Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #31  
Chuggin' along...

I've been glued to the weather channel and seen a lot of that, Josephine. I've experienced firsthand the septic back-up and flooding with Hurricane Dennis in 2005. It's never fun. Hang in there! Everything about this storm has been crazy - its path, how slow it's moving...

This will pass, right? Hopefully sooner than later!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I am so glad I live in earthquake country rather than hurricane (or tornado) country! You Floridians take care!

Yesterday turned out to be a good day except for the wine. Why do I do this?

Plan for today
B~2 egg & ham taquitos (not a great choice)
S~carrots & pea pods
L~BLT w/ avacado
D~hmmm, I'll have to think about this
45-60 minutes at the gym

I made a yummy soup for dinner last night that will be my lunch next week. Only 175 calories per cup.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #33  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Well, at least storms you can see coming. Earthquakes are so SUDDEN. But both/neither are all that great, really! Where are the safe spots?

Megan - feel better! I had a night like that, totally random, and the next day I was OK. It was TERRIBLE.

Midwife - sometimes, your body tells you that you need a break. I try to listen, sometimes, even though sometimes you're right, the sleep exchange isn't worth it.

Mel - we're talking about the 60 calorie containers...they were the biggest yogurt for the smallest calories...Dannon Light N Fit, 6 ounces (they also made a large tub of vanilla). They were a purplish container and they were sweetened with Splenda and (I think) Acesulfame K. Now they're in a white container and sweetened with Splenda, Ace K, Aspartame, AND an extra 4 grams of sugar (because, you know, what is a yogurt if it doesn't have FOUR sweeteners???). I'm sensitive to aspartame, so I can't have them now, AND the 4 grams of sugar rule them out for plans where they were previously being used that restrict refined sugars, in addition to adding the 20 calories.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/132.5/125

Height: 5'4 3/4

you guys are awesome with your planning efforts....! i'm enious of your will to map out complete daily menues....i don't think i ahve it in me.....it requires much organization, but the exercise thing would be beneficial....i've been so slack lately and ye olde waistline is suffering!

ugh.....

congrats to all of you that maintain your meal plans! jealous
BlueParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #35  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

BlueParade - its just like anything else...make a decision to do it, then do it. I never would have been able to LOSE the weight if I couldn't follow through, so there you have it. Planning has always been almost unbelievably important to me.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/132.5/125

Height: 5'4 3/4

yes, you're right mandalinn......i guess my problem is that i can't escape the self-imposed guilt if i can't follow through with the plan....but i will try.....dammit, i will!!!!!!
BlueParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #37  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Well, it's been a struggle but I was POP today.

Exercise: Run, done.

Food:
Bagel with nat peanut butter, coffee w/stevia.
Nectarine.
Black bean burrito with lettuce, tomato, onion, chipotle peppers.
Boca burger, potato knish, green beans.

Plan for tomorrow:

Exercise: Bike.

Food: (same as today)
Bagel with nat peanut butter, coffee w/stevia.
Nectarine.
Black bean burrito with lettuce, tomato, onion, chipotle peppers.
Boca burger, potato knish, green beans.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 08-22-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #38  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
BlueParade - its just like anything else...make a decision to do it, then do it. I never would have been able to LOSE the weight if I couldn't follow through, so there you have it. Planning has always been almost unbelievably important to me.
I am in total agreement with this statement. My weight loss, never, ever would have occured had it NOT been for the planning. It's sooooo easy to stray off track when you DO have everything mapped out. Without it, well, it would be next to impossible. Eating healthy simply does not happen by chance. It really has to be thought out in advance and thoroughly planned. It's incredibly important to set oneself up for success and planning for me is absolutely vital.

Blue Parade, you CAN do it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #39  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Where are the safe spots?
Well, here in NYC we don't really need to worry about earthquakes or hurricanes much. Natural disasters aren't much of an issue here. Though of course we've had some pretty wicked blizzards. Extremes of temperature. And our share of storms. But manmade disasters are more of a worry here - think 9/11.

Quote:
Robin- good luck with all the food issues. And then you (and I) are heading into HOLIDAYS!!!!
Hopefully, I pleased everyone. I did not make any baked good for my oldest or fattening foods. Luckily the melons and fruit were fantastic this week and after being at camp, she was satisfied with those. I really hope all that fruit doesn't upset her stomach. I made her her favorite chicken, salmon and tons of roasted green beans, which she loves. I think everyone was pretty happy. We'll see how the rest of the weekend goes.

Mel, I don't even want to THINK about the holidays just yet. Yikes. And I have a bunch of events coming up as well. But they're a month away.

Sooo, since I was home for the first time in ages on a Friday (home SWEET home), I was POP.

Oh and Mel, one more thing, here's the Danon yogurt debacle Amanda and I were speaking about:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149556

Have a Super Saturday everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #40  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I was POP yesterday, yay!

Today's plan:

Exercise: Either a run, walk or a bike.

Food:
Sprouted grain toast with grits and smart balance