Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #1  
Workin' It

Default Be careful what you wish for...

In the four weeks since I met my official goal I have lost 4.5 more pounds... I upped my calories by 200-250 per day three weeks ago, and actually decreased my exercise a little over the last two weeks and still lost another pound this week.

First I couldn't figure out the calorie and exercise balance to lose the weight, now I'm having a hard time finding the calorie and exercise balance to make it stop.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I'd like to have that problem!

OTOH, I can see why it owuld be annoying, too. But congrats on reaching your goal. I'm still several months away!!!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #3  
Workin' It

It is a problem I didn't expect to have... I have a friend who told me to stop whining and be happy... Then, I have my mom who says I'm wasting away...
Old 09-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You'll get it. It just will take some time for you to adjust to what your body needs
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Honestly I'm kind of hoping this happens to me a bit. I've set my goal to what I feel is a high weight. I weighed 135 in college and was .. not fat, but a little too curvy for my taste then. So I'm hoping when I hit goal, my body will continue to want to drop a bit and stablize somewhere in the mid 120s.

If it doesn't, I won't be unhappy - 130 would be a dream come true. But 120 would be amazing.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #6  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

this happened to me. I was so hard core, losing weight so fast the first time I was losing that I actually kept losing weight for a few weeks after I reached my goal. I was really frightened actually. Eventually it evened out, but it was weird.
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dang. Never happened to me. I get to goal and immediately turn and go the other way.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9"

You know, I'd kill to be in your shoes.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

Although 122 lbs at my height, and my huge bones. I think I'd look like a skeleton!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
In the four weeks since I met my official goal I have lost 4.5 more pounds... I upped my calories by 200-250 per day three weeks ago, and actually decreased my exercise a little over the last two weeks and still lost another pound this week.

First I couldn't figure out the calorie and exercise balance to lose the weight, now I'm having a hard time finding the calorie and exercise balance to make it stop.
Okay. Now this is one issue I've got absolutely ZERO experience with. Zero. I went under my target weight once, way back when. By about a lb and a half. It lasted exactly one day.

I suppose the thing to do would be to add in another 100 calories or so and see how that goes. Yay for you for more food!!

I've no doubt, just like you figured out what calorie and exercise balance you needed to lose with, you'll find the right mix to "maintain" with as well.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

I also have this "problem" (if you can call it a problem lol -- most people just roll their eyes at me).

My goal was 125, and much to my surprise and delight I keep losing weight. I think I'm finally stabilizing.... But the most annoying thing is that I bought clothes at 125 that are too big now.

You will eventually stabilize. You can't lose weight forever. So just keep doing what you're doing and see where you end up.
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #12  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

Same here-- I started taking it a bit easier when I hit 120, and I am still losing. I'm sorta thrilled, but also a little concerned. It's so opposite from anything I'm used to or experienced with. Since puberty I've been above 125, I believe!
mariarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:46 AM   #13  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Heck - maybe I should call 140 my goal and start maintaining and see what happens. Seriously, I had been considering it for a while - I have been bouncing between 139 and 141 for over 2 weeks now - can't seem to get down below it.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #14  
Workin' It

I seem to be holding the 122.5 so far this week, so maybe this week will stay stable!

Thanks for the responses guys! I'm glad to see it isn't just me that this has happened to!

Robsia - Oddly, I find that now that I have a higher calorie goal and have made the switch to maintaining I have a hard time eating enough calories during the day, I often have chocolate milk and a snack in the evenings to make up the gap. When I had a lower goal I quite often wanted to eat too many cals during the day and was tight, and sometimes hungry, in the evenings. You may find the same thing if you raise your calories some.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #15  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'm interested in your experience with this. I'm currently under my goal by just a tad, but I'd actually like to go lower (now that I'm here I realize I could stand to lose more) so I plan on continuing to do exactly what I'm doing and see what weight I finally stabilize at. It would be lovely not to have to lower calories or really change anything and lose more.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote