Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

DG, just pretend you have epilepsy and you'll get a black lab for free Just kidding... but black labs ARE the most common service dogs! It's true, though, most apartment complexes have weight limits - mine does not let anyone have a dog that weighs over 20 pounds.

To put a picture in a post: first, upload it to somewhere like http://www.photobucket.com - then, click on the mountain looking thingy. It will ask you to enter in the URL. Copy it from photobucket (just where it says URL) and paste it in.

Jessica, I'll scan the pic as soon as I get home. I tried to scan it here at work, but the printer is all messed up and no one has the software

Lisa - there are 2347093479794 reasons why scales fluctuate. Take it with a grain of salt... or... eat fewer grains of salt --I know water retention due to sodium intake is a big reason why my weight fluctuates, anyway, even if I am on plan.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Labradors are the BEST dogs (huh, Lily?).

Lily~I hope that respiratory infection goes away and ends your pain. Feel better.

Great news! DD got accepted to her 2nd choice school and they said she qualifies for the Presidential Scholarship! Now we just need to hear from USC and she'll have to make the big decision (if she gets accepted to USC).

Weird thing happened to me today. It's been so ingrained in my routine, but somehow I forgot to weigh myself this morning! It wasn't until I had drunk about 32 ounces of water, did my 2 mile run, had half a cup of coffee and showered before I realized I forgot to step on the scale! I wonder where my mind was.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #78  

Pat-Congrats on the promotion, woohoo!
Lily-hope you're feeling better
DG-can't imagine a Lab in an apartment either
Our dog (7mo puppy) is a lab/mutt. Hyper doesn't begin to describe Lucky.
Food was ok yesterday until dh brought home treats. I swear he has good intentions, I just have no control.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #79  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Oh yes, I have vivid memories from Nip being a puppy. Really, at 4, he's just outgrowing his puppy habits. Let's see....the highlights were when he ate/chewed the entire front of my mom's couch and also when he ate an entire box of LIGHTBULBS except for the metal part. I swear, we have some sort of freak dog!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:03 PM   #80  
Working My Way Back Down

DG - I wish you could tell my cat that she's not high maintenance! She has DH twisted around her little paw - oh the demands she makes..... Too cute about your dog though.

Very foggy here this morning. Hopefully when the sun comes up it'll be better. We have another storm moving through, like the 3rd one this week. We get little bits of snow with each - just enough to brighten up the snow.

So at WW last night I was FINALLY down - 3#! I knew I was losing, esp since even with my pants tucked in yesterday they were too loose in the waist. I really could go down a size, or at least get into some of my other pants if I'd lose a little more in the waist. Mostly it's a matter of not being able to button them rather than the thighs/butt being too tight - which was always the case when I was younger.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #81  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

DG, I loved your dog story. I have 2 chocolate labs and I have a crazy time trying to keep them in the fence. They are both now house-trained and just go out to potty, but it doesn't keep them from occasionally jumping the fence. They can definitely out-smart me sometimes. We do have an electric wire on our fence too but the younger lab. (Lucy) will climb the fence anyway (peeing herself the whole way) and jump over.

Lol, my dogs have never been arrested, but I did have Molly jump in the car with me at the convenience store that is a mile and a half away. She just seemed so pleased to have found me, LOL.

Allison, yes Lab's are the best. Ours are totally part of the family.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I called my Dr. this morning and his appt. schedule was full but he went ahead and called me in some antibiotics and wants to see me tomorrow if I'm not feeling any better. I'm having to use my inhalers again too for the wheezing.

Today is the last day of school for the girls for the next 10 days (due to Thanksgiving break). Shelbey is leaving to Las Vegas on Monday to visit her mother. I sure hope DH's custody battle papers don't arrive to her mother while Shelbey is out there.

I don't have the energy to go grocery shopping, so my food isn't too SB friendly. I had wheat toast and coffee for breakfast and a bowl of cream of wheat for lunch. I don't know how this will affect my wt. in the longrun cause my cal's are at least low, even if my carbs have not been. Unfortunately exercise is Nil for now.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hello! My first time in Maintainer's chat--I'm thrilled! It's a little daunting, however, but since I've been reading this thread for a while, I'm sort of up on what's going on with everyone. Uh-oh, that sounds kind of stalker-like, doesn't it?

DGADawg, loved your dog story! I used to work at an animal shelter and also ran my own animals rescue so I'm a big animal lover (although all my four dogs have passed away, the last one in July). A friend of mine had a Lab in a studio apartment when she was going to college. She's big-time into showing dogs, however, so her whole life is pretty much dog-centered. She said that she ran or walked with him at least three times a day plus trained him, too. Uh-huh, who's got that much time?

Allison, what thrilling news! And a Presidential scholarship, too. Which school is it, if I may ask? I'm assuming that USC is her #1 choice.

Lisa, my SD is a teacher and she hardly comes up for air during the school year. She doesn't live that far away, but we see her maybe once during winter break, once during spring break, and then more in the summer. So, I can understand where you're coming from. Oh, about running--I hurt my knee just before my 5K in September (sob, sob, I was so upset), and I haven't run since. I need to get an MRI, which I can't do until after January 1 when my flexible spending account resets. My DH had his own knee issues and had surgery a couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping my knee problem is only bursitis. Congratulations on your X-country team, by the way.

So I've had a stupid cold for the past few days. I went to the gym on Tuesday, but I sounded (and felt) so bad yesterday that I stayed home. Today I feel better, but still sound awful so I decided to skip the gym. Really don't want to make people angry with me for spreading my cold around. Although, I probably got the cold from the gym--they seem to be hotbeds of illness. I managed to go for a 1/2 hour fast walk (with a touch of jogging in there just to test out my knee), which, as I discovered when entering my exercise in fitday.com, burns hardly any calories. Oh, well, at least I got out there and did something. Tomorrow I'll get back with my routine. Do I sound like an old lady when I say I hate disruptions to my routine? *Sigh*
Old 11-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #83  

Ooooh, we're being stalked!!! LOL Sheila, DD's school of choice is USC, the second choice is University of Redlands and 3rd choice is Cal State Fullerton. She's been accepted at #2 and #3 (as well as Cal State Chico, but she no longer wants to go there--too far from home). She has also applied to Cal State Long Beach (doesn't want to go there--too much of a party school), Arizona State University and University of Texas Austin. She no longer wants to go to Texas, though (too bad, it's the least expensive of the bunch!). ASU would be fun--along the same lines as USC because she'd be in the marching band. Redlands has a great music program, but no marching band.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #84  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,

This is a busy week at work, lots of field work out on the boat, and we're breaking into the 4-hour mark for rehearsals in the evenings. Tonight is dress rehearsal. The play is coming together and I'm excited but tired. I have eaten a few pieces of candy but generally been OP, packing my meals everywhere I go, and trying to get as much sleep as I can. I have been doing my weightlifting and some elliptical and cycling that the Dr. cleared me for. I think I'm just not used to eating with this lower activity level and am probably eating a little too much, but I figure I'm burning some extra calories at the theater at least, and am trying to cut down on the food.

And since being in the home stretches of the play is wearing me out, along with my full time job, I really can't imagine how tired and whiny I would be if I was taking care of kids like many of you! Props to all the parents here. Especially Anne!

Our new oven is being delivered tonight! Our neighbor can't fix the upper element as the oven is too old, so our landlady it replacing it. (I think it's older than me!) How exciting. We've been able to use the stove top but not the oven for...has it been almost 3 weeks now?

Sheila, welcome, and I definitely lurked in this forum for quite a while before I posted! You're not alone.

Lily, don't be so hard on yourself for what you are eating. You're sick! I hope you feel better soon.

Pat, congrats on the loss! I call it the whoosh - you stay OP, nothing, OP, nothing... then finally the whoosh! Also congrats on the promotion. How exciting!

Dawg, that is hilarious! My mom definitely loves her dog (a yellow lab/retriever mix) more than my sis & I also. I think it's b/c we dared to leave home (to go to college and gets jobs and we actually support ourselves at the ages of 25 and 27 - how dare we!) and the dog remains loyal. I love all dogs!

Lisa, my parents both teach full-time at a private boarding school, and also coach, run student organizations, etc., etc. I can understand your pain. I hope you can catch up a little bit soon, and can enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Hi to everyone.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #85  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Ok, I think I got it....Here's a picture of the convict:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOOBOO.jpg (38.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 11-16-2007, 12:19 AM   #86  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

DGAdDawg ~ I can't stop laughing!! What a great story and pic!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:24 AM   #87  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Labradors are the BEST dogs (huh, Lily?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post

Allison, yes Lab's are the best.....
WHAT? Are you two serious? Look below....what are WE...chopped liver?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 AM   #88  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Pulling for that USC one here ALLISON!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #89  

Thanks Gary!

And Goldens are a very close second to Labs (they're both retrievers after all!). I had a Golden for 15 1/2 years. She was a great dog.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #90  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

LOL, Gary, Golden Retrievers are great too. I've had one before and loved her a whole bunch.

I am starting to feel a litte better today (except that first hr. after waking up). My antibiotics are kicking in. I may try to make it to grocery store this evening or may have to wait til tomorrow.

My oldest stepdaughter called yesterday and sounded really perturbed at me cause I didn't want to babysit her 1 and 3 yr. old tonite. I explained that I am sick and she said "oh, that is fine, both the boys are sick too". I flat told her "NO" and not to send any more sickness to my house. Anyway, she'll get over it. She only sees her kids every other weekend and should take care of them herself anyway.

Why is that family is the worst? People here don't seem to care or consider that I have underlying illness and have been (and still am) on long-term steroid use. Exposing me to unnecessary illness is idiotic.
Closed Thread