Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default Weekly Food and Exercise Accountability - October 15 - 21

hey Glory I was at PFC's on Saturday also, I had lettuce wraps and ginger chicken.

Today...ugh, I dont even want to talk about today, I was starving all day, ate too much and I know it was because I didnt get enough sleep.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #2  
Chuggin' along...

I really feel like I'm going to the confessional right now.

It's going to be really hard to list everything I've eaten in the past few days. But it's been too much, and quite a bit of junk. I will try to go into fitday and log it all, but I need to admit here that I've eaten, let's see... ice cream, multiple cookies and brownies, a ton of homemade pizza, drank some wine, eaten many servings of trail mix, nuts, a few chips thrown in for good measure... that is mostly in addition to some healthier foods that I ate in some moderation. I overate a lot, to the point where I was physically uncomfortable two days in a row. I am going to try and go into fitday and log/guesstimate what I can remember.

I did go to the gym most of my planned days, hopefully it balanced me out a wee bit. Working out did make me feel emotionally a lot better! (It always does! Working out is not often my problem, it's the eating that gets me!)

Why??? I think it was a combo of a lot of things. I had a lot of insomnia and trouble sleeping last week. I think I've been a little bit depressed/bored with my life and job right now. I'm very happy with my BF, I have been feeling a bit like I've been behaving badly towards him lately, and am upset at myself for this. I tried to think about things I could do last night to change this, but I also need to deal with these negative emotions better than trying to just stuff them full of food.

I have a lot of social events coming up in the next few weeks. This is bad (lots of bad-for-me, unsatisfying food that I will have to conspicuously go out of my way to eat something else), but the benefit is that I won't be sitting at home, bored and snacking either. Goals: 1) Pay attention to my satiety/fullness, eat satisfying, healthy foods. 2) Go to the gym. Even if you have to get out of bed as early as Meg to do it! 3) Try to be aware/address emotional issues behind why I want to eat so much. i.e. try to be aware of boredom/stress eating and address it with something besides food.; try to figure out if I'm truly depressed, why, and act to change it.

I will try and repent from my food sins now...
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

mmmm Ginger chicken sounds good - it's so easy to overeat there, the portions are way too big!!! I was totally starving when we got there too (which explains the appetizer!). We had reservations for 8, I didn't eat a snack around 6 like I should have and we didn't get seated until almost 8:20. I practically inhaled my food.

Sunday

B - 1/2 cup organic Pumpkin flax cereal, about 1 cup of organic vanilla non fat yogurt

S - 8 oz fresh strawberries

L - BBQ taco salad - tons of field greens/spinach/shredded purple cabbage, 1/2 heirloom tomato, corn, peas, onion, carrots, bbq chicken (not very much), 1/2 crunched up blue corn tortilla taco shell, about 1 tbs ranch dressing

S - tall non fat sugar free latte

S - string cheese, about 100 calories of cashews

D - burrito bol at Chipotle - chicken, rice, 2 scoops pico, a little hot salsa, tons of romaine, 1/2 serving of guac on the side
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #4  

I'm new here. I defenitley need an accountability.

Breakfast- 2 slices of toast and 2 eggs
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #5  

Monday

B - 1/2 cup organic Pumpkin flax cereal, about 1 cup of organic vanilla non fat yogurt

S - huge pomegranate (they are coming into season -YAY)

L - veggie burger on a regular bun, sauteed onions, lettuce, tomato, pickle, spicy mustard

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - orange

S - cut up veggies - grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, baby carrots, orange pepper strips

D - stir fry - shrimp, baby corn, purple cabbage, broccoli, ginger, garlic, waer chestnuts, little squashes (So cute!!), spicy sauce, served over brown rice
Old 10-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Sometimes I'm frustrated about how small the town I live in is, and that we don't have many good restaurants, and we certainly don't have any ethnic restaurants. But then I hear about places like P.F. Chang's (even when I lived in a bigger area I never lived near one) and I'm glad I don't have to deal with the temptation!

Forced camping trip with my co-workers today, which makes me very scared about what I'll eat (ok, ok, not completely "forced" and I'm good friends with my co-workers, but there will be copious food and drink, lots of peer pressure, and I'm doubting/stressing about my willpower right now).

Today: (done: )
gym - got up early! 1 hour elliptical
B - Quaker simple harvest, skim milk, small banana, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
(planned: )
S - 1/2 oz. walnuts
L - 1 slice Pepperidge Farm 7 Grain bread, 2 oz. lean deli meat, carrots & celery
S - 8 oz ff light yogurt, 2 kiwis
D - (provided by others, eek) will cut my steak in half and just eat half, eat a small potato w/ light salad dressing or no potato, brought myself a nice big salad to eat with the meat and fill myself up, a few glasses of wine
plan to fit in as much walking as I can throughout the day

Tomorrow: (have packed/in the fridge at work since I won't go home between camping, work, and rehearsal)
morning walk at the campsite?
B - everyone else brought evil simple carb cinnamon rolls! so I brought a homemade protein pancake and skim milk, plus will have some of the fruit salad, coffee
L - 2 sl. homemade 100% whole wheat bread, 2 oz. 2 oz. lean/low sodium deli turkey, carrots & celery, ff light yogurt
S - apple, raw almonds
gym - weights! plus however much cardio I can fit
D - frozen leftovers - WW Beef and Veg. Cheese casserole
play rehearsal
errands
S - ?

Monday:
B - Quaker simple harvest, skim milk, small banana, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
L - 2 sl homemade 100% whole wheat bread, 2 oz. lean/low sodium deli turkey, carrots & red peppers, part skim mozzarella string cheese
S - 2 kiwis, 1 oz. almonds, 1/2 Nature Valley Oats & Honey crunchy gb, 2 oz. pulled pork BBQ, diet soda (the gb, bbq, and soda were impulse/unnecessary snacks)
gym - walked 2 miles, ran 2 miles (ran out of time!)
D - 5 oz. top sirloin, 1 1/2 c. cooked broccoli, est. ~1 T. veg oil
S - med-lg apple, 1 sl homemade 100% whole wheat bread w/ 1 T Move Over Butter
Cals for the day: 2000 - reigning it in but not quite enough

Last edited by Megan1982; 10-16-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #7  

Monday

S - 8 oz strawberries

L - cup of tomato soup, "wheat" roll (I doubt it was really whole grain)

S - 100 calories of excellent dark chocolate

S - orange

S - cut up veggies - grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, baby carrots, orange pepper strips

D - Leftover stir fry - shrimp, baby corn, purple cabbage, broccoli, ginger, garlic, green beans, little squashes (So cute!!), spicy sauce, served over brown rice
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I have got to be accountable. I have got to get going on these last few pounds. I AM going to get there by Christmas!!!!

To start, I am going to watch my carb intake for the next two weeks. No bread. No pasta. Very little in the way of other grains (if at all). I'll keep my carbs from vegetables, though! I'll reduce fruit intake for a couple of weeks, also. Lets see if this kick starts it!

Breakfast: scrambled egg whites with red pepper and red onion and 1 T of cheese and 2 slices turkey bacon

Lunch: salad--2 cups torn Romaine, 1/4 c chicken 1T reduced fat dressing

Dinner: chicken roasted with salsa and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I'll make rice for DH and the kids but won't have any myself.

Snacks: I'm not sure, but I imagine some almonds might sneak in there!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Ok, I fell off plan yesterday. SO, Megan, you're NOT the only one going to confession today In the morning, I did well, since I ate Fiber One cereal and some blueberry crumb cake yogurt, then I had a Subway veggie delite sub with honey mustard and all the veggies for lunch, then a Clif bar for a snack, thennnn... for dinner, the girlfriend and I ordered from Latin Cafe, and instead of making healthy choices, I chose to eat a chicken fricasse empanada, yuca fries (only 2, but they are thick cut), a fried green plantain patty about 4" in diameter, AND churros (deep fried doughnut type things but in a twisty form, covered with lots of sugar). Then, I ate a piece of Godiva 60% real cocoa dark chocolate. I could make an excuse like, "But my girlfriend ordered these things, not me! I just had to eat some!" but I know well and good that I should have restrained myself from munching on her fattening food.

Today, I'm cooking dinner!!

B: Frosted Mini Wheats
S: Clif Bar
L: Kashi Lemongrass & Coconut Chicken
S: An apple
D: Teriyaki stir fry over 1 cup brown rice - stir fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, peppers, onions, snow peas, water chesnuts), very lean, thin-cut steak (3 oz for each of us) then Teriyaki marinade and pineapple chunks.

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 10-17-2007 at 04:31 PM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #10  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Breakfast:
1 container dannon all natural blueberry yogurt with 1 banana sliced on top of the yogurt, plus 1/2 cup of dry quaker old fashioned oatmeal stirred in, and a tablespoon of ground flax, and 5 almonds. 2 cups of earl gray tea with a tiny bit of honey.

Lunch:
1 yellow bell pepper sliced in half and filled with a pouch of salmon, with a sprinkle of pepper, I ate it sandwich style (yum-o!)
1 dannon all natural strawberry yogurt with quaker old fashioned dry oatmeal stirred in.

Supper will be:
4 Egg white veggie omelet sandwiched between 2 slices of dry whole wheat toast, 5 orange flavored prunes with 5 almonds shoved inside.. (tastes like candy to me!)
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:21 PM   #11  

Wednesday

S - 8 oz strawberries

L - cup of green chile corn bisque, small jalepeno cornbread muffin

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - orange

D - Salmon cooked in parchment paper with spices, sliced cabbage, shredded carrots, lemon juice, blackening seasonings, steamed broccoli
Old 10-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #12  
Chuggin' along...

Shane, guess we need to dust ourselves off and get back on track - let's do it! Sometimes it's best to cook for ourselves for a few days until we find our willpower again. I'm picturing this little place in the sky where my willpower runs off to play with other people's willpowers and leaves me from time to time. Why couldn't I have a more serious willpower? Stop playing around, willpower! jk, it actually is with me right now.

I was really proud of my camping eating. I ate small portions of the ok foods, supplemented w/ foods I brought, and ignored the chips, crackers, cinnamon buns, bbq w/ white bread. I had 1 small brownie and I did have several glasses of wine. I got up early and went to the gym and did 60 minutes of elliptical the AM of the trip, and the next afternoon when we got back I did 70 minutes of weights and strength, and ran a few miles. And since I could control myself, I was able to relax and have fun.

Today:
B - Quaker Simple Harvest, skim milk, banana, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
L - 2 slices homemade 100% whole wheat bread, 2 oz. lean deli turkey, carrots & celery, light sour cream w/ homemade ranch seasoning mix
S - 8 oz ff light yogurt, large apple
gym - cardio, not sure what yet
post-gym snack - 1 oz. almonds
D - Sushi night with the girls. As always, the challenge will be to watch my portions.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I did quite well yesterday--I did end up eating 1/4 c of rice at dinner, but no carby snacks.

I ran 2 miles this morning with DH and the dogs.

B~scrambled egg whites and turkey bacon
L~0% Fage yogurt, 1 banana, carrots and celery and a lean hot pocket (not what I should have but I ran out of salad fixings)
D~that is up in the air. I have a meeting tonight and if they have healthy munchies, I'll have that otherwise who knows)
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #14  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi - I'm back from a 2 day workshop at which - surprisingly - the food was decent. Breakfast was at the hotel - and they had REAL oatmeal. Yum! No problems there. Lunch one day was sandwiches of turkey (okay other stuff, but I skipped them), lettuce, tomato NO MAYO! on what my mom always called "dark" bread. Not whole grain, I'm sure, but better than white. The other day was a veggie soup and salad. The soup was a little heavy on the broccoli, but okay. Dinner the first night I had grilled shrimp and scallop skewers with about 1/4 -1/3 cup of rice and veggies. I had about 1/3 of a creme brulee for dessert - too sweet/heavy for me anymore. Coffee was good though. Second night I didn't do as well. We ended up at a brew pub and I had awesome tasting deep fried halibut (I know, bad bad bad) and 2 beers. Left 90% of the fries though. And I was down 0.2 lbs at yesterday's weigh-in. Had dinner at home last night - chicken, veggies, little rice. No dessert. And my regular cheerios for breakfast. No more trips til after the first of the year, which will certainly help.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #15  

Thursday
A lot like Wednesday, a few tweaks to dinner

S - 8 oz strawberries

L - tuna salad on whole grain bread (made with lite mayo, onions, pickles), 1/2 sliced heirloom tomato, spinach leaves, cup of mushroom bisque

S - 100 calories of good dark chocolate

S - orange

D - Salmon cooked in tinfoil with spices, sliced cabbage, shredded carrots, lemon juice, blackening seasonings, added broccoli, zucchini, less cabbage and less lemon

Last edited by Glory87; 10-18-2007 at 06:06 PM.