Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #1  
No description available.

Default No Excuses---Food & Exercise Accountability 9/1-9/8

Happy Monday, Happy Labor Day, & Happy September! A year ago on Sept 28th I started this most recent weight loss journey so this month is very meaningful to me. Let's have a great, on plan, excuse-free week!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #2  

Today:
oatmeal with protein powder, raspberries, pnb
low carb yogurt with raspberries
ham and laughing cow sandwich, tomatoes from the garden
cottage cheese with raspberries, walnuts & honey
protein (tilapia?) & veggies
protein shake

exercise: running
Old 09-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Midwife, congrats on your upcoming one year anniversary. I know just how meaningful it is to you. I've said many, many times, that the START of my journey is the most important date to me. Even more so then hitting "goal" or a maintenance anniversary. And I'm seeing a lucious raspberry theme in your plan. Enjoy!!!

Like I've posted in the maintaniners' chat, I had a wonderful on plan weekend. We were at a friends house Saturday night and after hanging out for a while, the only thing I ate there is a couple of bites of my friends homemade low fat/no sugar muffins (I'll post the recipe eventually, they were quite good) everyone decided to go to the diner to eat even further. Grrr. All right, I didn't panic (much). As they all gobbled down cheeseburgers, fries, cokes and dessert, imcluding cheesecake, I ate a fruit cup and had a cup of hot tea. The fruit cup was excellent as was the tea and I was thrilled with myself.

Next day. We wound up being at the beach longer then we planned and wound up going out for dinner. Yikes. Almost panicked again - but no. I ate a wonderful dish of Salmon and steamed veggies in a wine sauce - no oil. It was excellent and I remained on plan.

Looking forward to another on plan day/week. Here's hoping anyway.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:13 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

Monday, was POP food wise, but could have been better on the exercise front. Spent the day at the beach. And didn't get in much activity other then putting on sunscreen. Oh well.

Have a great Tuesday everyone. Or shoud I say - anyone? Really, anyone here????? Helllooooo.......... Hopefully you were all busy having a fabulous Labor Day weekend.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #5  

Ooooh, the beach! I am so jealous!

I was not POP yesterday. I had 2 slices fresh sourdough bread with real butter and homemade raspberry jam. But all the water weight/spike from my 2 binge days last week is GONE, so whatever.

Today:

eggs, beans, red chile, bit of cheese
protein shake & raspberries
turkey sandwich, carrots
cottage cheese, raspberries (hey, we picked 6 pints worth!), honey, walnuts
roasted asparagus and some sort of protein
protein shake (I have a hard time getting this one in, but I really need to try)

Exercise: run (done), 1 hr with personal trainer

Last edited by midwife; 09-02-2008 at 08:36 AM. Reason: because I ate more than one bean, but wrote "bean"
Old 09-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yesterday for the holiday was okay for me. I probably went over in the calorie department, but it was pretty healthy and nothing that I'm sorry about.

Today:
B~leftover rice
S~clementine
L~Italian sausage soup
S~yogurt
D~steaks, green beans and small baked potato
Gym~over an hour! DS has two Karate classes at 45 minutes each so I have plenty of time!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #7  
Chuggin' along...

midwife, what a wonderful anniversary you have coming up! Congrats!

Robin, awesome job staying OP!!!

Has anyone noticed the new Fitday being much, much SLOWER than the old one? Mine has been moving at a snail's pace since the new fitday appeared, especially when populating my custom foods list.

The holiday weekend was fairly good for me. Even though we had tropical storm conditions for the second weekend in a row (Gustav), I'm glad I didn't let myself fall into the sitting on the couch and eating whatever trap I fell into last weekend for TS Fay. I'm not saying I was an angel but I was much better.

Tuesday's plan:
B - 1 slice hm oat/ww/flax bread, 1 T. lt cream cheese, 1 T. hm jelly, 1 c. sk milk, coffee
staff meeting - trying not to let this get me off on a bad foot - 1 c. mixed raw fruit, 2 blueberry pancakes (Bisquick mix type), 1 slice Entemann's cheese danish - now why did I eat that crap?
L - Moroccan Grilled Chicken w/ Bulgur & Cherry Salad, 1 c. carrots & 1 c. celery, 1/4 c. Garlicky Ricotta & Spinach dip
S - 1 c. figs, 6 oz. lt. yogurt
gym - legs heavy, some cardio
Post-gym - hm protein muffin
D - leftover turkey burger on whole wheat bun, corn on the cob, asparagus
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I have, amazingly, been POP while away from 3fc the last few days even though some crazy things have been going on at home. I do think having exercise as a habit really helps.

My goal for the upcoming week is to continue POP, in particular not to get into the booze even if we are hit with the succession of 3 storms that are currently looking possible for us (Hanna, Ike, and ironically, Josephine!)

NO BOOZE for me. I repeat, NO BOOZE.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #9  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Okay, I finally got my food from the weekend tallied up, and it wasn't so bad. I did have one day at 2159 cals, but all the other days were under 1600.

Tuesday's plan:
B - muesli, milk
S - banana, ghetto cafe mocha (sf hot cocoa mix & decaf coffee)
L - amy's enchilada bowl
S - asian pear, peach, lf yogurt, two slices cinnamon raisin bread
D - rice, pinto bean skillet, corn
Exercise - none
Total - 1660 (14.1/16.5/69.4 fat/protein/carb)

Last edited by paperclippy; 09-03-2008 at 09:42 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Weekend (particularly Friday) was off. Very off. I have no excuse for it. It was mostly healthy stuff (again, except Friday), but just too much. I brought it back OP yesterday and am doing OK today, but have another challenge (Sarah's Birthday) tomorrow. And that means cake and frosting and, typically, dreaded BLTs.

I'm also having intermittent computer issues, so may not be around for the next day or so as I work them out.

Today, though:

B - English muffin w/ light cheese, canadian bacon
L - Leftover WW spaghetti w/ extra lean ground beef, veggies, tomato sauce.
S - Popcorn
S - Greek yogurt w/ peach
D - Roast Turkey Breast, Steamed Broccoli, Lentil Pilaf
S - Cupcake (at least I'm planning for it...)

Exercise today is done:
55 min elliptical
65 min strength
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #11  
Working My Way Back Down

Weekend was amazingly pretty good. Made it through the movies without any snacks! :lol

Today should be the same

b - oatmeal with 1% milk, raisins, walnuts; 1/2 ww bagel w/ whipped cream cheese; cantalope
l - left over chicken, rice
s - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, mandarin oranges
d - penne casserole, with 7% hamburger, tomatoes, peppers, spinach; cauliflower

Exercise: elliptical
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:19 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

My Tuesday was excellent. Really felt back in the "grove" again, as staying on plan felt fairly easy.

Only trouble is - I'm planning a big ole' surprise birthday party this Saturday night for my DH. He's turning 50!. Yes, I married an older man. I'm 44, at least for a couple more months anyway.

This is ALWAYS my downfall. I'm doing all the cooking/baking myself. The menu has lots and lots of healthy things - salmon, veggies, roasted sweet potatoes, enormous fruit salad - and lots and lots of not so healthy things - pasta with pesto, stuffed shells (one of my all time favs), various breads, blackout cake and strawberry shortcake.

Obviously my plan is to stick to the healthy stuff - but I know me and the best laid plans seem to fly out the window when I'm doing the cooking/baking myself. Excuses, excuses, excuses

Have a great Wednesday everyone.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #13  

Good luck with all that cooking, Robin. I'm sure everything will be delicious. I'm pretty astonished. I am down to my all time low this morning. After last week's 2 day binge, I thought it would be awhile. I mean, this weight is like a blip on my radar. I usually hover 2-3 pounds above it. My body is so weird. Maybe there is something to that calorie cycling after all!

Today:
low carb yogurt, pb&j sandwich
protein shake, raspberries
turkey sandwich, carrots, olives
cottage cheese, berries, honey (where the heck did I put my walnuts?)
protein & veggies

exercise:
1 hr with personal trainer
I pulled my hamstring so I am making myself not run today.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #14  
Chuggin' along...

Robin, I'm glad you're back in the groove! I've managed to make brownies and cookies from scratch without so much as a single lick a few times - not every time I've done it - but going in with a good mindset helps me. And I chew gum. It actually helps me follow through, b/c every time I'm about to take a lick, I stop b/c I would have to take the gum out to do so, and I don't. Also I've found pre-emptive healthy eating to keep from getting too hungry is key. Good luck!

I ate too much last night. After dinner I was still hungry so I had some pita bread with hummus...then a granola bar...and I only had 3 squares of dark chocolate left so I ate those too... yeah, it was one of those. I ended up at around 2250 calories. Not terrible considering I worked out but it was certainly much more than the "losing" range of 1600-1700 I'm (still) shooting for.

Today I've started my day in a cranky mood (BF is being stupid and I'm very tired), and I'm trying to keep that from translating into stress eating. My co-worker coming back from her native New Hampshire and bringing us all lobster for the lobster boil. I'm very tired today, and I already know this weekend will be extremely tough, so I'm trying to be as POP as I can until Saturday afternoon, when there will be lots of alcohol in my life. I'm trying to put into perspective that really my life is quite good.

Wednesday's plan:
B - B - 1 slice hm oat/ww/flax bread, 1 T. lt cream cheese, 1 T. hm jelly, 1 c. sk milk, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
S - 1 c. blueberries
L - Moroccan Grilled Chicken w/ Bulgur & Cherry Salad, 1 c. carrots & 1 c. celery, 1/4 c. Garlicky Ricotta & Spinach dip
S - 1 c. cherries, 6 oz. lt. yogurt, 1 oz. raw walnuts (eat after gym to stave of dinner hunger?)
gym - back, lets go for as much cardio as possible before I have to leave for the lobster boil!
D - lobster boil! - lobster, melted butter, corn bread with molasses, corn on the cob

Last edited by Megan1982; 09-03-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #15  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Wednesday's plan:
B - oatmeal squares, milk
S - banana
L - rice, pinto bean skillet
S - peach, lf yogurt, asian pear
D - green beans, pasta with chard, beet greens, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, sauce, parmesan, glass of wine
S - watermelon
Total - 1851 (8.6/13.4/74.1/3.9 fat/protein/carb/alcohol)
Exercise - c25k wk 1

Last edited by paperclippy; 09-04-2008 at 11:53 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote