I am ashamed to admit this

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Thanks everyone so much for the support. Today is now day 4 of me being 100% smoke free. I'm very proud. Yesterday I went fishing with my sister and we normally would have smoked a bunch and since I am no longer smoking, my sister never lit a single cigarette in my presence. Then, she came and spent the night with me and never smoked. (which really helped me that she didn't tempt me). She wasn't much support with my weight loss, but she is very supportive now.
  • Good job!
  • Great job Lily! Keep it up!!! At least your sis is being supportive for this.
  • Every day is fabulous
  • Way to go, Lily!!!!
  • Wow, way to go, you're awesome!
  • 4 days. Awesome! You are and should be proud of yourself. It's great that your sister is supporting you in this. Good for you!
  • Day 5 and remaining 100% smoke-free. Yeah!
  • Lilybelle, you are my HERO and I know you can do this! I know you can!

Step away from those smokes! Hang in there!

Jay
  • You are doing great! Good for you.
  • That is so great! Did you make it to the gym?
  • Day 6, another successful smoke-free day. Yippee.

Julie, I didn't make it to the gym. Had to shopping for my DD's B-day party this weekend, take care of a ton of medical bills and insurance forms and then went fishing with DH. My schedule is very busy til after Tuesday so,don't know when or how I'll fit the gym in.

• I am just so pleased to hear this. You really are a remarkable woman.
  • I have been there, done that! I felt so ashamed - probably the most ashamed I have ever felt about anything. It is such a struggle and I am so happy for your sucess.

Why it is that we dedicated smokers get the idea that we need to be smoking again, for the umteenth time, I don't know. Why it is that we think smoking because we are mad at someone is going to fix everthing? I so understand where you are coming from.

The last time I quit, it wasn't so bad because I hadn't been smoking very long, just like you. So...after you get over the initial "hump", it may not be so difficult. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I have 14 years under my belt this time.
  • I am also a former smoker. A few times after not smoking for a long time
    I tried it again. After not smoking for a long while it nearly knocked me on my butt!!I am done !! I feel so much better and save a heck of a lot of money.