Old 11-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Oh, but bargoo, you are so SO close! You have every right to be victory dancing
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

bargoo, you're in the 120s -- that's fabulous!!

Shane, that energy drink is pretty hilarious. And I'm cracking up at Jay's recycling idea!

Gary, the 160s, way to go!!

Meg, it sounds like the wedding will be truly beautiful. Enjoy yourself! But congratulations on not enjoying those chocolates -- you're a stronger woman than I! I've been munching too much this week, and I really should be cutting back to prepare for Thanksgiving!!

Kery, I'm so sorry about what you're going through with your mom. Please keep us posted so we can keep you and your mom in our thoughts and prayers.

Allison, please keep us posted about your sister as well. I hope everything works out ok. I always wonder if I'll have problems with the 12 screws and the plate that are in my ankle, but I don't have the JD situation to worry about, thank God. It's just so weird to have that metal in there anyway -- I'm so sorry that it's causing her a problem so many years later.

It's still a sad environment here because of the young girl who passed away. It's kind of a funky day because kids are already down because of that and the classes are shortened because we get out early, so we're pretty much getting nothing done. I'm perfectly ok with that, though. I should probably stop posting, however, and finish grading these essays so I don't have to take them out of town with me! Eek!

Make me stop munching, by the way. I haven't been doing HORRIBLY, but I haven't been doing great the last couple of days. And I'm going to my mom's -- that's always tough on the old calorie limit. Sigh...

Oh! I ran with some girls yesterday and then I put them through a few ab exercises -- they want me to work out with them a few times a week. They're not on my cross country team -- just random girls who want to get in shape. It was fun! The only problem is that it forced me to run only 2 miles instead of my scheduled 7...
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:14 AM   #48  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Shane and Jay - You guys are hilarious!

Kery - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you get some good news soon.

Allison - I hope your sister gets good news from the docs instead of bad news!

Meg - Ooh, the reception room sounds gorgeous! Have fun!!

Ennay - Great job with four days in a row!!

I pulled out my old scale this morning (the one that I officially hit goal on) and I am at 135 on that scale (137 on my new one). I know I need to be patient, but I'm getting really frustrated. I have been trying really hard, hitting the gym, not taking seconds at dinnertime, and I have nothing to show for it. My two-year maintenance anniversary is coming up in a week and I'm really upset that I've gained. Especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up -- I had hoped to lose the wedding weight before gaining the holiday weight. Ugh!

In other news, I've been having fun trying out new fitness DVDs. Yesterday we did pilates and tai chi and I tried a little bit of my latin dance DVD. The biggest problem with doing workout DVDs with DH is that he is kind of uncoordinated. He was able to follow along with Tae Bo OK, and in the past he's done Gilad's workouts, but he got really frustrated with tai chi ("Isn't tai chi supposed to be relaxing? It's too stressful because I can't coordinate that many movements at once!"). I think it just needs practice, like patting your head and rubbing your stomach, but I can't do it at my pace if I have to slow everything down for him, and I don't think he should even attempt the latin dance DVD. We only have one TV so it's not like we can each do our own workout. Maybe tonight I'll tell him that I'll do mine first, and he can do his while I'm cooking stuff for tomorrow.

For some reason this brings back memories of doing Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" tapes (and Jane Fonda tapes!) with my mom when I was like 8. Haha, when I was a kid I had no idea Jane Fonda had ever been anything but an exercise instructor!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #49  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

5 days!!!!

Meg it sounds like you are having a great time! Yup, just do what you can do, and dont sweat the restaurant meals.

Bargoo!

Shane snort

Jay - recycling snort

I swear all of you need to get your minds out of the gutter
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #50  
Working My Way Back Down

Wow, miss a day and it takes forever to catch up.

Sheila - It was the Columbia Gorge Hotel http://columbiagorgehotel.com/ It was one of my favorite T'day dinners. My best friend retired 4 years ago to Central Oregon (Terrebonne) and I've been there about a dozen times - I love the area in all seasons but high summer - way too hot!

Send prayers and good thoughts for Kery's Mom and Allison's sister.

We had a 4 hour budget meeting with the city council last night It's quite contentious because the new city manager wants to rearrange the departments, raise police salaries and add several new positions. My "sphere of influence" will change from just the library to a new dept - Community Services, and I finally found out comes with a $3/hr pay increase - whew. We'll see if all this passes. By code the budget must be accepted by 12/11, so I see a few more long meetings in the offing.

We're have dinner at church tomorrow. I'm making an apple pie, and buying a pumpkin one. In addition, I've signed up to bring rolls. I'm still debating whether homemade ones would be appreciated or whether I might just as soon buy some higher quality ones.... There willl be turkey and all the normal sides, plus some dirty rice from our transplanted cajun member.

The temperatures went up into the 40's yesterday and today, and all our snow is now slush. It's soooo messy out, but still icy where the snow had been been packed. Nasty, nasty.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #51  
Chuggin' along...

Kery, your mother is in my thoughts. Allison, your sister is also in my thoughts. I hope both get good news soon.

Pat, I hope your new position and raise go through. Congrats! Stay dry (and warm)!

Jessica, I know it is so hard to be patient... but keep being patient! You know that you are doing good things for your body, so focus on that positive feeling, not the scale.

Shane, I don't get it. What does it look like?

JUST KIDDING. It gives me comfort that I've got some company down here, Shane, Jay. Except I didn't catch Meg's turkey reference on Monday, and now I've got it.

Pacergal, great job being down to ticker weight!

Meg, once again you are way, superbly, totally, wholly, entirely more virtuous than I could ever be. Sounds like you're doing the best you can with the restaurants, and well, you will be home soon. Enjoy the wedding!

Gary, congrats on your low weight!

BF and my plans have changed - he got offered some work here so rather than go visit his family we're staying in town. I already got ingredients to make pies so I'll make them to take to my friend's "vagabond Thanksgiving" for 6 of us friends who are too far from our families to make it home. I ate way, way too much at the office turkey day lunch yesterday. And I didn't even sample nearly everything. Personal boot camp starts the day I get cleared after surgery. When I exercise more I am such a healthier eater! I'm just going to enjoy my holiday and do what I can for now...

I will be offline all week and weekend, probably, so happy Thanksgiving to all the U.S. folk, and have a great week everyone else!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #52  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Hi everyone. Bye, everyone. I'm off to make a pie for DH & FIL, then work, then dinner.

BUT, I wanted to post my Wed weight to keep myself motivated: 131 at the gym this morning, post-breakfast. If I can be 131 +- 1 lb. after the long weekend, I'll be a happy camper. Anyone else?

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Shane and Jay

Just dropped by from my pie making marathon to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! It's a bit of a triple whammy for me as I'm making dinner tomorrow for family, doing a tour of local wineries on Friday, then a belated Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday with friends who aren't getting back from Hawaii until tomorrow night. I already scheduled my elliptical time at the gym for Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning.

Have a good one, everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #54  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

SHANE ~ As I was scrolling down into your post I was beginning to wonder WT? is She is up to now!!! ....my stomach hurts from laughing!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:11 AM   #55  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope everyone has a great guilt-free day. It's just one meal and being such conscious maintainers we'll all be back on track with food and exercise tomorrow. Most everyone will still eat less today than we used to eat, so that in itself is a victory.

I've been busy lately with lots of deep cleaning of my home and yard. Had overnight guests a couple of times. Now, DH is off work for the week and it seems it's hard for me to get computer time.

In other news, I found out why Shane and his girlfriend haven't been getting along very well. She is pressuring him to marry her before he gets deployed. They've only been dating 4 or 5 months and he's told her "NO, I'm not ready".We are encouraging him to hold his ground. She comes with 2 babies and I know he isn't ready to be married or have the "package deal".

Shelbey is still in Las Vegas til Sunday. If anyone remembers I had recounted on here last May how DH's XW's BF had beaten her up and then she took him back. Seems the BF overdosed on anti-depressants last week, landed 5 days in ICU and is now transferred to a mental hospital.

Lacy and I put up our Christmas tree yesterday. This spurred me to want to start my Christmas shopping. Last night I bought Lacy and Shane both new, better digital cameras and MP3 players. I think Shelbey wants an IPOD nano and DH wants a DVD/CD/VHS combo unit. Looks like most of my shopping this yr. will be in electronics. Oh well, easier than picking out clothes for other peoples.

I didn't know til yesterday that those GPS thingies could be purchased separately from your car. But, since finding these, this is what I desperately want and need.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:38 AM   #56  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

OK Tday weigh in is 129.0...if I hit that number again anytime in the next week I'll be happy.

Oh yeah Lily - there are a couple different brands of GPS for your car. They just suction cup to the dashboard. They can be handy, I dont have one, but I had gone to pick up a runner for hood to coast relay and we were trying to get to another runners house and coming in I could see the highway was stopped so we used it to get around a different way.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #57  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well Angie and I finshed the TROT about an hour ago. Angie and my daughter beat me by 3 minutes...STOP! ENNAY! I ran a 35:35 and they ran a 32:49...I was 10 minutes faster than last year though...pays to get in shape

There was a lot of cross-country kids from the past this year too LISA...fun to see them 8 years later from when my son graduated.

I weighed in at 169 again this morning...going to stick with my "journey of better choices" at dinner today....

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING DEAR FRIENDS

Last edited by EZMONEY; 11-22-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Gary, wow!! 10 minutes faster than last year!! That's HUGE! I'm gonna put on my cheerleading outfit now --

I ran with my brother this morning on this really pretty trail near his house (we spent the night with him on the way down to my mom's). It was so cool to actually be able to run with him, because he's always been kind of athletic and I've certainly NOT been (well, until now I guess). Too bad I've been eating nonstop since yesterday! I really need to start making some better choices before things get TOO out of hand. I've been sitting here on my mom's couch popping Hershey's peanut butter chocolate kisses like they're calorie-free or something. Sigh... slap me, someone!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #59  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Lisa couldnt find the slap icon so here you go...

Gary - 10 minutes is awesome! its all about the improvement.

I have to say the ONE good thing about getting injured is in january in my town they have an annual Y2KX run. In 2007 it was 20.07K, in 2008 it will be a 20.08K. Last year I couldnt run that far yet post pg so I did the 10K. I will do the 10K again this year as I cant be ready for a 20K yet. It will be the first time EVER I have repeated a race of exactly the same course...interesting to see how much I change. Not as much as if I wasnt coming back from injury, but still, I should beat last years time by quite a bit
Old 11-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #60  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks for the "love" gals....I said I ran...it was more of a slow jog.....my fastest 5K was 28 minutes...but that was about 7 years ago....this year was more of a walk...but at least I was PREPARED!....these 53 yr. old legs are slow!!!!