Go to
  • Spinach Artichoke Soup
    Spinach Artichoke Soup

6 to 8 servings (about 1.5 c/serving)

Ingredients

1/2 c. diced onions
    3 garlic cloves minced
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
    1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained and roughly chopped
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1⁄2 cup dry white wine
    32oz chicken broth (I used fat free, reduced sodium)
    1 12oz can evaporated milk (I used fat free)
    8oz fresh spinach, roughly chopped
    2/3 cup grated Parmesan
    Salt and black pepper to taste
    1/2 block (4 oz) of cream cheese (optional) (I used fat free)

To make

Sauté onions and garlic in oil in a large soup pot over medium heat until onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
    Add artichokes; sauté 2 minutes
    Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continually
    Deglaze pot with wine and simmer until nearly evaporated, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pot.
    Stir in broth and chicken and bring to a boil.
    Reduce heat to low, add the milk, spinach and Parmesan, and stir until spinach wilts taking care not to boil soup. Add cream cheese and stir until fully melted...if you want a lighter soup, you can leave the cream cheese out.
    Season soup with salt and pepper to taste before serving.

Calories are about 1735 for the whole batch, so 217 per serving (if 8 servings). If you want larger servings (6 servings) you still won't break the bank at about 290 per serving.
  • Stuffed Pork Chops (or pork loin or chicken breasts)
    I made this one up myself! It feels indulgent without actually being bad at all, is easy and fast, at least for prep time, and gets the BF stamp of approval.

Stuffed Pork Chops
    Butterflied, boneless center cut pork chops. Or thick pork chops, sliced down one side to make a pocket/sort of butterfly them yourself.
    A few Tbsp of store bought or homemade pesto.
    About 1/2 oz of crumbled feta cheese per pork chop. (I'm sure you could sub other cheeses.)
    A tsp or 2 of oil, salt, and pepper.

Spread or stuff about 1 T pesto in the center of each pork chop, add the feta cheese, and close the chops if using the butterflied ones. I also lightly coat the outside of each chop with oil. I use EVOO in my Misto to just give each side a quick spritz, give the outside a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and sometimes will add a sprinkle of other seasonings like garlic powder or rosemary. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops. This could easily be adapted for pork loin or used to stuff chicken, too.
  • Thanks to all of you, for giving these tips....
  • Healthified Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
    I made Allison's Spinach Artichoke Soup that's about two posts up, and it was really good! It's got me thinking that a little white wine in the recipe below might put it over the top. This recipe has a similar base.

I made this soup the other day. It was really easy and fast, and is much lighter than a normal chowder type soup. (I also learned if I call anything "chowder" instead of soup BF will love it - actual content doesn't matter.) We're already also thinking how we can use the base and make different things. We're thinking shrimp, onion, potato, and corn chowder will be next.

Healthified Broccoli Cheddar Soup - from Food Network Kitchens
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...ipe/index.html
    Ingredients

1 bunch broccoli
    1 small onion, finely chopped
    1 medium red-skinned potato, diced
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
    1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    1 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    One 12-ounce can fat-free evaporated milk
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    2 scallions, thinly sliced

Directions

Separate the stems and the florets from the broccoli. Trim and discard the bottom of the broccoli stems and peel the tough outer layers. Finely chop the stems and coarsely chop the florets and set aside separately.

Mist a large pot with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the broccoli stems, onions and potatoes and cook, stirring, until softened, 7 to 10 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Stir in the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and the vegetables are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the reserved florets and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and continue to steam until the florets are bright green and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the entire contents of the pot with the florets to the soup along with the nutmeg. Stir to combine and remove from the heat. Stir in the Cheddar, Worcestershire and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with the scallions.

Cook's Note: Leftover soup should be reheated in the microwave rather than the stovetop, where the cheese will "break" or separate from the broth.

Per serving: Calories: 230; Total Fat 8 grams; Saturated Fat: 4.5 grams; Protein: 16 grams; Total carbohydrates: 26 grams; Sugar: 10 grams Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 20 milligrams; Sodium: 360 milligrams
  • I know a good Recipe Blog
    Many interesting recipes there...
    Try
  • 1 cup boiled rice
    1/2 kg boneless chicken marinated with soya sauce, salt, black pepper, lemon and chinese salt
    1/2 cup capscicum 1/2 cup green onion , 1/2 cup boiled carrots
    To saute the chicken in onion and sprinkle of paprika
    Add black cloves and black seeds if want in boiled rice
    Fill the whole plate and have the meal with mint lemon. Very fulfilled. Good to cure diarrhea too.
  • do this reciepes promote weight loss