Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Default Its been a long time

...but I am back.

We had a death in the family last year so I kind of let down my guard last year. All in all it wasn't too bad I had maintained at about 145 for most of the year with out doing much of anything. I had pretty good habits...until...

...this holiday season where I think I put on 10 lbs in 2 weeks and so with the big red flag waiving in my face I have returned tail firmly placed between legs.

Food so far is back to the ol egg white (with one yolk) type breakfast. I have discovered tuna is not so bad with low fat yogurt which will be lunch and I have got to go shopping soon. Yesterday I boiled a big pan of potatoes thinking I was going to make samosas, then I stepped on the scale, had a minor panic attack and decided to mash them and leave them for the kids and dh. I have not touched a single one. I mean one potato wouldn't be so bad but maybe we can work that in in a month or two. First things first.

I just did a kickboxing workout on netflix and am so totally going to get back to my weights. I know exactly what to do I just have to do it.

So hi again...long time no see. You all have been doing so well.

BTW...I am actually down two pounds from yesterday but I don't think that's a real loss so I split the difference and gave myself one pound off just for good luck.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back hikerchick! We're all (well, mostly all) trying to get off a few (or more) holiday pounds.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #3  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!! I'm here for post-holidays-trimming-up, too...like alinnell said, it seems to be a common theme around here right now. Good luck!!
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

I too feel the post-holiday pain! I gained roughly about 4 lbs but when you're a shorty like me, you immediately feel it. Can you say muffin top???

Trying to get back under my red-line weight of 120 or under. Well, it is called maintenence, not perfection!

Here's to all who need to lose a few to get back to their "happy" weight!
Salute!
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote