not Amanda. Let's not spread any internet germs! Feel better, okay?

E~30 min treadmill, back to a butt kicking hill climb, foot is back to almost 100%
B~egg white mcmuffin
S~grapefruit
L~WW pasta primavera, apple
S~yogurt
D~either a big salad with chicken or ravioli with broccoli
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #41  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Let's not spread any internet germs! Feel better, okay?
Allison! I have enough real germs to worry about. One sick from my employees; 4 at City Hall (we go there; they come here - germs and all). I'd have go quarantine myself if I start feeling sick. DH is leaving Sat night for a 16 day vacation, the first part of which is hiking in Death Valley. He'd be mighty angry if I gave him anything.

B - cheerios, walnuts, blueberries, skim milk; ww toast;
S - ff latte
L - low cal wrap with ff refried beans, lettuce, roasted red peppers, avocado
S - cottage cheese with strawberries. Yesterday's cc was sour - ewww - even though I'd just bought it on Monday I picked up some more this morning. Luckily yesterday I was eating it with a fresh pear, cut in chunks, and I could take them out and eat.
D - depends. If the snow holds off, I'm out for dinner with 2 GFs. If it snows, it's home for leftovers.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #42  
Moderating Mama

Protein is still not sitting well, but I'm OK with carbs today, and actually hungry, so the whole "no grain" thing is being set aside for the day. I'm OP calorie-wise, and I got my exercise in, though. Being sick always makes me crave sweets, so I'm going to make myself some sugar free popsicles to suck on.

I am going to venture outside of the house, though, to buy some new exercise stuff (clothes, a new Swiss ball, a few bands, etc) because it is on sale and my tax return came in. Also, I am coming to accept the fact that I am in my gym clothes multiple hours of every day, and therefore I can buy myself something a bit more comfortable than a t-shirt that came free with a video game and is 2 sizes too big. I realized how excited I was to buy workout stuff, and then I realized how WEIRD it was that buying fitness equipment was exciting, and how REALLY weird it was that I want to be feeling good tomorrow so I can use it!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #43  
No description available.

I heard California was withholding tax returns, so I'm glad they didn't. Hope you feel better soon, Amanda!

Guess you could have meant federal!

Last edited by midwife; 02-05-2009 at 08:02 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Gosh, I hope you all don't get me sick! First Glory, not Amanda. Let's not spread any internet germs! Feel better, okay?
No more net kissies

I was thinking about getting some new workout gear too! I only have 2 pairs of pants. I might feel more motivated to go if I feel, you know...pretty. Before the sweat and the heavy breathing and the pain.

I ran for 12 minutes today and then started getting the stupid blister on my right foot. Walking feels better with that sore spot, so I cranked the incline and walked at 4.2MPH and 5 incline for the rest of the workout. I didn't feel like I had accomplished as MUCH but I burned almost as many calories as yesterday and my foot is okay.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #45  
Moderating Mama

Glory - have you looked at Engos?

http://www.goengo.com/how_it_works_instructions.aspx

I have heard good things about them for blister prevention.