Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, WTH? Not fair I tell you!

And I'm all about lace, too. But I've never found a pair of boy shorts that I like. Thongs are nice--no panty lines. My daughter bought some very boy short looking boy shorts which she loves, but imagine my husband's surprise when he did the laundry! No one knew who they belonged to until we asked her! It was pretty funny.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I can't stand thongs. Boy shorts? I do have a pair of those. They're pretty cute come to think of it. I haven't worn them in ages.

Okay, so now, I've got the desire for a whole new slew of undies. I've done SOOO much shopping lately, did lots more today. I hit Loehamans and did quite well, but panties were not on the list. So, I guess I've got to PUT them there - on the list, that is. They are a bit pricey though. I like Glory's idea of adding in a couple every month.

Allison, I would have found it even funnier had my husband done the laundry in the first place. Nevermind not knowing who the boyshorts belonged to.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #18  

Robin~for years my husband has chosen to do the laundry (he calls himself Hop-Sing from Bonanza!!). He decided on that because it's something he can do while watching all his weekend sports--he just has to get up every once in a while to switch loads or to bring in a load to fold. That way I had time to get out of the house and run errands or just lie in the living room and read! I like the set-up!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:15 AM   #19  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Tonight was not so great...lets just say Sarah was baking cupcakes, and I may have deviated into frosting-land. Only ate one cupcake, though, which for me, is actually a victory (sad).

Tomorrow - birthday. I'm trying to strike a good balance. So my food will be OP except dessert and a celebratory martini. I DO want to have a plan, so I go into this eyes open.

B - I got to choose...I picked Bobs Red Mill Whole Grain Buckwheat Pancakes with blueberry sauce and bacon. And it gets served to me in bed with coffee! Score! Cals are not that bad, actually, and its fiber and protein-rich.
S - Apple
L - Leftover - flank steak salad w/ lots of veggies, croutons, etc.
S - Popcorn
S - Yogurt
D - We're going out for Thai. My plan is my favorite...Chicken Pepper Stirfry. I'm going to eat a cup or so of brown rice. There may be appetizers - if so, I'll get satay. And I'm having a birthday martini!
S - Cupcake

E -
30 min "bonus" strength or yoga
55 min elliptical
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Amanda, Happy Birthday!! And enjoy that martini. I have to work tomorrow, so this is a day early. And congratulations on making a plan for a "special day". I believe we do need to celebrate special days, without going totally over board with food.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #21  
No description available.

Happy Birthday Amanda! Have a wonderful day!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #22  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Tonight was not so great...lets just say Sarah was baking cupcakes, and I may have deviated into frosting-land. Only ate one cupcake, though, which for me, is actually a victory (sad).
I don't think it's sad - this is how "normal" people eat, right? You had one cupcake, enjoyed it, and then stopped. This is something that I wish I could do, but I still struggle - when I eat treats, my brain still says "If one was good, wouldn't another be better?" I think eating one cupcake is a victory, and not at all a sad one.

Amanda, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Boy shorts just don't sit right on my booty - someone suggested them to me to avoid panty lines, but they just give me a wedgie. So I switched to thongs to avoid VPL, and bikinis the rest of the time. But I have mostly utilitarian stuff - due to my limited budget.

Yesterday I wasn't in front of the computer at all to post, but was so busy with work I actually ended up under calories with my food plan and logging 9 miles (5 running 4 walking) on the treadmill at the gym - the best workout for my heart I've done in a while!

Wednesday: (edited)
B - ww mini bagel, 1 T. lt cream cheese, 1 oz. lox, 1 c. sk milk, coffee w/ 1 T h&h
S - sm banana
L - Curried Chicken & Brown Rice salad, 1 c. carrots & 1 c. celery
S - 6 oz. ff yogurt, med. pear, 1/2 oz. raw almonds
gym - legs strength training workout - 45 min., elliptical 30 min.
post-gym - hm protein muffin
D - Pita pizza made w/ ww pita, spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, steamed green beans
Dessert - sf jello
additional snack - 1 oz. salted peanuts
Total for day: 1630

Last edited by Megan1982; 10-09-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #23  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I hope you have a PHENOMENAL day Amanda. PHENOMENAL!!!! And may the year ahead of you be your best one yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982 View Post
I don't think it's sad - this is how "normal" people eat, right? You had one cupcake, enjoyed it, and then stopped. This is something that I wish I could do, but I still struggle - when I eat treats, my brain still says "If one was good, wouldn't another be better?" I think eating one cupcake is a victory, and not at all a sad one.
And I totally agree with Megan here. You've mentioned many times how cupcakes are really a "thing" for you. Stopping at one is most certainly a victory.

I too struggle when I eat treats. But I am seeing some improvement - for now. I know that it can change at any minute. I managed to get away with just 4 bites of cake the other night. Of course the cake wasn't in my home, which made it easier to escape. I try really, really hard to never eat "cake type" treats in my own home for this very reason. It may be sad, but that's just the way it has to be for me. Very important for me to do any of my "splurging" outside of my house.

Allison, sounds like you've got a good thing going there with the laundry!

Yesterday was POP for me - and I finally noticed a drop in the pants-o-meter. I've been avoiding the scale for now. A little game I'm playing with myself. Not sticking my head in the sand by any means, but I'm trying to hold out weighing myself til my pants are just the way I remember them when I was at my lightest weight. Not my red line, my lowest weight. I'm a good 5- 7 lbs away.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-08-2008 at 09:21 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #24  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Amanda, Hap-Hap-Happy Birthday!!

Megan, I agree one cupcake IS a victory and not sad at all

Midwife, I read your oatmeal tips on the last thread. Thanks, they seem do-able. You know I did consider putting PB in it (I've seen that on 3fc) but the oatmeal itself was such a risk for me that I didn't want to push it.

I had an off-plan day on Sunday and then pulled myself up on Monday and Tuesday for 2 POPs. The scale rewarded me. I'm looking forward to another OP day today.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #25  
Moderating Mama

I just don't like the PREVIOUS lack of self control that makes ONE cupcake a really good night. Although a standard cupcake (not the ginormous bakery ones, or the ones piled high with frosting) is really only 160 cals or so, not that far off from my standard/normal dessert.

Breakfast was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend the Bob's Red Mill Buckwheat pancake mix...it's whole grain and TASTY, particularly with some blueberries.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #26  

Happy Birthday Amanda!!!

Megan~I don't spend a lot on my undies--I buy all of them at Target!!! I got 4 lacy thongs a few weeks ago for less than $20.

B~egg white omelet
S~nuts
L~South Beach Kung Pao Chicken frozen entree (comes without rice!), tangelo
S~Activia yogurt
D~hmmmm. I'll have to think about that!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #27  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy birthday Amanda!!!! Just one cupcake is a good day for me too.

Wednesday's plan:
B - muesli (double portion), milk
S - apple, shredded oats cereal (no milk)
L - leftover wild rice w/roasted squash, carrots, and potato
S - yogurt, broccoli
D - cabbage and noodles
Exercise - 30 min dog wog c25k w4d2

Last edited by paperclippy; 10-09-2008 at 08:45 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

How weird, just yesterday I had an incredible out of the blue cupcake craving - I now know it came from Amanda!!! Happy birthday!!

Wednesday

B - non fat greek yogurt, 1 big tbs raw honey, sliced strawberries

L - big salad - green leaf lettuce, 1/2 a serving of low fat cheddar (40 calories), grape tomatoes, carrot shreddies, red onion, grilled chicken (100 calories), BBQ sauce for dressing (I dunno, I kinda slopped it on today - 100 calories?)

S - plum (huge plum)

S - string cheese (60 calories), container of mini pickles

D - I'm making homemade pasta sauce with ground turkey, mushrooms, 3 cans of tomato, tomato paste, splash of red wine, red onion, sun dried tomato, served over 2 oz of whole wheat penne
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:32 AM   #29  
Moderating Mama

Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes! I've had my fun (delicious, delicious fun...though exactly on with my plan for the day, which is a nice feeling, even if that plan was more lenient than it might otherwise be) and now we're right back onto plan.

B - French toast w/ pumpkin butter
S - Apple
L - Open Face Tuna Melt on Light Bread w/ reduced fat cheddar
S - Popcorn
S - Yogurt
D - Tofu stirfry with tons of veggies, brown rice
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 60 min elliptical
60 min strength

Last edited by mandalinn82; 10-09-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:49 AM   #30  
Chuggin' along...

Almost POP yesterday. Dinner got switched around to another OP meal, and I was starving so I had an oz. of peanuts. Another busy day for me today.

Thursday's plan:
B - ww mini bagel, 1 T. lt cream cheese, 1 oz. lox, 1 c. sk milk, coffee w/ 1 T h&h
S - sm banana
L - Curried Chicken & Brown Rice salad, 1 c. carrots & 1 c. celery
S - 6 oz. ff yogurt, med. pear, 1/2 oz. raw almonds
gym - upper bodystrength training workout, running?
post-gym if needed - string cheese, small apple
D - Spinach & Cranberry stuffed chicken breast, steamed green beans
Dessert - sf jello
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote