Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #46  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all,

Barbara, Awsome car!! A well deserved reward for 3 years! And you look so trim and fit in the picture. I agree, you should make that your avitar

Megan, Hope your day gets better. a good BIG cup of coffee usually puts me in a better mood.

Lisa, the heat makes me grumpy too. DH was as happy as i was when we finally got airconditioning.

Mitchelle, I was sad when my son left home. My DH was devistated!

Dagmar, Good decision, skipping the chocolate! Talked yourself right into it!!

Eeryone, make it a good day, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #47  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Barbara, you and your car look great! You look totally fit. I agree that you look way younger in those pics than in your avatar.

Megan - time sure flies, doesn't it?

I missed my class because of an impromptu meeting at work yesterday. Then when I got home, there were big storm clouds coming in! So I hustled to get going on my wog , so that I could get home before it started raining. I almost made it, but right when I got to the last jog segment it started pouring! My poor dog loves to swim but does not enjoy being rained on -- when I finished that last jog section and got to the cooldown he didn't want to stop running! I unhooked his leash and let him run the rest of the way home to hide under the front porch overhang, while I got soaked in my cooldown (we were only a block away from home). I'm glad I hurried out the door to do my workout because if I had waited until it started raining, I probably wouldn't have gone at all. It's good that it rained though, we really needed it.

I skipped my UBWO yesterday since my wrist was bugging me, but I did it this morning instead! I'm very proud of myself. Everything is really so much better when I am getting regular exercise. I have more fun, I eat better, I feel better . . . I'm so glad that my knees are okay with this. Plus, just one more week and I'll move up to the 4-lb weight for my arms! Once I manage to make it to the 5-lb weight, I'm going to start adding sets instead of just increasing the weight, since I know I need to work on endurance. I'm also thinking about adding in LBWO to help make sure my muscles strengthen evenly around my knees, but I don't want to overdo it. Aqua aerobics starts Monday!

Can you tell I am about getting exercise?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #48  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Barbara, awesome car. I want a convertible too. Enjoy it, you definitely deserve it.

It is actually cold here. I've been wearing jeans and long sleeve shirts the last few days. Of course, it has rained now for 3 days straight.

I am having a plumber come out today and replace 4 faucets while DH is at work for the week. I bought the new faucets 6 months ago and was still waiting for DH to fix them, but it didn't happen. I don't really care if DH thinks it's a waste of money, he'll get over it, LOL.

I just learned that we have another grandbaby on the way. SD # 2 is 10 weeks pregnant with baby #2. She is the one that is an excellent mother, so I'm very happy for her and her DH.

I am currently working on our Will. Making an attempt to be responsible. Also trying to avoid the inevitable. Since DH's XW says that if anything ever happens to him that she will sue me and get All insurance monies for her and her kids! Hopefully my attorney will help me get an Iron Clad Will.

I have an appt. tomorrow in OK City with my Hepatologist. I pray that everything is OK.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Beautiful car, Barbara! I'd love a convertible, too, but I have in mind a BMW 650, if only I had $100k to spend on a car LOL!!!

Eating was fine yesterday, on track all day, but did give into the wine temptation at dinner. I am pleased that I stopped at two 7 oz glasses--I still have over half the bottle left!

Really not much going on here. DD tried to call yesterday while I was at the gym (I leave my phone in the car) and she didn't leave a message. I called her back and left a message and she never called or wrote back. I hate when she does that!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #50  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning all. Yesterday well all to he$$ at work. Morning started out okay, but then I went to the Chamber of Commerce lunch (your standard rubber chicken affair) to hear our senior US Senator speak. It was worthwhile, but the meeting lasted 2 hours. Came back and had only 30-40 minutes until I had to go sit on an interview panel, which instead of 90 min - 2 hours, last 3 hours, plus another half to discuss candidates. Yikes! They were good and all knew how to interview (this is a higher level mid-management job). But I didn't get out til after 5:30, and then since I was actually parked in their lot, I tried to zip into WW and get weighed. Ha! They were obviously way down in numbers last week as they only had one receptionist (you get to have the number of receptionists you needed the week before; next week they'll have 3) so it took me 1/2 hour to just get weighed. Ah well, I'm within 0.2 lbs of where I've been most of the summer, so I'll take it. DH and I had leftovers for dinner and then went to a friend's house and picked raspberries. (THey're out of town, and it's a shame for the berries to go to waste)

Now I'm back at work, and actually getting something done!

Barbara - I love, love, love your car! It's what I've always wanted if I lived where I didn't deal with snow. I've been drooling over a Toyota Highlander Hybrid of late, but like Allison, I don't have an extra $40K hanging around for a car. As it is I'm very happy with my 04 Honda CRV. It handles snow well.

Lily - hoping your doc's visit goes well. Smart to get a plumber in. You'll be happy that your new faucets are in, and DH will be happy (later) that you're off his back about it.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #51  
Mel

I finally made it through the thread!

Bargoo- You are in my thoughts. have you told your family?

Barbara- I that car! And you look like a fantastic ad for it; sunny, slim, and fit! Congratulations I did laugh at your punishment, though. We just bought a Civic (our third) and I adore it after driving a clunky gas guzzling SUV for 3 years. Of course, it's all souped up with a manual transmission, sunroof, leather and great sound system, so I pretend and drive it like a maniac.

Anne- Hang in there!

Lily- Fingers crossed for your appointment with your hepatologist. I worked on our wills last spring and got that done, but have to admit that our Living Wills and Medical Power of Attorney are still sitting on my kitchen island not filled out. I need to do some facing reality also.

Jessica- I swore I'd never have kids I raised my two youngest brothers and felt I'd already done child rearing. Hahaha, at some point the bio clock started ticking and I now have a 26 yr old and an almost 18 yr old.

Pat- You certainly are hobnobbing with the big names! And if you average the HOURS of sunshine, I bet you could justify a convertible and a pickup truck

Michelle- I was sad when dd left home, and still get sad when she leaves after a visit. I think I'll be jumping for joy when ds goes away (if he ever does). Love him, but in small doses.

Hello to everyone else

I'm hanging in there, just trying to eat clean and fit into my clothes and not actually kill myself in the gym!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Bargoo, I'm so sorry to hear your news. You're in my thoughts.

Beautiful car, Barbara! What fun you're going to have driving that little beauty around.

Lily, you might consider a living revocable trust. It avoids probate and there's a pour over clause to you should your DH die first. When I read that one of your SD's was pregnant, I thought, oh, no--glad you mentioned she's the one that's the excellent mother.

Allison, that's a shame about missing DDs call. Makes you wonder all the more what she's doing! Your mention of wine made me realize I was going to have a glass tonight.

Yum, yum on the raspberries, Pat. Can you grow blueberries in Alaska?

Hi, Mel--hope the gym went well.

After 8 days of working on our yard in preparation for moving (we're renting the house out), we're almost done. Unfortunately, we got into some poison oak so I have it near my nose (must have scratched my nose), on the inside of my arm where there are dime-sized blisters and a new patch popped up on my left leg just this afternoon. I swear I wasn't even near poison oak, but I guess the condition of my skin says otherwise.

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday!

Last edited by Sheila53; 09-04-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #53  
Meg

Oh Sheila, poison oak (and ivy) are the worst! I hope you're done breaking out and no new patches pop up. If the oil is still on your skin, you can spread it to different parts of your body, so shower well! DD got poison ivy on her legs and before she realized it, she shaved her legs and spread it to her underarms when she shaved there next. You could see perfect swaths of poison ivy where she had shaved. Hope it clears up soon!

Bargoo, I'm late but am so sorry for your bad news. We're always here for you so feel free to lean on us in any way that we can help.

Barbara, a car is the perfect weight loss accessory! Forget clothes, jewelry, scarves, purses -- clearly a car is the way to accessorize a new body! And that car was absolutely made for you. How fun!

Congrats on maintaining, Pat. I'm a big fan of it myself.

Lily, I'll be thinking of you today with your doctor's appointment. You must feel so proud now whenever you see your doctors, knowing how far you've come and how much you've improved your health. Congratulations on the grandbaby on the way!

Wow, Jessica, you're making amazing progress with all your exercise! I'm struggling along using NO weight for most of my exercises, so I know how cool is it to actually move up a pound. Do you think it's helping your wrists? And I've lost track (sorry!) -- how's your thyroid now? Is your dose regulated or still being tweaked? After several years of being stable, mine has been reduced twice recently and we're back in that test every six weeks cycle. I've been freezing cold a lot lately, so think my dose may be too low now. What a rollercoaster, eh?

Robin, on fitting in your skinny jeans! I'm afraid to try mine on (plus my legs are swollen) but sooner or later I'm going to have to face the music. Skinny jeans -- the ultimate test!! It sounds like you're really been back in the groove lately.

Dagmar, I'm so sorry to hear about the stress your dad's move is causing you. It's really hard not to dive into comfort food at times like this! Come here and vent all you want -- fewer calories than eating.

Lisa, it's so good to have you back again! We missed you. How are your health problems -- getting any better?

Oh Anne! When I read your post, I wanted to hop a plane to AZ and give you a much-needed break. DS is going to be fine and you're a wonderful mother. My knees send their regards to yours and urge you to take it easy on running until it's better. Have you tried biking to see if that works for you? Or am I completely insane to even suggest the idea of biking right now?

to everyone else ... I'm running out of steam here so please forgive me for not personally saying hi to everyone. I read everything that's posted and mentally am sending good vibes even if I don't get the thoughts typed out.

Recovery is going well ... I finally was unstapled on Wednesday and got permission for baths and showers, so of course the first thing I did was to come home and run a bath in our deep, whirlpool tub. It was heavenly but I should have given some thought to getting OUT before I got in! Whoops! Fortunately, upper body strength paid off again and I was able to haul myself out using arm power and not have to wait, all wrinkly and embarrassed, for DH to come home and rescue me. I also don't have to use a walker or cane any longer since I'm walking so well and I'm allowed to drive, but DH and I are going to test the new knees out this weekend in the high school parking lot first to make sure I can do emergency stops if necessary.

Today I transition from home physical therapy to outpatient and I'm really excited about moving into the next phase of recovery. The home PT told me that my recovery is a few weeks ahead of most knee replacement patients, even ones who only did one knee, so

My biggest problem right now is finding a comfortable position to sleep in and the best I've come up with is the living room couch. I have stacks of pillows, a blanket, my laptop, and books, and make a nest for myself there at night. That way I don't disturb DH when I only can sleep for a little bit at a time. And the cats think it's pretty cool, kind of like a big cat bed that we all can share. But things are getting better every day.

No big plans for the weekend here (other than trying driving). We desperately need rain but so far the aftereffects of Hanna aren't supposed to reach us. How about all of you -- any exciting weekend plans? Is anyone in the hurricanes' paths?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:13 AM   #54  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Thanks everyone, for the compliments on my car! I really love it! Everytime I drive it, I think "wow, what a fabulous car!" I just love everything about it--the way it handles, the responsiveness, the retractable hard top, the sound system, the six-speed manual trans (shifts like a dream), heck, even the suspension is significantly better than my old Civic's (I never in a million years dreamed I'd be able to notice a difference in the suspension). Today I learned how to load six discs in the CD player at once!

It is interesting that a bunch of you think I look younger in the pics. I'm the same weight I was in my avatar (I'm just wearing a looser shirt) and a year and a half older. I suspect that the difference is that the Miata pics were taken with my camera phone, whereas the avatar pic was taken with a 35mm, so it is probably a much higher quality photo. Low quality="softer" focus=younger looking. Or maybe I just look better in black with a convertible next to me!

Sheila53: Poison oak!

Mel: My Civic was also a manual and had a moonroof, but the sound system ! I blew out the speakers in the first six months (I guess I sometimes have my music a little loud) and then for the next six and half years had to deal with that fuzzy, vibrating sound in the bass. I swear, it would do it even when I was listening to talk radio!

WaterRat:
Fresh picked raspberries. I am so jealous! And I sure as heck don't have 40K to spend on a car either! My Miata was quite a bit cheaper than that. When I lived in Chicago, I really wanted a Jeep because I figured there was no way it would ever get stuck. It took me a while to get out of the mindset after I moved to CA.

alinnell: Yeah, those BMW convertibles are way cute (and they have a backseat--my Miata is strictly a two-seater), but $100K is way outside my price range as well (and I hate to think what the insurance would be on a car that expensive).

lilybelle: Smart move on the plumbing! I've done stuff like that when my SO was out of town. Sometimes it's the only way to get that stuff taken care of. Congrats on the new grandbaby!

paperclippy:
Running in the rain is definitely dedication. I think I would have been right there cowering under the overhang with the dog! I'm glad you are able to exercise again and enjoying it!

the slim me:
Thanks! That's a good idea about making one of the new pics my avatar. I'll have to get on that.

joyofsix: It's hard to exercise in heat like that. I can't run in 98 degree weather. That temperature calls for a swim or an air-conditioned gym.

Michelle: You'll get back on track. We all sometimes have trouble getting back on track. You've done so well this summer with all your trips, I'm sure you get back to plan soon. You're just going through a lot of stuff right now.

Dagmar: Great job on resisting the chocolate! And thanks for the compliments!

Robin: Thanks! I've seen your pics and you're a pretty skinny little thing yourself.

Megan: Sorry you had a tough day yesterday (and a bad hair day on top of everything else ). I hope things are better today. It's my three year anniversary of my life changes, but only two years of maintenance (it took a year to get to my current weight--I'm slow at weight loss). I try to base my rewards around things I can control (eating and exercise) rather than the scale, since it is sometimes fickle.

Thanks, Wardhog, Midwife, and Bargoo (Bargoo, again, I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I can't remember your situation but I hope you have family and friends to support you through this.)
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #55  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, More rain here last night and the sky is grey this morning, so probably more rain today. My lawn will love it, me, not so much...

Jessica, I can't say I LOVE exercise, I just LOVE the way it makes me feel and look. And, like you, I sleep so much better. I've always had a hard time sleeping, so that is such an added bonus! Can you see the defination that Lifting is making in your arms already? Now that is a real bonus too!!

Lilly, DH will get over you having the faucets put in. And he will probably be happy about it even if he does a little grumbling. He wouldn't have put if off so long if it was a job he didn't dread. I'm glad you're getting a will made. Just reminds me that mine needs to be updated. Hope everything goes Ok with the Dr. appointment.

Allison, I'm sure DD will call back soon. She's probably really busy with classes right now. But we do worry, don't we? That's our right as mom's!

Pat, Hope today isn't as busy for you, although yesterday sounds pretty interesting. Congratulations on maintaining the weight this summer! do you think it's easier to lose/maaintain in the summer or winter? I'm turning green with all this talk of fresh rasberry's. Wish I could grown them!

Mel, I'm like you, just hanging in. So far so good.

Shelia, Oh no!! poison ivy! YUCK!! I haven't gotten it in years, but still remember remember the times i did. It growns everywhere down south. Even knowing what to watch out for, we still managed to get it occasionally. My sister got it this year too, and had to go to emergency for steroids.

Meg, You've made remarkable progress, and i have no doubt it was because you were so fit before surgery. Good luck with driving.

Barbara, I've got to get my picture taken with a hot car, even if I am driving a Buick SUV. makes you look younger and thinner. Think that might work for me?

make it a good day, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #56  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Barbara, a car is the perfect weight loss accessory! Forget clothes, jewelry, scarves, purses -- clearly a car is the way to accessorize a new body!
I sense an expensive new twist to the seasonal shopping threads in this forum. New clothes? eh. New car?

My bad hair day only last one day, thank goodness. Also BF stopped being stupid and after profuse apologies asked me how he could make it up to me. He's now in charge of relocating my raised bed gardens to my new house, filling them with compost, and installing a drip hose system. He looked sort of pained when I told him that's the only way he could make it up to me. Sure I can do it myself, but it's a lot of work.

Saturday my roommates and I are having our last big party at the beach house. One of them was already looking for a job in Virginia when I decided to move out, so we're all splitting up. I'm sure it will be a huge party, lots of friends and lots of fun. It almost makes me sad to move. But not actually. (And I'll still be a 3-minute walk from the beach in my new place.)

Barbara, I finally got a new stereo for my 9-year-old Civic. It was just one of the inexpensive ones ~$100~ and didn't touch the speakers, but it is so much better than the factory! I agree with Mel, the Civic might not be as stylish as a convertible or big SUV but the gas mileage is awesome.

Meg, it sounds like you're making great progress with your PT. WTG on that upper body strength and being so far ahead in your PT! I'm sure the cats love having you all to themselves at night, lol.

Sheila, I've also gotten poison ivy from just walked about 12 feet from the bushes. I really believe it carries on the wind! If you can find any jewelweed growing near you, rubbing the sap on your itchiness can help (I think better than calamine lotion or cortisol creams).

Pat, how nice of you to "save" those raspberries, lol. YUMMY!!!

Lily, I hope your doctor's appt. goes well. You have worked so hard to make yourself healthier! Congrats on the new grandbaby on the way. How exciting!

Allison, you and my friend Kim would get along. She will wake up feeling bad and say, "what happened? I only drank 2 glasses of wine last night!" Of course her wine glasses are HUGE, and 2 glasses is literally a bottle! We winos need to stick together. Good job sticking to 2 (smaller) glasses.

Hi everyone else! What are everyone's plans for the weekend?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #57  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

LOL Barbara and Mel - DH drives a 2001 Civic with zero luxury features! Neither of us are really that into cars, so we are quite happy with it (we've driven it across the country twice). I have a 2006 Subaru Forester that I love. Both of us grew up with families that drove cars until they totally conked out before buying a new one, so I am expecting we won't be getting another car until that Civic has at least 150,000 miles on it (it's got 80,000 right now, mine has 18,000). My first car (which I LOVED) was my grandma's old car! It was a 1984 Toyota Cressida (I was born in 1982, so the car was almost as old as me!) with 130,000 miles on it when I got it. When I got rid of it it was in a state where it had to have a quart of oil added every 60 miles.

Meg - Moving up in weight really is great. My wrists are WAY better, thanks for asking! Progress has slowed down for them, but right now I can work at least half a day without them hurting at all, and then they don't hurt much after that, so I am really happy. The thyroid is still being adjusted -- I get tested again next week since then I will have been on Cytomel for six weeks. I feel pretty good since I've been on the Cytomel so hopefully they will keep me at my current dosage. I hope they get yours adjusted okay! Being cold all the time sucks.

Last edited by paperclippy; 09-05-2008 at 09:17 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #58  

Height: 5'7"

My, my we are a chatty bunch. Or maybe I'm clueless because it is already Friday. Lemme get my coffee and I'll dig in here...

OK, fresh coffee good!! Now, working back to Monday:

Thanks everyone for all your support this week. Not all days are good ones when there are children in the house.

Meg, good on you for hauling yourself out of that bath! You are seriously the bionic woman now. Thanks for your kind words, and yes, I have been biking and swimming instead of walking/running, and as long as I avoid hills I'm doing pretty well.

Robin, I hope your great Labor Day weekend turned itself into a great week.

midwife, I knew you'd get past that binge. And now you know that when the next one comes, you'll get past that too. You are a very strong woman, which doesn't mean being perfect, just picking yourself back up when you need to.

Allison, score on the shorts! Did you post a pic? Did I miss it? How are you doing with DD away now?

Hi Gary, blah blah blah football, blah blah blah. Hope you enjoyed your game!

Dagmar, happy fall! Vent all you need to. Sounds like you have a lot going on with your dad, and it also sounds like you're discovering some eating patterns you have with the weekend and your DH that you aren't too pleased about. I think figuring out the pattern is a HUGE step to changing it if you want to.

Hi Lisa (joyofsix), please sneak back in...we miss you!

Freda, it does sound like you are eating like a "naturally thin" person, whatever "naturally thin" means, LOL. Feasting has always been a part of life, meant to enjoy plenty while it is around. Of course we have less famine than we used to, thank goodness, but yeah, I think eating more some days and less others, even at socially prescribed times and not biological ones is normal. Hmmm, this is sort of deep. Must think about it.

Jessica, sounds like you have some fun exercise coming up with the C25K and the aqua aerobics. I don't have any deep words of wisdom about kids. I never really wanted to have them until I was about 35, and then it sort of kicked in. I didn't really experience it as a biological clock thing, just a gradual change of life choices (which fortunately happened in time, if a little late in the game). It has been the best and simultaneously most difficult thing I've ever done, but I certainly understand and respect the decision not to have children too. And, LOL on your soggy dog wog!

Lily, clearly golfing was the way to go for you and your shopping habit! That is great news about XW. She sounds like a piece of work. Congrats on your new grandbaby to be! Glad you mentioned the will, which reminds me I need to get ours updated now that the boy is here.

Pat, rubber chicken and politicians. Gack! Glad it was worthwhile though, and hope things settle down soon.

Megan, I'm so glad you'll be roommate free soon! I got a big smile when I read that after all you've been through with them.

Carolyn good to see you. The sailing sounds fun.

bargoo, how are you doing? How is your family doing?

Michele, I'm sorry you miss DD so much! Here's hoping you are feeling physically better, and that you hear from her soon.

Barbara, you look fabulous!! The car looks good too. I don't think pics of me in front of my new minivan would have the same effect, LOL. Maybe I should get a Miata for myself, no car seats allowed. Hmmm, college smollege. What a great 3 year reward! I count my time from the time I changed my lifestyle too, because to me that was the important thing. The body follows the lifestyle. And you clearly have a very healthy lifestyle.

Hi rabbit, thanks for the virtual hug. DS is now gaining! 12 pounds as of last night. Still mostly breast fed, which is important to me, but if he's still hungry and I'm empty, he gets some formula. He likes to nurse better still, but at least he's able to eat to his appetite now.

Hi Mel, how is the eating clean going?

Sheila, poison oak! Yikes. Hope that clears up really fast. You must be stressed about the move on top of everything.

Ok, attempting to post this before it gets eaten!

wunderAnne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #59  

Height: 5'7"

Ok, my news.

I got my work shopping done, and it was fun, oddly, given that I was buying way above my "normal" size. But that is done. Everything is now off my to do list except washing the dog, happening after coffee and one puzzle, baking some semi-healthy banana muffins for my daughter, and taking in the bikes for a tune up (Monday). I feel sort of clean. Of course I have two big loads of nasty laundry to do too, as we are going through an unfortunate stage of potty training, and the usual dishes and cooking, but still.

This means next week is my vacation! I have nothing major to do other than whatever I want, at least while the kids are in school. I get one week more or less to myself before I start back to work on the 15th. I almost can't imagine anything better. I've scheduled a massage already!

DS is eating and gaining weight, which makes me happy. DD is going through a grumpy stage, which doesn't. I'm in a much better spot than I was this weekend, since I have some time to myself again to get centered. I need some quiet. DD was actually pretty good yesterday, except for the aforementioned unfortunate potty training issues, so perhaps we are turning a corner on this little BRAT stage we are surviving.

(Warning possible TMI in this paragraph) I did get some explanation from all the emotional stuff this weekend, when (surprise!) TOM has returned. It seems early for this, since I'm still nursing, but sadly isn't inconsistent with the decrease in milk supply we've been experiencing. It also sort of explains why my eating has been out of hand the last few days--since I didn't know about it, I wasn't mentally prepared. And I knew it was different because it was more fatty foods I wanted, rather than the sugary stuff I usually crave when I just overtired.

There may be some progress on my knee! Yay! I walked today for the first time in a couple weeks, 2.5 miles in about 45 minutes, and while I could tell it was a little off, there was NO pain. I have a 5K in two weeks, that there is no way to be prepared to run, but it is walker-friendly, so I'll just walk or walk/run it, as my fitness allows. I've been biking and swimming, but that doesn't build running fitness at all for me. My goal is to beat DH, who is doing the 10K course with both children in the double jogger that day. Aim high, LOL!

Hope you all have a nice weekend! I'm going to work my puzzle now, and enjoy a little quiet time.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

I didn't get around to posting the shorts I bought, but here is a photo--except in a different color. Mine are purple and turquoise and pea green (odd combo, but it is really pretty).Billy-blues-131591-grn.jpg

This will be an odd day. Lunch and dinner out as Fridays are always out to lunch with DH days and tonight we have a Karate belt ceremony and instead of trying to eat really early or scraping together something quickly when we get home, we're going to out to dinner, too. Due to the ceremony, I'm not going to the gym, either. Instead of regretting that choice, I will go tomorrow.

I got to talk to DD last night. She's not coming home this weekend (actually I don't expect her back until my in-laws return in October). She's going to get her meningioccocal?? vaccine today. What fun. She had a bad day at rehearsal as the director yelled at her. I told her not to worry, just try harder next time. She was mad because she was the only one yelled at when it was obvious that many people were messing up, but whatever. She had her Paypal account hacked a couple of weeks ago and someone stole almost $500 from her, but she filed a complaint and got it back (thank goodness!). She's closing the account now.

Goodness, Anne. A 10k pushing two kids? I doubt I'd have the stamina--kudos to your DH! And kudos to you, too for getting out there!

Gotta run--work calls!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote