Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-16-2007, 01:45 AM   #76  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Goodmorning maintainers. (Yes, I've fallen out of bed before 8 am on a Sunday. That's the way of my world.)

Shane - Not getting hurt must've been the result of all those weight-lifting and fitness sessions.

Meg - Good job. And maybe you indeed do'nt want a cookie. I'm currently having a similar problem with cookies in my bag (they're for bringing at friends'), but I'm holding good. At least they're out of sight.

So far so good in terms of eating and exercising for me. It doesn't help that the tempertaure has gone down by about 8°C and I'm seriously cold all the time, which triggers hunger, but I've been able to manage around that. And in spite of being quite tired due to that, I still went to my two end-of-the-week weight lifting sessions. Not because I "had to" to lose weight, but because I... uh... like it. (Boy, it's weird having to admit that! I used to be such a couch potato!)

Anyway, now time for breakfast (proteins, yumm), then back to revising and to some cardio. Glee.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:39 AM   #77  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Shane, I don't know what to say. That is too odd. Just too odd. I feel bad though, that I disappeared so quickly. I would have liked a hug too. Okay, now I'm feeling bad about not getting a hug in a dream, talk about odd - and addicted .

Hello to the rest of the gang. And I knew you guys could relate to my disasterous weekend last week. So far this one is much, MUCH better. Which is not all that difficult to accomplish, given that last weeks was sooo bad. Just gotta get through today.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:03 AM   #78  
Meg

Here ya go, Robin, a hug for you. One day at a time for all of us, chickie, and I have NO doubts that you can do it!!

WonderWoman Shane, you have the most vivid imagination! I think your dream means ... I think it means ... that we all have to get together and meet in real life some time!

Kery, stay strong against those cookies. : I've been thinking about what I wrote about not wanting the cookies (that are still sitting ten feet away from me at the moment). It's not that I don't want to eat cookies because I DO -- I love cookies and I'm also hungry at the moment. I just don't want all the baggage that comes with eating cookies, most notably weight gain, but also that dreadful feeling of loss of control, and guilt, and the fear of gaining all the weight back. In the end, it's just not worth eating the cookies. I guess they have too big of a price tag, if that makes any sense at all.

And after such deep ruminations about cookies, it's time for egg whites and oatmeal.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:31 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

I have no regrets about the cookies or the disarronno I had yesterday (almost none). We had a lovely celebration with our kids. The deep fried turkey was great and I have leftovers.

I think we're pretty much snowed in around here. Every road out of town is closed. Church should be quiet. I think I can get away with jeans and a sweater
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Shane, I love your dream! I think Meg's right, that it means we should all get together some day and meet in real life!

Meg, I understand EXACTLY what you mean about those cookies having too high a price tag. All the food I ate yesterday had too high a price tag, and I'm paying the price today. My scale said 166 and I feel VERY icky. Plus, it's raining outside and probably will all day, so I can't run. This is why I desperately need a treadmill. I may do a workout video, but it's hard to find something that can compare to a good run, especially a good long Sunday run!

I suppose I'll just take it easy today -- do a bit of schoolwork and just hang out with my husband. I need to get my Christmas tree up, though!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:41 AM   #81  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Shane, that was just quite a dream.

My yucky congestion crud is even worse today. I've had to keep taking Shelbey to and from work and everytime I get out in the 20 degree weather, I cough for about an hour afterwards. I can't seem to keep any food or liquids down due to the cough. I am totally miserable and if it doesn't let up soon, I may need to think about buying some Depends. I'm using cough syrup but can't seem to keep it down either. I think the going outside last night after midnight to unplug all the garden hoses from the faucets really did me in. (of course DH called and asked me to do this several days ago and I just now remembered it).

In good news, Molly seems to be doing well this morning.

It is still 20 degrees here but the snow didn't accumulate much. I'm thinkin a hot pot of home-made stew sounds good for dinner. It's weird that even when I'm sick, I still think about food. yuck.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Hah, we all DO need to get together and meet in person one day! I'm so, so pathetically addicted to this site... as if my dream didn't indicate that enough already!

My parents shipped me a box of... Christmas goodies. They've been harder to resist than I thought they would, but at least I'm not binging on them.

I also found out the job I really wanted was in the wastewater department. According to someone who works for the human resources department, this means I'll be right next to a wastewater plant, which means that at the end of the day, I'll come home smelling like poopy crap! I hope the other jobs come through sooner, because I WILL still take the poopy crap job if it's offered to me...

Robin - I would have given you a hug if you stuck around! HERE! There's an eHug! And if I ever meet you and Meg at the same time, I'll give you a hug first since my dream left you out

I'm off to go run the stadium stairs.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #83  
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post

Robin - I would have given you a hug if you stuck around! HERE! There's an eHug! And if I ever meet you and Meg at the same time, I'll give you a hug first since my dream left you out
Robin's gonna have to fight me for you! (kidding! but you'd probably get hugged to death at a Maintainers reunion)

When I worked at Domino's, I'd come home at night smelling like pepperoni. Seriously, dogs would follow me while I walked home. I'm not sure that's as bad as poopy crap though. that something better comes along first.

Lily, that cough sounds absolutely dreadful. Please try to stay inside as much as possible! Stew sounds marvelous and I'm never too sick to think about food, so you're not weird.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #84  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
Hah, we all DO need to get together and meet in person one day!

I'm off to go run the stadium stairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Robin's gonna have to fight me for you! (kidding! but you'd probably get hugged to death at a Maintainers reunion)
Ladies, ladies. No need to fight . We can all hug one another simultaneously. Now that REALLY would be a dream.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone!

I've walked into a lovefest! Here's a hug from me, too:

I'm still struggling with my eating a little bit. No idea why. I've been exercising extra to make up for it, and to try to lose a little bit, but the words 'exercise bulimic' keep running through my head, which I find disconcerting. What happened to my healthy attitude and disciplined approach to eating???!! I have no idea what's going on, and the more confused I feel, the more mistakes I make with my eating. Perhaps I should unrestrict my calories for a bit to maintenance level just to find my mental and emotional equilibrium.

Hope everyone is very virtuous and resisting the cookies!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #86  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Meg -- That's so right. I'm definitely not eager about the whole baggage coming with overeating in general, especially when it's on unhealthy foods. I wouldn't say I feel guilty per se, but it's just... not worth it. Besides, the side-effects on my body are so awful, come to think of it, that even without the weight gain, I wouldn't wish them on anyone. (Oh yes, I didn't touch the cookies in my bag. And in all honesty? Neither did I feel like doing it, whatever the result, the feeling, the taste. I suppose that my tasty lunch and breakfast with herbs and eggs and proteins a go-go was was just so much better in my mouth that I didn't crave anything else. )

And when I worked at McDonald's, I smelt like crap as well. I mean, French fries. Seriously, the smell of cold McDo 'food' has something very... icky to it. I can't exactly pinpoint what, it's just icky. (Also, I discovered that preparing fries while wearing contacts was big mistake. I felt like my contacts were glued to my eyes because of the heat and greasy matter all around me.)

Overall, things are weird here. I think I'm back into some kind of "just do it" mindset, which I won't complain about. If I can keep it during Christmas food fest, it'll be all good. Although I first have to persuade my parents that they can have a "traditional" meal and that green beans and salad on the side won't detract from it.

Last edited by Kery; 12-16-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

FINE, Meg and Robin, I'll give you BOTH a hug at the same time! I have a 67" arm span and neither of you is very big
I'd get hugged to death, eh? am I that huggable? or is everyone here in maintainers just on hippie crack? <---Just kidding - I am a hugger myself

Here's a for Baffled and for Kery and a for everyone else who has entered the hugfest!

Meg, I don't think pepperoni smells bad, BUT I know when you are around something all the time, it really starts to lose its appeal. For instance, when I was 16, I worked at a movie theater and was around popcorn all day. Before the theater opened, we had to pop some popcorn and stick it in bags for the early customers. During the day, we had access to as much popcorn as we wanted. We could also make slushies, smoothies, and coffee drinks.

By the time I was done with that job (it only lasted two months because I hated it), I completely lost my appetite for popcorn and all frozen drinks. I've re-gained this appetite since, as that job was over 5 years ago.

I still hate movie theater "butter" because I know it's grease in a bottle

baffled, I think maybe you are just overanalyzing the situation. it's easy to do. I agree that you should, as you put it, unrestrict your calories for a bit to maintenance level just to find your mental and emotional equilibrium.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I think we all just need one big group hug!

I'm supposed to be back on plan today and so far I'm ok but I'm STARVING because I just ran 8 miles. I just had some chocolate milk (the world's best drink for after a long run, by the way), so I'm ok for now, but I know my stomach's going to start yelling at me in a bit. I'm just glad I got a decent run in today since it stopped raining. Now I want it to start raining again and then freeze so I can have tomorrow off!! But that's not supposed to happen according to weather reports. Guess I'd better make some plans for my classes tomorrow. Midterm exams start Tuesday, so tomorrow's just an extra day and I'll just review with them. Blah.

Hey, the Survivor finale is on tonight -- woohoo! Yes, I still watch cheesy reality shows sometimes...
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #89  

Hi maintainers,

Just popping in to say I'm still here! Last week was bad, I was extremely tired due to some mental disturbances wrt job interviews & XH and x-in-laws behaviour to DS and DD, so I ate badly, drank too much, and only got in 3 hours of exercise. just too tired to bike.

BUT I've decided that the best start is today, so I've recommitted myself to some restraint. There is no need to slide further during the christmas holiday, no need to wait for the 2nd week of january to start again. And I bikes to work and back today to prove it.

Hugs to everyone,

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote