Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I can resist almost everything - except cheesy biscuits from Red Lobster. They are sooo good.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #32  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Meg - we want pictures! We're so happy your whole family had a wonderful day (week). Where's your DD and SIL honeymooning?

My immediate family got together for T-Day for the first time since my brother's wedding 5 years ago. We had 2 more members - my sister's signifigant other and my brother's 2 1/2 month old son - bring us to a total of 9.

My mind's been talking myself into late night eating too many times lately and my weight went up 4 lbs over goal. So I cut back to only eating when I was hungry and the weight thankfully came right off.

We stayed far-far away from the stores this weekend. Each time we heard the ad for Kohl's opening at 4 am, DH said, "Let's get jobs there!" Imagine the poor workers who have to show up in the middle of the night so that the stores can open at 4.

Today, I went to the store and bought a whole lot of healthy foods and only one snack item. I found that Pop-Secret now has single serving 100 calorie popcorn. Otherwise I eat the whole 3 serving bag myself.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:01 AM   #33  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks ladies for the thoughts on my son's breakup. That is what I thought too. Plus, it's better he recognized it now and gave them both some freedom instead of dragging it along. He seemed happier this evening and went to his boxing class and to work out at the gym.

I'm happy to report that I made it 1.5 miles on my treadmill tonite before the cough took over and I had to quit. After no workout for a couple weeks, even that 1.5 miles kicked my butt. It's amazing how quick I get out of shape when I can't exercise.

Count me in on having a hard time resisting those cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster.

Last edited by lilybelle; 11-28-2007 at 01:03 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:54 AM   #34  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Carolyn- I love the 100-cal popcorn packs. They're SUPER popular at my office. I have one almost every afternoon...I should probably cut back!

Meg--Thats why I broke up with E...He was ready for marriage and I was like WOAH!!! I've only been out of college 4 months(at the time)...I'm only 23!! I was thinking I could just take some time to myself...he just didn't want to wait. Now with J...we broke up 2 years ago because we were 20 and couldn't handle long distance...But we've always wondered "what if" and this may be our chance. But right now, we're just enjoying talking to each other and not feeling guilty(he just broke up w/a gf of over 2 years back in August).

My eating has been good this week..I made a great dish from the December Cooking Light...it has sausage and pasta and tomatoes. Very much a cold weather dish! I've been eating left overs for lunch.

Anyone watch Charlie Brown Christmas last night? Its my favorite Christmas special(well, besides Christmas Vacation....) Christmastime is here!!

Have a great day!
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #35  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

You guys, you are making me so hungry for cheesy biscuits from Red Lobster. I have gone to that restaurant many time specifically for those biscuits!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Hey everyone !

MMMM YES I am hungry for those delicious cheesy biscuits. Did ya'll know just one of them has 160 calories and 9 grams of fat? I never eat just one, do you?

I bought some protein powder (Designer Whey Cookies 'n Cream) the other day because protein helps build muscles, specifically abs. I must say that it tastes like BUTT no matter WHAT I do to it, but it's swallow-able when blended with vanilla yogurt. I like the Myoplex protein shakes much better, but they get expensive. Do any of ya'll do protein powder? shakes? anything like it?

Speaking of yogurt, Publix has come out with lowfat eggnog yogurt for the holidays. It is DELICIOUS

Oh. Count me in as one of the fluctuators (is that even a word? No. It's not. I'm quite sure of it - oh well!). I woke up weighing 134 one day and went to bed 141, to wake up 137, then wake up 140, then back down to 134. My weight usually only fluctuates this much when I'm eating off plan and not drinking enough water, though. I've been back on track the last couple days... it's HARD to start eating healthy again after 3-4 days of unhealthy choices.

DG and Carolyn - I LOOOOVE those 100 calorie popcorn bags, too, and am amazed at how much popcorn is actually in one bag. I, too, end up eating the entire 3-serving bag myself if I don't have restrictions... I guess it's my fat brain talking.

paperclippy - I used to go to Red Lobster just for the biscuits, too! I'd go with a few friends and we would order water and something small, then we'd just eat the biscuits. My GF thinks this is "ghetto" and wouldn't do it but neither would I now... it's fattening

Megan - YAY, your surgery is tomorrow, right? Awesome! @ lovely lady hump... but shouldn't it be lump? Or are you making your own special rendition? either way, I know you're excited to have it gone so that you can work out intensely again.

Allison - good to hear that your sister will most likely come out of everything alright! You are lucky to have a dog who will run with you. Really. I tried to make my dog run, but it didn't work out so well: first, he barked at me, then he just sat down!

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 11-28-2007 at 09:36 AM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone

I don't have much to say for myself today, but I wanted to pop in and say hi.

It's sooooo cold here at the moment. I keep oversleeping in the morning and missing my exercise date. It sucks.

Happy Hump-Day!

Last edited by baffled111; 11-28-2007 at 11:52 AM.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 AM   #38  
Carolyn

Shane - No matter how much popcorn or chips I eat, I never ever feel full. They're definitly on my trigger list along with peanuts, peanut butter, and cheese. Do we see a salty trend?

BTW, laughed when I read about your dog refusing to run with you. I take my cat for walks on her leash and harness, but we always have to go in the direction that she wants to. Sometimes with stroll, sometimes we have to stop and sniff EVERYTHING and eat a few flower leaves or blades of grass, and sometimes we have to sprint here and then there.

Eggnog Yogurt!! Wish we had a Publix up here. There's now a Lactose free eggnog available. I usually buy it to have one small glass of it - it's sooo rich - and then it stays in the refridgerator till it's spoiled. DH never seems to be interested in it. Growing up, we'd have a glass of it after Christmas Eve service while my Dad read The Night Before Christmas.

Speaking of that book. We're going to a party next weekend where we have to dress as some aspect of the book. I'll probably go as a Sugar Plum Fairy. I have this great deep plum sweater and matching skirt. Now, all I have to do is make some purple fairy wings. There will probably be several other SPF's so we could all come up with a dance to do. For DH, I'll sew some of our stuffed felt raindeer Christmas decorations to the shoulders of his brown sweater.

Another thought I had was to go as a thistle wearing a whistle, as in "He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, And away they all flew like the down of a thistle", because one of my high school friends is Thistle (it was her mother's maiden name) and she can't whistle. But she lives in Maryland now and won't be at the party. I have this great deep plum sweater and matching skirt. Now, all I have to do is make some purple fairy wings.

Lily - isn't that the same girlfriend who wasn't treating your son right? Bet you're a little releaved. Also, glad to hear he isn't leaving until February since you thought he'd be shipped out by this past September.

Megan - well wishes that everything goes smoothly for your surgery and recovery.

Allison - glad to hear the good report on your sister.

Meg - where are those wedding photos???

Glory, Shane, Lily - I've never had a cheesy biscuit so now I know not to even try one. Just like I've never tried a Krispy Kreme. I knew I'd like it too much to stop at just one.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:57 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thank goodness we don't have a Red Lobster here!!!

Yes, I watched the Charlie Brown Christmas last night! It's a favorite from childhood, BUT the best Christmas animated story is "A Wish For Wings That Work" (an Opus Christmas by Berkely Breathed)--I just love that one! Well, I also like the claymation Rudolph one, too.

My eating has been spot on for the past two days, but my weight went up again. This is getting bad. I can't wait for my folks to go home so DH and I can go sign up at the gym! He agreed we'd go Sunday to start our free month. I know that more exercise is what I need--the 3 run days a week just aren't cutting it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #40  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, I really slept in this morning. Now, I'm trying to warm up with my second cup of coffee.

I also buy those 100 cal. bags of popcorn. I made some 2 nights ago for DH and he ate 3 bags plus put melted butter and a ton of salt on his.

My step-daughter Shelbey has decided 4 days ago to become vegetarian. She hasn't eaten any meat. She is trying to lose weight and keeps telling me that meat is fattening. I told her that she should try giving up the Reese's cups and Dove candy bars instead of the protein. She kept begging me to take her to get more candy and Dr. Pepper last night, but I refused.

Lol, my son told me last night that when he does ever marry that he wants to find someone like ME. He said someone that "loves to fish, hunt,go camping, sing karaoke, garden , cooks great, looks great, has a sense of humor and has intelligence". I guess this is a pretty great compliment coming from my 21 yr. old son. I think he should let me pick his next girlfriend. LOL.

Shane, I've been intending to try the protein shakes but I've not done it yet. I'm afraid they might taste yucky. I could also make a total meal off just those cheesy biscuits and a salad at Red Lobster. At Outback Steakhouse, I love their bread and the Bloomin Onion. Even if I do share a bloomin onion, I still order a meal just so I don't look too cheap. But, I package my meal to take home and let my kids eat it.

My most sinful food in the world is the Chocolate Wave cake with ice cream at Red Lobster. I love it and when we have ordered it to share, DH eats about 3 bites and I eat the rest of it. It's actually a good thing I'm allergic to seafood so we don't eat at Red Lobster but maybe once or twice a yr.

Dawg, we always watch Christmas Vacation every year at this time. I love it.

Carolyn, yes that was the same girlfriend that was talking down to my son. I am a little relieved and very glad that I kept my mouth shut and let him learn for himself that she wasn't right for him. As far as his deployment, he was put on Alert back in September that his unit was going to be being deployed. He now has the specific orders that say February 9th to Bagdhad for 465 days.

Last edited by lilybelle; 11-28-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 PM   #41  
Carolyn

Lily - 465 days! that's 465 days too long! Such a large number.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Ok, you guys are seriously making me crave those damn cheesy biscuits. I was just thinking about a week ago that I hadn't been to Red Lobster in ages. They're not worth it, they're not worth it!! Ack! Evil cheesy biscuits!

I don't have time to say much, except that (once again) my students are really working my nerves today. I don't know what's gotten into them lately. I guess they're ready for Christmas break, as I am, but we have 3 1/2 weeks left and I'm still trying to get them through Julius Caesar!!

I can't exercise today because of an after-school academic competition (I coach the English team) and that sucks. Planning a six-mile run tomorrow, though. I just have to resist the snacks at the competition -- we always have little brownies and chips and cupcakes and all that craziness. I'm not even going to LOOK at the snack table tonight. Not with this extra Thanksgiving poundage still hanging on! I actually looked in the mirror and thought I looked disgustingly fat this morning. That's not good.

Last edited by LisaMarie71; 11-28-2007 at 01:10 PM.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #43  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Lily - 465 days!! OMG! That is so long.

Carolyn - LOL about the sugar plum fairies . . . when I was a kid (like 5 years old) I took ballet lessons, and I have distinct memories of doing a dance to the "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies."

Shane - Eggnog yogurt! Mmmmmmmm.... I actually haven't been to Red Lobster in probably two+ years or so. We used to not live anywhere near one, and since moving to Indy I haven't actually looked up where the nearest one is, although I do see their ads on TV.

This weekend we are going to our first meeting of a dinner club group. I signed up to bring the dessert (tiramisu trifle, let's hope I can restrain myself). I hope it goes okay -- meeting new people is really hard. We've been in Indy for a year and a half now and still don't really have any non-family members I would call friends. Then again I lived in Providence for two years and didn't make any friends. The hardest part is when I meet people who I seem to get along with, I will contact them afterward and we'll hang out maybe one more time, then I always kind of assume the ball is in their court, and I never hear from them again. I am hoping for good results from the dinner club since it is new enough that the other people don't know each other either. We tried a walking and hiking group, but it was the same people every time who were all friends with each other and kind of weird. Our neighbors aren't interested in being friendly with us because they all have young kids and we don't.

Today is my two-year maintenance anniversary. I was going to make a separate thread about it, but it turns out I don't actually have much to say. Maintaining this year was much harder than last year. Today I am 138.6 lbs and I would really like to be 130 again. I have gotten into the habit of allowing myself more junk food than I used to and I am sure it is partly responsible for the gain. I know I need to cut back but it is SO HARD. Like I've said before, my brain is somehow miswired to think that if I eat more dessert, all of life's problems will just go away.

At least there is some good news . . . my knees haven't been hurting much lately. Plus I got a recommendation from DH's aunt for a new doctor, and she is actually covered by my insurance. I'm a little uncertain of how to sign up with a new doctor when there isn't anything immediately wrong with me, and I'm not due for any annual tests until March, but I guess I will figure something out.

In any case, even though I am up from what I weighed two years ago, at least I'm still down from what I weighed three years ago, right?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
Today is my two-year maintenance anniversary. I was going to make a separate thread about it, but it turns out I don't actually have much to say.
Well, I have something to say -- CONGRATULATIONS!!! You ROCK! Maintaining for two years is an incredible, inspiring thing!!

LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #45  
lilybelle

Jessica, Big Congrat's on the 2 yrs. That is fantastic. You have done great. I'm at 16 months now of maintenance and I also range 5-7 lbs. above my goal sometimes. But, it still means we have kept off a lot of weight and should be very proud of that.

Yes, anticipating the 465 days that my son will be gone seems like a lifetime. I don't know how I'll make it through this. I just pray for his safety. I know he will have some internet access and plan to keep in touch as much as will be possible. We're having a huge going away party for him on Feb. 2nd, this is going to be probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

I know this is absolutely crazy thinking, but I keep buying a lotto ticket each week hoping to win so I can buy out his Army contract. I do know of others that have bought out their contract for $400,000 , the amt. of their life insurance. Of course, he says he wouldn't let me do it anyway. He plans to re-enlist during his deployment.

Last edited by lilybelle; 11-28-2007 at 03:31 PM.