Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #91  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

I have been working out of town for 15 of the last 16 days. I got home yesterday for the week-end. I left weighing 174 and came back weighing 172

BUT WAIT I was feeling so good about NOT GAINING that last night Angie and I went for Mexican food for DATE NIGHT ...bad idea! With my "journey of better choices" I had been doing pretty good with the Mexican food, I had been going easy on the chips and splitting my meal into a dinner and lunch...NOT last night...dang! And it showed on the scale this morning...back at 174! Although it could...maybe... have something to do with my alcohol intake

I didn't get any miles in while I was gone but I did take the mutts on a 5K yesterday...I sure missed that while I was gone. Angie is training for her Camp Pendelton Mud Run so she has been taking them out on a regular basis running....sometimes they just want to go with me to STOP and smell the "neighborhood"

I hope you are all doing well ~ it looks like I will be gone all week for the next few weeks.... LUCKY YOU ...but I should be home on the week-ends....you just never know with my job....one day the job I am on is not important...the next day my boss thinks it's the ONLY job we have! I was gone for two weeks and had 4 different hotel rooms in 3 different hotels!

We are having a big party here tonight with about 16 young adults...mostly young men...to watch The Ultimate Fighting Championship. Our Vicar at church is a big fan and is coming over...He and I will be racing out of church tonight!

Have a great week-end ladies!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #92  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Kery, I'm glad you've found the intuitive eating to work out for you. I still have a hard time distinguishing between Hunger and Craving so I struggle with that concept. I think it takes a great deal of maturity to eat intuitively!

Gary, glad to hear you had such a successful trip, eating-wise. Being on the road is one of my downfalls, so I commend you for your good choices! Mexican food is incredibly salty at times, so you could be facing that issue with your scale. Back to good choices, huh?!

I got my run in this morning and am about to have my lunch before we head out to the party. Wish me luck!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #93  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Kara, I don't know if I even have maturity when it comes to food. All I know is that when my stomach is growling and generally making noises, it means hunger. (Which is somehow bothering when it happens in class and I feel like everyone is staring at me, but that's Fat Girl Thinking, and anyway it happens to the skinny ones as well. )
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

The party last night was a success and everyone had a great time. MIL was totally surprised! It was fun because we didn't do a Sweet 16 for my DD (she didn't want a party) and MIL had to wait an extra 48 years for her sweet 16, so it was worth it for her!

I had a chance yesterday to look back at my weight. I left for SLC at 145.5 and returned at 146 so that was good. This morning I'm up, but that's from the party--I didn't over eat, but I did have a few chips and guacamole and queso dips (and of course the margaritas with salt). At the rate I'm going, I probably won't make goal by my birthday, but I'm hoping for at least 140 by then. We'll see. I'm back on the diet/exercise wagon with a vengeance (as I sit here with my water).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #95  
Meg

Allison, it sounds like a great party and how cool that it was a surprise! I may get to go to FL next month for a weekend, so I'm joining you on the diet/exercise wagon. We can do it!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #96  
Visualizing the Goal

Meg, we should co-ordinate our Florida trips so we can meet up on the beach!

Allison, I'm glad your party went well!

Kery, I took my Master's in Deaf Education at Gallaudet University in D.C., which means that I was in the maybe 10% or so of the school who was hearing. One of my professors was SO surprised when I told her I could hear her belly grumbling! She didn't know it actually made an audible noise!

Well, HURDLE #2 IS CLEARED! The party for my niece was really fun, and I kept my grubby little fingers off of the food table (even though I was stuck next to it for about an hour, chatting with someone - torture - right next to the garlic dip that smelled SO good!). I did have my little piece of cake, but I am right on track with my dinner, and I even got in a half hour exercise video when I got home. I'm feeling empowered. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't awful either.

Kara
Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 AM   #97  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

A happy Sunday to all of you.

Allison, I think that is MARVELOUS - to return from a trip at a measly 1/2 lb up. Gosh, I would LOVE to say that. The party sounds like it was quite the success. How lovely.

Kara - for getting past hurdle #2, I KNEW you would do it!

Kery, I'm so glad to hear that things are looking better for you. I give you mucho, mucho credit for workin' the intutitive eating thing.

Well, Saturday night has come and gone. Til everyone moved themselves, it was quite late and with no real plan in tact, other then my friends just wanting to go to eat out and drink, I convinced them to just come over to my house (luckily all my kids were out for the evening) and we'll rent a movie. So that's what we did. But of course, they all wanted to eat while watching the movie. Soooo, I cut up 3 different salads - tomato and red onion, cucumber salad and a huge gigantic romaine hearts/veggie salad. While my friend and I were cutting up the salads, I sent my DH and hers to one of our local restaurants around here to buy a bunch of grilled chicken cutlets. Of course, the men felt the need to get some grilled steaks as well . I put out salsa as salad "dressing". I stuck to the chicken and the salads. The meal was a BIG hit. The movie - eh. I didn't love it - Hairspray. But I sure LOVED that I didn't go overboard at all yesterday.

So, I am easing my way back down towards my red line.

I am headed out in a bit to restock my house. I went through lots and lots of salad essentials last night. It was so cool that I had sooo much produce in the house to make all those salads, last minute.

Have a great day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #98  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Happy March everyone!

Robin - wow, good for you on the salads. Isn't it so much easier to stay in control when you're in your own home. And everyone loved them so that's great.

Kara - sounds like you too managed to stay in control.

Yesterday wasn't the best food day for me. Not sure why...I was just hungry all day. I'm trying to be better today to ensure that I continue to stay below my red line. I saw 128.5 this week but I'm sure that's gone now I would really love to see 125 sometime this spring. I wonder if it's possible!

elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #99  
Visualizing the Goal

Robin, you rock! Thanks for believing in me!

Elisa, sometimes when you're hungry, you just have to make good, satiating food choices. There are always those days!

Off to church with the lot of us. I'll check back in later.

Kara
Old 03-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #100  
Visualizing the Goal

Folks, I have got a CASE of The Munchies tonight something awful! I've been on plan all day. Dinner is finished. I was going to have a cup of tea tonight but I don't think I trust myself to go into the kitchen and come out without chocolate! No more calories left for the day so I just can't chance it. Easier to draw the line at the kitchen door instead of fighting with myself once I get in there.

This always happens to me at 134 pounds. It's like my body fights me to get under that one, and then once I do I'm fine. But it's two or three days of struggle. Weird.

I should use this as motivation to make 133 my new red line! Then I wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense!!!

Kara
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #101  
Visualizing the Goal

Made it. It's 10:17 and I'm going to bed. No after-dinner snacking! Go purple-jumping-up-and-down smiley, go!

Kara
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Congrats Kara! You're a champ.

to all.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, good news! My half pound gain (which was followed by the temporary salt 2 pound gain from the party) ended up with a 1.5 pound loss! I was 145 this morning (still too high to be able to make goal by mid March, but that's okay). DH has lost another half pound. I don't know where DD is, but she continues to ask for salads for lunch and is eating small portions for dinner so hopefully her dress fitting will go well in a couple of weeks.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #104  
Working My Way Back Down

Good job, Kara! It's a hard thing that "come on in" con-man that lives in the kitchen after dinner. My kitchen and living room are open to each other, and find I have to come downstairs to my computer or sewing machine to avoid him (luckily I have a TV down here too!)

Yay! Alison. I almost never weigh myself until 2 or 3 days when I get home from a trip. Most of mine involve 6+ hours of flying, and no matter how much water I drink I always seem to retain it for a few days.

We had a lovely day here. DH was out hiking for a couple of hours, and came home and laid down on the couch and he and the cats are still there over an hour later! He ate lunch out with some people from church, and is now complaining of an upset stomach. His words of wisdom were: "If you go to a steak and burger place, don't order the oyster stew!" Hope he feels better soon. He already declined any dinner, so instead of the salmon I baked, I'll have some leftovers, and save the salmon for tomorrow. It'll be fine. Luckily I hadn't started any veggies, or salad. I am making some chicken veggie soup for the week's lunches though. Sure smells good!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote