Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Mel~yes, they were painful. It was to the point that there was no position I could put my leg in to make it comfortable. Exercise helped a lot, but made it look worse. The more sedentary my day was, the more uncomfortable I was as the day wore on. I'm glad they're gone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #17  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yesterday wasn't BAD, per se...I made the best decisions given what I was presented with (when at a restaurant that only serves burgers, getting a turkey breast one on a whole wheat bun with no mayo, and a side salad instead of the fries is a pretty good choice). But it wasn't technically on plan, since I'd been planning to go out for a salad. Oh, well. That's life.

Tonight I'm cleaning and running errands, then to my parent's for Father's Day. I'm going to try to convince people to take a hike with me tomorrow...think I'll succeed?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Allison,
That did look painful! I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of.
So, do you like your Wii Fit? My younger dd graduated from middle school and we told her she could either get a new bed or a Wii with the Wii Fit. I think she's going to choose the Wii (wouldn't any 13 year old!?!?!).

I really need this thread. You know it isn't a good sign when I don't want to get on to read or post because I have too many excuses! I haven't been to the gym in 2 days and I had been going every single day. I did walk the day before yesterday (a ton!), but nothing yesterday. I am off to the gym in a few minutes.

Way too many food challenges this coming week starting tonight as dh wants steak and baked potato for "Father's Day Weekend". Why does he get a whole weekend? Tomorrow we are going to an Italian buffet. I better stay at the gym for HOURS!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Michele~I love the Wii Fit. Since I don't have a gym membership, it does get me moving that otherwise I probably wouldn't do. You have to have a Wii in order to use the Fit as it is technically a game for the Wii. The kids enjoy it also (but I think they like Guitar Hero better!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:41 PM   #20  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

OK, I'm back in. My trip to MN/Chicago was fantastic from a relationship standpoint--I got to spend a lot of quality time with people I care about. It was also fantastic from a relaxation standpoint--I had a spa day that included a 100-min massage from Jose, the world's cutest massage therapist (you wouldn't think this would matter much since your eyes are closed for the entire massage, but you'd be surprised). But from an eating standpoint, um, not so fantastic. Exercise wasn't what I wanted it to be either, although that wasn't my fault; things I couldn't control interfered. I did manage some exercise every day, but it wasn't at the level I wanted it to be.

The scale is showing a really horrible number right now; I don't even want to say what it is. I'm really hoping that some of it is water--in the past it's taken over a week for me to drop the water weight from travel and it is just before my TOM, which only exacerbates the problem. But for now I've dropped my calories down to 1400 per day. Hopefully that is going to do the trick because I'd really prefer not to have to go lower.

I was on plan all last week, but work was insane (God forbid I take one day off!) and just didn't have the time or energy to post. I have hopes that I'll be on plan this week as well. We're going to the A's/Giant's game tomorrow (go A's!) but I'm planning to bring my own food, so that should be fine. It's Tuesday and Thursday that I'm most worried about. Tuesday I have a pedicure night with the girls and dinner afterwards. Dinner is sushi, so it should be okay but these things tend to throw me off plan in other ways.

Thursday is going to be a real doozy. I have an all-day Conference and last year the food at it was terrible. A BBQ themed lunch with almost no healthy choices (BBQ sauce soaked chicken, sausages, giant white potatoes, baked beans--I don't even think they included a sad little salad). Dessert was a spread of ten--that's right, ten!--different kinds of cake. Then they broke out the Haagan Daaz bars two hours later for the afternoon snack. The whole menu is some sort of sick and unhealthy "tradition" so I suspect it will be the same thing this year.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 06-14-2008 at 10:41 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:58 AM   #21  
Meg

Welcome back, Barbara! Maybe stay off the scales for a few days and give that water bloat a chance to go away?

Yesterday was on plan except for a well-deserved glass and a half of wine after spending the day with my MIL. It was worth every calorie. Today we have a graduation party to go to and I think the best way to handle it is to plan not to eat there and have my regular dinner when we get home. It's a lot easier for me to have nothing at a party than to pick and choose among all the food, trying to find something healthy. And I seriously doubt there will be anything healthy or low-cal at all! So I'll have a diet soda, talk, and stay away from the food.

The gym opens at 8:00 am in all its sweaty, stinky glory (there's been a big sign up saying that they know the A/C isn't working right and they're working on it ... but nothing's changed) and I'll be there for my hour of cardio and a shoulder workout.

Meals are planned in Fitday:

M1: Protein shake w/ frozen blueberries
M2: Egg, egg whites, oatmeal
M3: 95% lean burger, coleslaw, LF dressing
M4: Fage 0% yogurt
M5: Salmon, roasted green beans
Optional M6: Protein shake
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #22  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Another off plan day for me yesterday. With ZERO excuses. NONE. It started off with me overeating cherries and then a banana. It got worse after that. I had peanut butter for the first time in ages. Gosh that stuff is GOOD and I will not be having it again any time soon.

Today is all planned out. Will be a bit of a challenge. My daughter is leaving for the summer on Tuesday and wants a special send off meal. Rib steak, mashed potatoes, avocado salad and chocolate souffle'. I am having lemon chicken and cauliflower.

I'm going to try and remember the days when I passed up on many, MANY tempting things time and time again. Choosing to have a drop in the scale, rather then eat the food.

Have a great day everyone. Oh and a Happy Daddy's Day to all!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #23  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm going to jump in too if no one minds I need a little structure moving into maintenance. I gave in to the peanuts yesterday too. Usually I just grab a small handful when I need a protein kick but yesterday I went back for two more. Nothing catastrophic but a bad habit to fall back into. I also didn't fit in focused exercise. I did walk an hour in the AM but it was birding so that doesn't really count. Then I spent the day cleaning, processing food for the dehydrator, and grocery shopping. Today I'm back on track - no excuses!

B - one egg with asparagus, roasted red peppers, & almond cheese; coffee
S - slice of cinnamon date manna bread
L - big salad with romaine, cukes, broccoli slaw and a scoop of garbanzo salad
S - greek yogurt w/strawberry rhubarb compote sweetened with agave
D - grilled eggplant, asparagus & mushrooms marinated in Newman's light sun dried tomato dressing; smart sausage or smart dog
S - if needed, frozen grapes

Exercise - 3 mile walk; 45 minute bike ride weather permitting; 15 minutes PT & weights
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #24  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning. Yesterday was a good OP day. Though I spent most of the day at our town's annual celebration festival - Colony Days - I stayed way far away from the food vendors.

B - cheerios w/walnuts, 1/2 banana, 1% milk, ww toast,
L - little bits of leftovers, rice, salmon, asparagus which I stir-fried together - quite tasty. applesauce
D - large salad topped with sauteed shrimp and red peppers, 1 ear of corn, small glass of wine

Today is okay so far. DH is leaving this afternoon for a few days fishing, so I'll be on my own til Wed at least.

B - 2 eggs, 1/2 ww bagel,
L - (at church) 1/2 egg salad sandwich, small serving of homemade beans, NO brownies (they looked really good)
S - leftover salmon, peas,
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #25  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Today was:

B - Oatmeal (2), Apple (1)
S - Fiber One Bar (2)
L - Salad with chick peas, FF feta, deli turkey, light vinagrette (5.5)
S - Coffee with FF creamer (1)
D - Subway 6" Chicken Teryaki (7), Rice Cakes (3.5)

22/22
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #26  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Default Plan for Monday

I will be on planes from 8am - 2pm with a 1.5 hour stop over. Here's my plan. I'll come back and edit it in the evening and we can see how it differed from what was actually offered at the airport

B - Milk (2), Puffins cereal (1), plums (1)
S - Fiber One Bar (2)
L - McDonald's Grilled Chicken sandwhich w/no mayo (7), side salad (0) with light dressing (1)
Snacks while on planes - carrots (0), peppers (0), banana (1.5)
D - Cheeburger-Cheeburger for Dinner: Salad with chicken (3.5), olives (1), and light vinagrette (2)

40 minutes wogging = +4

22/22
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #27  

Ok, no excuses, more like confession. Yesterday was a horrible eating day. Father's day turned into a whole afternoon of bad choices. A good day otherwise though so moving on.

We have the Wii fit. I like it and I really like that it gives me something in common with my oldest boys (14 and 12). It's a competition between us and something I still have some prayer of beating them at. Turns out I'm quite the slalom skier and hula hooper, LOL.

Today's planI'm helping at Girl Scout camp so I'm packing)
B-ww english muffin w/1 Tb peanut butter
S-pria bar, cherries
L-huge salad w/feta cheese, olives, cuke, tomato, pepper and onion
S-apple, cheese stick
D-turkey ham sandwiches, raw veggies(need to get out to a ball game)
S-100 calorie popcorn, low fat, sugar free , decaf latte
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:33 AM   #28  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Okay, after a planned weekend of some indulgence in food and drink (but not too bad, weight is only up 0.8 lbs), I am ready to go back to some accountability. I am still feeling like counting calories exactly is a little much considering how flexible my weekly meal plans are in the summer, but at least I can write down what I eat.

Today's plan:
B - morning crunch cereal, milk
S - apple
L - jicama/corn/bean salad
S - banana, yogurt
D - no idea, DH did the grocery shopping and I don't even know what's in the fridge.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #29  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Yesterday's eating was on plan but no PT/weights last night.

Today:
B - pancake with egg, ff cottage cheese & Bob's Redmill high fiber whole grain mix; applesauce
S - dry roasted edamame beans
L - eggplant burger; mustard greens
S - Suzie's thin cakes & garlic herb tofutti (surprisingly yummy snack)
D - swiss chard pie w/eggs & lf cheese

Walked 3 miles this morning, 30 minutes PT, stretches & weights tonight
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #30  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I am sick and tired of posting about my day not being POP, as was the case yet again yesterday. Last week was one of the few weeks since I began my journey that I had more OFF plan days then on.

I don't want to come here and post that one day I am POP and the next - not. Therefore I think I need to take a break from posting my daily doings. I need to get a few good days under my belt. And that all important weekend.

If I know me, I may certainly decide to change my mind, but for now, for this week at least, I'd like to aviod the daily reports. I'll give it a try...........

Have a good one folks.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote