3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   No Excuses Week #3 -- Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/142123-no-excuses-week-3-everyone-welcome.html)

Meg 05-12-2008 05:58 AM

No Excuses Week #3 -- Everyone Welcome!

rockinrobin 05-12-2008 08:01 AM

Week 3 already?

Meg, when we first made that pact a couple of weeks ago, who would have figured that it would turn out to be so successful for so many!!! Congrats on the weight loss.

I didn't weigh myself when we began, so I don't know the exact numbers. And I'm not sorry about it either. I know I have lost weight. My clothing was horrible on me when we began, muffin top, spillover, whatever you want to call it and now everything is loose again!!! And I am happy to report I am BELOW my redline. :woohoo:

Yesterday was fantastic - perfectly - on - plan! Just how I like it. Why don't I remember this?!?!? It feels soo good to be faced with all that food, and totally ignore it.

This week will be challenging. VERY. We are going away Friday afternoon through late Saturday night. Friday night we'll be staying with friends and it will be an eating orgy to say the least. Saturday will continue with 2, count em' 2 parties. Not only that, but I will be, *oh no* - BAKING, my BIG downfall.

My strategy: DO NOT TOUCH THE BAKED GOODS. NO BLT'S.

I think for Friday night I will stay strictly on plan. But I do plan to induldge a bit on Saturday. I really, really want to keep it to a minimum though.

Looking forward to a POP day today and for the remainder of the week.

Let's make this week another great one, shall we???

DaringDeb 05-12-2008 09:46 AM

Hello everyone! As promised last week in the maintainer's chat, I'm joining the No Excuses thread this week, and boy do I need it! DH and I were at a B&B for the weekend in the Hudson Valley celebrating our anniversary. I had planned to indulge (which is why I wasn't on this thread last week!) and I certainly did exactly that! In my meager pathetic defense, I indulged in really wonderful, homemade and / or gourmet treats - no processed junk food or stuff I could get anywhere. And I enjoyed every bite. The biggest challenge for me after a weekend like that, though, is getting right back POP - so this thread is absolutely the place for me. Off to a good start with my Kashi / Fiber One cereal mix and lots of strawberries for breakfast. Rest of the day is planned out, with my healthy snacks on my desk and a big salad planned for lunch. And if I think longingly of the B&B's homemade scones and raspberry turnovers and consider buying a cheap processed imitation, I'm just going to remember: No excuses!
Good luck everyone!

Debbie

paperclippy 05-12-2008 09:57 AM

Hello all! I'm in for my second week of no excuses. Weekend went pretty well. I ate exactly the desserts I had planned and no more. I'll be tabulating my calories on the food thread in a few minutes.

This week we had our first salad made up nearly entirely of things from our garden! We had some baby lettuce leaves and baby bok choi, plus a couple radishes (they're still a little too small, but that's okay). I also put strawberries from the store in, so it wasn't 100% from our garden, but that's okay. :D

bargoo 05-12-2008 10:08 AM

I find maintaining is a balancing act, but following the advice of those who have gone before. I can do it. I am down from 130.8 to 125.2 !! Went out to dinner for Mother's Day, too!

I am up for week 3!!

traveling michele 05-12-2008 10:23 AM

I am back and excited this week-- truly no excuses for me this week!
We went out for Mother's Day Brunch yesterday and I did indulge a bit. I skipped dinner though (just had a fiber bar and tea) and the scale seemed ok this morning.
It is also no longer Teacher Appreciation Week at school, so I have NO EXCUSES! It will be my mantra this week. One half of me is excited to eat OP and exercise and the other half of me is yelling at me to be lazy and bad-- evil split personality!

srmb60 05-12-2008 10:46 AM

I gained.

So this week ... five cardio sessions, three lifting sessions, watch those calories and salt!

mandalinn82 05-12-2008 12:26 PM

I'm back. This weekend was odd for a number of reasons but I didn't do too badly.

My life is spiraling into crazy-busy land at the moment, so thats all I have.

alinnell 05-12-2008 12:32 PM

Gah!! I've been so worried about DD fitting into her dress that I've forgotten my own goals. So here I am, less than 2 weeks from the big event, and my skirt is in the car ready to be taken to be altered--to be let out!!! Let me explain a little: I have three long black skirts. One is too short (my MIL will wear that one) and one is too shiny. The one that is perfect for my blouse is a size 8. The OLD size 8. I bought this when I weighed 128 10 years back. I can get into to it, but it is uncomfortably tight in the waist so I'm going to take it to see if they can insert a wedge of elastic in the topmost 2-3 inches of it (it won't show--my blouse will cover it). Too bad that I didn't think of this a couple of months ago. (hitting myself!) Anyway, DD fits into her dress (she had it let out as it wouldn't even zip up any longer).

Sheila53 05-12-2008 12:34 PM

I'm in this week, too. MD was a humongous food orgy, frankly, at a local winery. My exercise is going to be spotty because of some health issues, but I will be on plan for eating for the first five days of this week. And, although I'll be in Seattle for the weekend and eating out, I will make wise choices. That's what I'm shooting for--no excuses.

EofAZ 05-12-2008 05:14 PM

Well I can't say I was on plan this weekend but I was much better then past weekends so I'm feeling a little better about that. Today I have my plan all listed in Fitday, I printed a copy of it and am checking off as I work down my schedule.

I'm also thinking that on the weekends I'm going to plan on eating 200 calories more then I do during the week. I thought that might help offset my lack of control and prevent me from going off the deep end.

I plan on resistence training as soon as I get home this evening. There I put it in writing so now it must happen. Geez I can't believe as much as I like doing it that it is so hard to get my butt moving.

WaterRat 05-12-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Geez I can't believe as much as I like doing it that it is so hard to get my butt moving.
I believe it - that's me too. Sigh.

I had a good, nearly great weekend - foodwise that is. :) Sat was spot on, and yesterday, only one small slip. I feel really good about it.

Today is Monday. Mondays are my absolute busiest, craziest days at work. I am in a meeting most of the morning, and while I eat a larger than normal breakfast, I am always starving by the time we get out - having missed my morning snack. Today I had brought a salad and frozen dinner for lunch, and the latter was nasty - ewwww. When will I learn that they don't taste like the picture looks? :lol: Anyway, I got a turkey sandwich from the store,and ate half. Not as bad as it could be. Thankfully the salad - and the apple - were fine. Dinner is leftover chicken from last night.

So far I'm down 2.6 from the start, and will weigh again Wed evening.

BlueToBlue 05-12-2008 09:08 PM

I'm in for this week. Thursday is going to be a challenge. I have a business lunch scheduled where there will be no choices as to the menu; I simply have to eat what they serve. Lately, when I've had these off-plan meals, the rest of the day ends up a disaster. So the plan is to be off-plan for lunch, but to be back on plan as soon as I get home and for the rest of the day. I will be in control of what I eat, I will, I will.

Thursday is the only off-plan meal I have to worry about, so the rest of the week should be easier.

I had a moment with Peanut Butter Chex Mix over the weekend. I love that stuff and if I could just eat it in moderation, it would fit fine into my calorie plan. It was on sale and I had a coupon for it, but I just knew that if I bought it, at some point I would end up eating the whole darn bag at once. So after gazingly longingly at it and even picking up the bag, I finally just put it back on the shelf.

EZMONEY 05-12-2008 10:51 PM

Started here at 178...174 again this morning...lost that pound I gained earlier...STILL need to watch portion size! Alcohlol intake still avg. less than 2 drinks a day! Still making better choices and getting those miles in, back to work full time this week so miles will be less, but more calories burned taping drywall than reclining!

GOOD LUCK EVEYONE!

srmb60 05-13-2008 06:02 AM

Morning!

Yesterday was awesome! Cardio in the morning, weights at night and a reasonable amount of calories!