Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #46  
Mel

I'm totally pleased with myself that I've been on plan for both food and exercise while at a training conference. Yay me!! food is tough. Working out in the eveiningis different for me, and I'm surrounded by 19 year old guys in the university weight room

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #47  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yay, Mel! Great job!

Well, I did all my exercise and have been OP...but I feel terrible. I got a migraine sometime post breakfast. Ugh.

I have a feeling I won't have tons of food for the rest of the day. I already skipped a planned snack.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
--I'm really kicking it with the Wii Fit and my legs and abs are so sore! Just show you how out of shape I'm in. I do have stamina and do great at the aerobic stuff, but yoga and weight training? Not so much!
LOL! If it weren't for yoga I'd be depressed about my performance. I do ok on the aerobics but the strength. Um, I suck.

Today was mildly awful food wise. Helping with day camp totally wrecks my plan and schedule.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Sorry about those coffee gitters BARBARA...but so happy you beat those giants!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #50  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday was ok...ended up feeding The Boy, so we had tuna steaks, roasted broccoli, and whole grain rice...and wine

Managed to get 15 on the elliptical before yoga.

Today!

B: Smoothie(eating right now), and I'm leaning towards a Kashi blueberry waffle
L: Turkey wrap, mixed fruit, yogurt
S:hmmmm....
D: I'm thinking no boy, so maybe that black bean burger and some raw veggies w/salsa.

Exercise: cardio and yoga.

Have a great day!
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #51  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

yesterday was mostly on plan. I did eat one piece (1/2 serving) of a dark chocolate espresso bar. I was within my calories but it wasn't on my plan for the day. I'm experimenting with calories to figure out where I need to be to maintain. I'm actually still dropping but I'm okay with that. I figure if I'm eating 1300 - 1400 calories and still losing that works for my body. I've never been this low so have no idea what weight works for my body. I assume that as long as I'm eating well and exercising my body will let me know where it should be. That's a new experience!

Today is a bit crazy schedule wise so am planning carefully.

B: Whole grain high finer pancake w/protein powder & strawberries; coffee
S:banana
L: large tossed salad; garbanzo salad
D: eggplant burger; green beans from the freezer
S: Greek yogurt with strawberry rhubarb puree (leftover from making leather)
S: 1-2 Emergen-C packets as needed

exercise: 45 minutes biking; half hour walk between meetings (good for the back); 15 minutes weights & stretches before bed
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #52  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was pretty on-plan. Dinner ended up being a big salad, a couple bites of spaghetti, and a couple bites of bread. I took the dog for a walk, but I didn't do my leg strength as my legs were sore from Monday's PT.

Today's plan:
B - raisin bran, milk, OJ
S - banana
L - lf cottage cheese w/strawberries
S - apple, yogurt
D - salad, baked potato w/a little butter
Exercise - 20 min walk with dog, leg strength
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #53  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Mel - WTG on being on plan at the conference! I've been on travel since Monday and I've also been on plan on my travels

B - 1.5 cup mixed fruit (1.5), SF yogurt (2), coffee with milk (1)
S - Fiber One Bar (2)
L - Panera Bread : 1 cup Low Fat Black Bean Soup (2), Half Smoked Turkey Sandwich on Sourdough (5)
S - Apple (1), Banana (1.5)
D - Cheeburger-Cheeburger: Large Salad with grilled chicken (3.5), olives (1), and salsa (0)
Activity - 50 minutes on the bike at the gym (+3) - I might skip this, I'm not sure.
21.5/22
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #54  
Moderating Mama

Yesterday was mostly OP, but I skipped an afternoon snack because I wasn't feeling well, and ended up switching out my planned dessert (NSA Ice cream w/ a grilled peach) for frozen yogurt with graham crackers. Calories came out OK, and it was gooood...I had a three flavor swirl of vanilla, chocolate, and coconut. I thought coconut might be gross, but it was really good!

Plan for today:
B - Alternative bagel w/ laughing cow, turkey breast
S - Greek yogurt w/ blackberries
L - Leftovers - Egg white and sausage frittata w/ lots of veggies, side salad
S - Wrap sandwich - WW Low Carb wrap, turkey breast, lettuce, cucumber, and ff-sour cream ranch dressing
S - Popcorn
D - Roasted pork tenderloin, Summer Squash Boats (hollowed out squash, filled with ww couscous, chopped squash and tomato, a little parmesan, and garlic/basil, topped with a sprinkle of mozzarella), Side Salad
S - NSA Ice Cream, Blackberries

E - 55 min elliptical, walk to store.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #55  
Working My Way Back Down

Yesterday came in moderatly well. Lunch was a little more than I planned, but still reasonable.

Today -

B - protein pancake with blueberries, 1/2 peach,
L - lean cuisine flatbread sandwich
D - grilled chicken, grilled zucchini, grilled potatoe (it's finally warm here!)
Ss - apple, yogurt
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I went home yesterday and did all the yoga and strength training that are open on the Wii Fit. I'm feeling a lot less sore! And the best part is I'm starting to get better "scores"--some even better than the kids'!

My weight is going down, but it is still WAY over what it should be. But I'm going to do the Wii Fit at least 3 times a week as it really seems to help and because it is just too darn hot to walk/run outside (it's supposed to be 114 today).

Food is good. I was going to have eggs and melon and ww toast tonight, but DD's class ended 2 days early and she'll be home for dinner (she doesn't eat eggs). So my menu now needs to be changed up a bit.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #57  
Moderating Mama

What's going on with me? I've been doing the following:

2 days on plan, 1 day almost out-of-control off plan, 1 day getting back to plan...today was the off plan day.

I'm breaking this cycle with a 100% OP day tomorrow. But I'm wondering what the cycle is all about?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #58  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi everybody.

Mandalinn, I can certainly relate to your on plan/off plan cycle. I too wish I knew what the heck was going on.

But - I am happy to report that I now have 3 POP days under my belt. (It's almost 10:30 PM and I'm gonna call Wednesday a success. I just made myself a cup of tea and that will be the final thing of the day). I will say that these were darn HARD days. I was very munched, snacky,and opened up the fridge and the cabinets many times looking - for something. I had to really pull out all of my "tricks" to keep me on plan. I can't recall having such a hard time staying on plan before, except perhaps for those initial 10 days - 2 weeks of my journey. But I made it through.

I have been having strange pains running up and down my right leg. All the way up to my hip. It was pretty minor at first. Today was a bit worse and I had difficulty doing my usual exercise routine. I sure hope that this passes. I'm not caring for it one bit.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #59  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Argh, yesterday was not to plan. My main meals were healthy, but I kept snacking! I saw someone in the breakroom toasting a poptart and was hit with the biggest craving---caved. Argh! I did throw together a tasty salad for dinner---spinach, black bean burger, broccoli, guac, green salsa, and lime juice. Just threw whatever in and it was great!

Today!

B: Smoothie, Waffle
L: Turkey wrap, fruit, yogurt
S:not sure---I have to leave work for a Dr. appt. Maybe a Fiber One bar
D: ::sigh:: Staying at Boy's tonight...here's hoping we find something good.

I plan on walking around his parents' neighborhood while he plays with the jeep.

Going to post tomorrow:

B: Kashi cinnamon harvest cereal, milk
L: Smart ones meal, apple
S:hmmm
D: We're having a date sushi.

Don't know about exercise...i may walk down to Beale Street to look for a gift for a friend on my lunch break.

Have a great day!
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #60  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was almost POP. I skipped the dog walk because my leg therapy session kicked my butt.

Today's plan:
B - raisin bran, milk
S - banana
L - baked potato, sweet potato
S - yogurt, apple
D - probably salad and pasta
Exercise - 30 min dog walk
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote