Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #76  
No description available.

I totally see Rhys out of Henry.

Henry= Ry (prounounced rhee) + an "s" sound= Rhys (I always pronounce it Reese)

Of course my kids have the most random nicknames that sort of evolved over time. DH is into the name Henry and in fact mentioned the other night that if we have another boy, we should name him Henry.

Chances of that happening? I'd wager less than 10%.

Last edited by midwife; 04-13-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #77  
Chuggin' along...

Meg, no, I usually work Monday-Friday, an even 40 hours a week. I have a big deadline this Tuesday, April 15th. Most of the time I don't have these sorts of deadlines. I tried to "get ahead" and finish things up last weekend when I was here at the office, which is when the power (and data server where all of my files are and internet) got knocked out until the past Wednesday, so that put me behind. If I'm productive today, I can make my deadline. I am pretty proud of myself of getting enough sleep, eating healthily, and sticking to my fitness routine for the past few weeks when I've been working these extra hours. I hope I'm learning to deal better w/ stress.

BF really loved his dinner last night, and I stuck to my eating plan (w/ the amendment of 2 1/2 pieces of garlic bread), then we went to a friend's party. Lasagna is not too hard for me to resist overeating, garlic bread is tough, but yeah, it would be great if BF's favorite meal were liver or tongue or something, lol. I will be forever glad he doesn't like sweets and loves carrots instead.

Midwife, is that a new picture in your avatar? I like it!

I like the name/nickname Rhys (pronounced "Reese")! I mean, it's a nickname, so I think it can be whatever you want, IMO, and it does involve a lot of the letters in "Henry" as Meg says. My friend's brother is a Jr. (or a III?) and his name is Richard, but the family calls him "Bud". Not remotely related to Richard, though I think it's a fairly common "junior" nickname.

Meg, glad you got your taxes done and are sending them off. Getting up so early is one of the only things I ever disliked about pets when I take care of them! Of course I can't blame them. Sure you can stick to your food for the day! Preparation is 9/10ths of doing. Ok, I just made that up, but prep helps a lot!

A front came through yesterday so the air is cooler and clear today. It is sunny and beautiful outside. At least I can hear the birds chirping through my windows! I will have to go home and get a nice walk in outside before it gets dark. Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #78  

Hi maintainers,

I'm very proud of myself because I did the 3FC 5k run/jog.
I also had to work at home to finish a home assignment, and I finished that first.

Megan, I hope you finish as well.

I read some very awesome posts from the others that joined the 5k event. It is amazing how versatile 5k is.

Shane - glad to see your post kiddo, I hope your insulin issues will improve.

Have a great weeken all,
Rabbit
Old 04-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the positive feedback on the name Rhys, you guys! I actually like that name more and more lately. And if I'm picking a random nickname, why not Rhys? Hank doesn't really make sense from Henry either, after all. Also, Rhys is almost like a combo of Henry and Lisa. Ok, not really, but still. The only thing I hate about it is that my boy might get annoyed explaining it all his life. I can just see him on the first day of school every year, trying to explain to his teacher that his name is Henry, yes, but she should call him Rhys. And though the pronunciation is obvious to me (Reese), other people might end up calling him Rice!

I walked 5k at a park with a friend today. Took a little over an hour. Boy, do I miss the days when I could just run and get it over with!!
Old 04-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Lisa,
I have to say that I would pronounce the name "Rice" if I didn't know-- sorry. It sounds like a great name, but as you said, he would probably always be explaining himself. I teach at a school and we have a boy named Riece and it is pronounced Reese.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Good afternoon, all!

I ran the 5K today. It was raining in the morning, which made me feel a little unmotivated, but as soon as I saw a hint of sun, I went for it and finished in 22:17 which is actually a record for me. The fastest I've ever done a 5K before was a little under 24:00 (23:5-something, I believe). Then, I went to the gym and lifted weights for awhile. I happened to encounter some strange men with gold teeth who kept standing behind me and doing absolutely nothing, along with a nerdy boy who could barely lift 50 pounds

Michele - it's official. I envy your mom! I also envy my girlfriend, who has a similar situation, though not as drastic. She also gets this gag reflex which makes her not want to eat. I (HALF) jokingly told her that I wish *I* was the one with the gag reflex, especially lately since I've been having the urge to eat anything that isn't nailed to the floor! (Aw heck, if it IS nailed to the floor, that's what the other end of the hammer is for! )

Lily - to answer your taxes question, I believe the rebate may be per *household* but I am not 100% sure. You may qualify... if you have already mailed your taxes in, then all you need to do is cross your fingers and hope. Thanks for having faith in me losing those 5 pounds and congrats for only being one pound above goal again. I also cannot begin to fathom how hard it must be to see Shane going off to Iraq so much I don't want to open a political can of worms here or anything, but I hope our troops will eventually stop needing to fight this endless war

Megan - I got yet another pair of huge fake designer shades at the Flea Market, along with another lip and labret ring, some eybrow spikes, and a whole lot of produce... the flea market here is also the farmer's market, and produce there is WAYYYY less expensive than at the grocery store.
Also, good job for staying on track despite how busy you've been. It sounds like you've been coping with the stress really well.

Lisa - I like the name Rhys, too. It's awesome.
Closed Thread