Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #31  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Had an interesting weekend. Saturday was POP eating-wise, and a planned exercise rest day. Sunday had a little more alcohol than would be ideal, but food was good and healthy, choices were excellent, and I was active nearly ALL DAY (went for a 3 mile hike in the morning, then went and played a little Wii Fit, then went and pulled trap for my dad out at the shooting range which was an unexpectedly little quad workout, then went bowling and played some pool, then came home for more Wii Fit...busy day!) So I'll call the weekend an overall victory.

B - Breakfast sandwich with chicken sausage, egg, and lite cheddar.
S - Cantaloupe
L - Tuna melt on an Alternative Bagel
S - Greek yogurt w/ blackberries
S - Popcorn
D - Chicken and Nopales Fajitas on low carb tortillas
S - NSA Vanilla Ice Cream w/ Blackberries and Cherries

E - 45 on elliptical, 20 min walk to store and back.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #32  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Agh, I forgot to bring my yogurt with me!!! I am so hungry that I can't concentrate on work. I'm currently weighing the pros and cons of going to take a look at what's in the vending machine. The A/C is broken and it's too hot for tea or hot cocoa, my usual staples for when I'm too hungry.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #33  
Working My Way Back Down

Here's the day hafl gone, and I'm just getting around to even reading anything!

B - cheerios with blueberries, 5 walnut halves, 1% milk, 1/2 ww bagel w/whipped cream cheese
S - ff latte
L - turkey sandwich on ww, baked chips
S - nectarine, cottage cheese
D - salmon, peas, mashed potato
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon from Cal State Fullerton where I have been attending new student orientation with DD. I'm waiting for her to finish registration so we can head home Right in the middle of rush hour). Not fun. Food-wise not too great. Breakfast was an egg taco at Del Taco and lunch was catered by Panera--I had a turkey sandwich. No idea about dinner.
I'm one of those who would rather not discuss weight right now. I'm really hoping that it is due to water weight from my sore muscles--I'm really kicking it with the Wii Fit and my legs and abs are so sore! Just show you how out of shape I'm in. I do have stamina and do great at the aerobic stuff, but yoga and weight training? Not so much!

Last edited by alinnell; 06-17-2008 at 09:57 AM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #35  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

So here is what today really ended up as (flying and all!):
B - Puffins cereal (1), milk (2), 2 plums (1)
S - Fiber One bar (2)
L - @ Chili's: Bowl of chili w/ no toppings (7), side salad w/no cheese or crutons (1), FF vinagrette (1)
D - @ Cheeburger-Cheeburger: Huge salad (0) with olives (1), grilled chicken (2.5), assume the chicken was grilled with oil or butter (1), and salsa (0)
S - 1 cup FF, SF frozen yogurt (3.5)

walk/jog at the gym for 30 minutes = +3

22.5/22 - ONLY .5 above my planned day!

Tomorrow:
B - 1 cup mixed fruit (1), SF yogurt (2), coffee with milk (1)
S - Fiber One Bar (2)
L - Salad (1) w/ light italian (1), baked potato (2.5), 1 tbsp sour cream (1), 2 tbsp salsa (0)
S - 100 cal popcorn (2)
D - Garden burger (5) on multigrain roll (3) with 1 tsp mayo (1), 1.5 cups steamed veggies (0), 2/3 of a beer (2)
Activity - 40 minutes biking at gym (+3)
24.5/22

Last edited by modkittn; 06-18-2008 at 09:36 AM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #36  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Yesterday came in on plan but it ended up being a lot harder than I thought, due a big mistake on my part. We went to the A's/Giant's game, which, as is typical for summer in San Francisco, was miserable cold. We were sitting in the shade; it probably would have been fine if we'd just been in the sun. Because it was cold, I wanted something warm to drink. Hot chocolate wasn't in the plan, but a cup of coffee would be perfect. The problem is that years ago I got out of the habit of drinking regular coffee, so these days I stick with decaf. For the first cup of coffee I managed to find decaf, but when I went for the second cup, I couldn't find any vendors selling decaf coffee. In fact, the vendor where I bought the first cup insisted that they had never had decaf coffee. So I thought maybe the first cup was also regular and maybe regular coffee would be okay. Big mistake. I had the shaking hungers for the entire rest of the day and even into this morning. It was miserable. I hate that feeling. I even felt a little light-headed. In fact, I still feel a little off. It was only through sheer force of will that I didn't eat everything in the house. My calories were probably 100 to 200 high, but the extra food I ate was all fruit, so I'm counting it as on plan.

No more regular coffee for me! I've learned my lesson. It's decaf or nothing.

But at least the A's won, so it was all worth it! Go A's!

Today is on plan so far, but it's not over yet.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #37  
Moderating Mama

Planning for tomorrow (still have dessert to go for today, but we're doing good).

B - Alternative bagel pizza
S - Cantaloupe
L - Leftover chicken breast and nopales fajitas
S - Greek yogurt w/ blackberries
S - Popcorn
D - Frittata w/ lots of veggies and chicken sausage, side salad
S - NSA Ice Cream, Grilled Peach, Blackberry Sauce

E - 55 min strength, 55 min cardio
Old 06-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #38  
Meg

Wow, Barbara, you are really sensitive to coffee! Is it just coffee or does all caffeine do it to you?

I'm back from the gym and had a little NSV there. When I was working out in front of a mirror, I realized that I can see daylight between the tops of my thighs again. That's a marker for me of how in shape I am, so . Today was a back workout and cardio and I was feeling tired, so I just did four sets each of pullups, bent over BB rows, and FreeMotion lat pulldowns and called it a day on weights. I got in 20 minutes on the elliptical before the knees started objecting and 20 on the bike; hope to do 20 more on the bike later.

Meals:

Post-gym: Starbucks skinny latte (unusual but I was running errands and starving!)
M1: Oatmeal and turkey sausage
M2: Salad, LF dressing, strawberries, salmon
M4: Fage 0% yogurt, maybe fruit?
M5: Beef tenderloin, veggies
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #39  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Well, this weekend wasn't planned, but for the most part I did ok.

Yesterday wasn't too good/too bad. I stayed w/Boy Sunday night, so I didn't have all my food.

Today!

B: English muffin w/PB, bowl of mixed fruit
L:Lean Gourmet cheese pizza, spinach salad, apple
S:yogurt
D: A little up in the air...we may be getting dinner w/Boy's friend who is in town. If not, I'm thinking black bean burger and something else with it. That is if I don't have to cook for Boy.

Exercise: 30 minutes cardio(aiming, before yoga), 45-60 minutes yoga.
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #40  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Barbara - I am like you with caffeine. A couple months back I made the mistake of drinking 3-4 cups of black tea. I was jittery and felt sick to my stomach and lightheaded for the rest of the day. Yuck! The worst was the time that I had taken Dayquil since I was sick, and I drank a cup of coffee because I was so sleepy, and I felt so wired for the rest of the day (like how I imagine it would be to take speed). It was really unpleasant.

Yesterday was mostly on plan. I did end up going to the vending machine, and of course there were no healthy choices, so I had peanut M&M's - only 100 cals more than my yogurt would have been. Dinner was pasta and a salad.

I was so excited that my weight had only barely gone up over the weekend, but today it was up more to 138. I am blaming it on sore muscles. I didn't get any cardio in yesterday, but I had a really tough leg workout at physical therapy. I am amazingly not very sore this morning, but I bet it will hit later.

Today's plan:
B - raisin bran, milk, grapefruit
S - banana
L - lean cuisine butternut squash ravioli
S - apple, yogurt
D - more salad

Planning on a good walk with the dog tonight.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #41  
Moderating Mama

This was the first time, in a LOOOONG time, that my weight actually went down over the weekend. I'm back under my redline. Now, to just get back to that bottom number so I have some cushion again...

Meg - what happened to M3?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #42  
Meg

Yay, Amanda! Sometimes you just have to have a little faith when the scale is and things will get back to where they should be.

As for Meal 3, I'm all messed up today because I stopped at Starbucks on the way home from the gym. Let me consult with Fitday and see what works.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #43  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

It's mainly just coffee that I am so sensitive to, because the caffeine in coffee is so much higher than just about anything else (except maybe sodas/energy drinks that they pump extra caffeine into). One cup of lightly caffeinated tea or a diet soda isn't a problem. It's all just a matter of what you are used to. I used to drink tons of regular coffee (black, even), but then I got out of the habit and now it really bothers me. I suspect also that I have blood sugar issues. My sister has issues with her blood sugar and probably also had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant. So that could make me extra sensitive to it.

Yesterday came in on plan, no problem. I considered having an extra pudding cup for dessert, which wasn't in the plan but also wouldn't really have been off plan (still within my calorie range) but fell asleep before I could be bothered to get up from the sofa and get it. I'm not sure "too lazy to eat" is the best diet/maintenance strategy, but, hey, whatever works.

Exercise is done for today: 15 min elliptical, 20 min intervals on stepmill, 10 min on rowing machine (a new exercise for me ), 15 min abs.

Eating so far is on plan, but dinner is going to be sushi out. The question is, will I be able to get on plan again as soon as I get home? Let's hope I don't have to post a disaster tomorrow.

Mandalinn: Could I trouble you again for the chocolate sauce recipe? I didn't write it down, thinking I could always come back to the thread where you posted it and find it again, but I think it may have been lost in the crash. I'll be sure to write it down this time.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 06-17-2008 at 02:42 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #44  
Moderating Mama

I'm not sure that I still have it! Yikes!

I'll attempt to re-create.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #45  
Meg

We lost a TON of good recipes in the crash! And too many threads drop off the page with good recipes buried in them. So -- what if everyone who posts a recipe puts it in the Our Favorite Recipes sticky thread and links to it? That way all the good recipes will be preserved in one place (except for server crashes, but those seem to happen only once every four years or so!)