Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #46  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Megan - it was all about embracing what I could do, and trying not to worry about the things that just weren't going to happen. That's how good choices happen, in the long run.

Midwife - Have fun on your trip! Life sometimes just requires an umbrella drink, so enjoy.

Jessica - Mmmm, yum. I'm with Midwife on this one...sometimes, it's worth it, but unless you work somewhere super cool, what at an office dessert buffet could be worth it? If you'll feel really deprived, though, pick your one favorite thing and have a small piece. And if its one of those "the idea of this tasted WAY better in my head than this actually does" moments...throw it away!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #47  

Came in on plan with food choices yesterday, swapped some foods around in the evening but was still right where I wanted to be on calories and the protein to carb ratio was close to what I was aiming for and the scale this morning showed improvement so I'm happy with myself. However, I didn't get my workout in last night or this morning but that was only because DH's hours got switched around for a couple of days which threw my schedule off track. I'll workout this evening and since I'll have the evening to myself I anticipated that will be a pleasure to do. No meals to prepare or even company accept for the dogs and the baby quail in the backyard. Of course, those stupid quail can get pretty distracting, they are so darned cute DH and I get mesmerized watching them.

I like the idea of having a couple of evenings on my own, as long as they are just a few, and I’m looking forward to working out tonight without having to feel rushed to get ready for work or get supper started, etc.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #48  
Working My Way Back Down

What I have to say is this - it is possible to eat too many beans in the course of 2 days! (and no I do not want that icon.... )

Today will be different choices:

B - oatmeal w/walnuts, raisins, 1% milk, toast w/whipped cream cheese, 1/2 banana
S - applesauce
L - turkey sandwich on ww, baked chips
S - fruit (DH ate what we had, so I'll run to the store at lunch)
D - hmmm, this is being provided by the city before our Council meeting, and while sometimes it's a good choice, other times it's pizza. I may have to pass and have something when I get home. I always have a Luna bar in my purse for emergencies.

Last edited by WaterRat; 06-10-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #49  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the tips on the dessert buffet guys! It starts in 30 minutes so I will be prepared. Rule for today is if the first bite doesn't taste like it's worth the calories, it goes in the trash.

Modkittn - you can check out their website: http://www.newriversrestaurant.com/ but it looks like they haven't updated it in months. Googling around indicates that it is actually open and is just as good as before their reopening. The prices are on their website under the menu section.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #50  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday was not great food wise. Too much snacking and sweets! And no exercise! Today will be better, it has to!

B- Smoothie, English Muffin w/PB
S- maybe string cheese?
L- Leftover 3 cheese chicken florentine (cooking light), yogurt, apple slices
S-wheat thins? or a fiber one bar
D- No boy tonight!(Love him...hate having to think of dinners that are healthy and that he'd eat!) I'm thinking a black bean burger with some carrot sticks in hummus...I have to go to the store after work to buy some spinach and hummus.

Exercise: Aiming for 30 minutes elliptical before my yoga/pilates. Plus cleaning my apartment!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:00 AM   #51  
Chuggin' along...

I'm off for my trip, back next week. I got in a gym workout early this morning - 1 last one before I go. I'll be thinking of you all and "no excuses!" Have a great week everyone!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:55 AM   #52  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I had a slight change in my plan yesterday, but was still OP.

Today!
B - Puffins cereal (1), milk (2), banana (1.5)
S - Fiber One Bar (2)
L - Salad (0) with chicken (4) and salsa (0), FF Yogurt (2)
S - Apple (1), oatmeal (2)
D - Turkey Kielbasa (2), chicken (2.5), corn on the cob (1), broccoli (0), veggie baked beans (2)

23/22

Walking at the gym = +2
Old 06-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #53  
Moderating Mama

Got in the scale - All of the Paso Robles big fancy meals and tons of wine and paella weight? Gone. Unfortunately, all of the weight I gained whilst eating 1300 calories a day? STILL THERE! I know, I'm supposed to be on scale hiatus. Darn it. I still feel kind of water-weight-like so we'll see.

Yesterday was OP. Did some very strong strength training and today I am FEELING it.

B - English muffin pizza (I'm starting to get sick of these...might need an alternate for next week)
S - Fruit salad - cantaloupe, strawberries, blackberries
L - Leftovers - pork chop with peach chipotle sauce, baked potato, steamed broccoli
S - Popcorn
S - Protein shake w/ almond milk
D - Frittata w/ chicken sausage, leek, bell pepper, broccoli, zucchini, and laughing cow, with a side salad.
S - NSA Ice Cream, Roasted Pineapple

E - 60 min elliptical, 20-25 min yoga or other flexibility work.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #54  
Meg

No, no Amanda -- all the unexplained weight is gone (since it never was real) and what you see on the scale is just a little water weight from the weekend. It will be gone in no time.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #55  
No description available.

Well guys, wish me luck in Vegas! I went to the gym this am, so that was good, but I am still fighting this cold so cardio did not happen. But I thought some red chile would help clear my sinuses, which is correct, but it did not have to be eaten with eggs, potatoes and bacon. :eep: So, so far I am not doing very good and I haven't even left yet!

But I am packing my shoes and workout clothes and I will eat as clean as I can. Amanda, I'll think of you when I have my umbrella drink!

Have a great trip, Megan!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #56  
Meg

Have a wonderful time, Midwife, and remember ... what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! (does that include calories?)
Old 06-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #57  
Moderating Mama

Ooooh, can we make that a calorie rule for Vegas? They should get the tourist board on that...pronto.

Have a fabulous time, Midwife!

Meg, I'd considered that. But the weekend paella weight behaved exactly as my weight normally does when I have a more extravagant weekend - insane weight on Monday and Tuesday (I think it takes me two days to clear the water retention), incredible plunge back to normal on Wednesday. This other weird stress weight is another thing entirely.

I find it very sad that I got stress weight without actually doing any stress EATING. Because I'll tell you what, some cheesecake would go really WELL with the stress.

At least we appear to have a downward trend going now?
Old 06-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #58  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Have fun on your trips, everyone who is going this weekend! Me too, I leave for NYC Friday afternoon. My sister and I have already picked out two restaurants and a bar that are on our schedule, but Saturday will be spent at the Bronx Zoo so we'll be walking all over getting exercise. Also planning to walk the Brooklyn Bridge -- my sis walks over it to go to work every day. I haven't seen her since christmas and I know she and her GF have been trying to lose weight, so I'm excited to see her!

Food yesterday was good except for the dessert bar. Food today is good so far, although my salad for lunch has left me a little hungry. There's pizza leftovers in the breakroom but I am ignoring them and sticking with my plan to have my apple at 2:00 and my yogurt at 4:00.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #59  
Working My Way Back Down

Ah, yesterday's dinner provided at the council meeting turned out to be -pizza! I was really hungry, so I blotted and ate 2 pieces, without the fat edge of the crust. I did skip the cookies and soda, and since the rest of yesterday was pretty low, I don't think the hit is too bad.

Today:

B - 1/4 cantalope, 2 scrambled eggs, toast with whipped cream cheese,
S - 1/2 luna bar
L - Chamber of Commerce luncheon, so who knows. They usually have lots of green salad, however.
S - probably not
D - leftover chile, grapes
Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #60  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hello there fine maintainers! Long time, no speak. I hope you have all been well. There is no way that I can catch up, so I won't even attempt to.

My few days away for the holiday were just stupendous. Brutally hot, very caloric, but very enjoyable.

I definitely overdid it on the food. Especially the cheesecake. Not looking back - just ahead. Yesterday I was back home and perfectly on plan - just the way I like it.

We stayed at a good friends house. She served lots of food that she knows that I like. But.... just prepared a tad differently. For instance. She made cauliflower - smothered in a batter AND FRIED. She made butternut squash soup - browned those onions in a STICK OF BUTTER AND a TON of OLIVE OIL. She made zucchini, mushrooms, spinach and onions - again just drowned them, I mean DROWNED them in oil. She made a broccoli salad - swimming in mayonaise. Made string beans - she boiled them - for about an hour. All right at least there were no extra calories. And that's just off the top of my head.

Anyway. We are holiday free for a long stretch. I'm happy to be home and looking forward to shedding these extra lbs that I put on.

I hope everyone has a great, on plan day.
Closed Thread