Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #46  
Meg

Morning Kim and everyone!

Did you see that the forum moved overnight? Zap! Hope everyone found it with all the recent changes -- I think the new forum structure is pretty much in place and things should be stable from now on.

DH and I are staying in a charming B&B outside of Santa Fe that ... you'll never believe this ... doesn't serve coffee until 7:30 am. I'm up at my usual ridiculously early hour with NO COFFEE! Oh, the humanity!

We're heading back to Albuquerque this morning for the second weekend of the Balloon Fiesta and more wedding stuff. We're planning on meandering down some of the little roads through the East Mountains rather than driving direct on the interstate so we can check out places for our dream house.

Our room here has the world's most slimming full-length mirror, like a circus mirror. I actually look tall and thin!! I want to take it home with us.

Hiker, speaking of mirrors, I think a lot of us have trouble seeing ourselves as we really are. Clothes are an excellent reality check. It definitely sounds like it's time to go shopping.

Along with early morning coffee, charming B&Bs don't have fitness centers. And boy howdy, do I have calories to work off.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:54 AM   #47  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Meg, I've been known to take a small coffee pot and coffee when traveling for just those contingencies. It's too cruel.

Tried out our new George Foreman grill last night on a Del Monico steak, aka ribeye. What a cool thing! yum!

Same old stuff today...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Hey!

Dang, Meg, I want a mirror like that. You're 5'4". If it makes you look tall, it probably would make me look like a freakin' runway model! If you're up so early without coffee, you should go back to sleep. In the meantime, I'll send some Rock Star energy drink over the computer to you This one has zero calories, zero carbs, and as much caffeine as three cups of coffee.

Hello, Kim!

Carolyn, that party sounds quite elegant and the food sounds amaaaazing, even if not diet friendly. And I just got a funny image of you shaking your fist in the air at those men, and it made me smile.
I agree that copays should not be so high for mental illnesses. I don't have any mental illnesses myself, but I know plenty of people who do, and from my experiences with these people, I am quite sure that many mental illnesses are chemical imbalances... and that the people who think they don't count as illnesses are quite ignorant.

hikerchick - CONGRATS on UNDERGROWING all your fat clothes!

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 10-11-2007 at 08:34 AM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! I don't have much to say, except that I'd like one of those superslimming mirrors myself. I'm 5'9" so I'd probably look extra lanky -- I could go for that.

I'm excited because it's supposed to be cooler today. We don't have cross country practice today because the kids have early release and we have faculty meetings, so I'm going home and running there, just me and my iPod. It'll be nice to get a solo run in during the week -- that doesn't happen anymore. I love running with the kids but I prefer running on my own, really. And it's not supposed to be ridiculously hot like it has been lately, so yay!!

Hope everyone's day is good...
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Bah! Now we're so close to the top! I use the User CP list to peruse my boards, and I liked having Maintainers at the bottom--best for last, and all that. Now we're third on my list!

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good week.

Meg, your vacation sounds lovely. Except for the coffee bit. I'm torn between my support for your god-given right to have coffee in the morning, and my feeling that no one should be up as early as you are, especially on vacation!

I'm very jealous of those of you having indian summers. We're having a true autumn here, and, quite frankly, I'm bummed about it. Autumn is fine, but summer is my favorite. I need to put all my summer clothes in storage; all those cotton skirts and tank tops are taunting me. I've even had the heat on over the last couple of weeks. It's an injustice!

Last edited by baffled111; 10-11-2007 at 10:40 AM.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

DH and I went for our run this morning. I think he's enjoying it. He says it's cool to look at the stars.

Meg~I don't know how I'd live without coffee before 7:30!! Sounds like a lovely place otherwise!

hiker~have fun shopping.

Gosh, I get a little quiet time to do some posting and then something pops up at work. Guess I gotta run.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #52  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

bwahahah...just laughing at how set we get in our ways! Coffee, forum moves, everything....just dont CHANGE it! I am the same way.

Thin mirrors....Well SIL hasnt seen me in a bit and she saw a pic of me last week and asked MIL "who is that tall thin woman holding (ds)" TALL OF course MIL then went off on her worry about how gaunt I am and how she thinks I have an eating disorder.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #53  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Good evening everyone.

Hikerchick -- Oh, welcome to my world. I am somewhat lucky in that I still had clothes from when I had lost weight in my first years of college, but even these are starting to look clownish, depending on what clothes they were (tops are alright, bottoms are not). Losing weight is thrilling, but a thinning wallet isn't that great all the same.

I'm pretty glad myself today, my weight-lifting instructor said I don't need to pass the mandatory test to be allowed to use the weights rooms on the campus whenever it's open for free practice. So tomorrow, I'll get my "free pass" card and will be able to lift on the week-ends too.

And for a little dose of bitter laugh: I found an old notebook in which I had logged my food intake sometime at the very end of 2005. I was seriously shocked to see that I would eat stuff like 100g of pasta (dry!) + tomato sauce for dinner, and consider that 'healthy'. Huh. I must've been quite wrong in my head at the time. No wonder I had regained some bad habits through 2006! (For the record, now I measure about 40g of starch when I eat some at a meal... and there's always plenty of vegetables, and protein, and maybe dairy, with it.) How I had managed to lose weight on such foods now has become a mystery to me...
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #54  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Talking Me chiming in at the end of the week again!

Hi folks!

Meg - Beautiful pic of the hot air balloons. VERY cool.

Lilly- Hope you are getting over your sickness.

Gary - I will keep you and your family in my prayers. So sorry to hear of your loss.

On Wednesday October 10 I reached my 2 year anniversary of my life style change. On October 10, 2005, I weighed 204 lbs. On October 10, 2006, I weighed 141 lbs. On October 10, 2007 I weighed in at 119 lbs. Pretty cool. I will be in maintenance 1 year on March 27, 2008.

Pretty exciting. Thanks for reading.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #55  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Libby!

You are amazing! Good work!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #56  
Meg

Libby! We're so proud of you!!!!

I'm back in Albuquerque, in the land of in-room coffeemakers and cell phone coverage. DH and I are heading out to PF Changs for dinner -- love that place! We only have one in Pittsburgh, way far away from where we live, so we never get there.

I had to leave the Thin Mirror behind. Now if I only can figure out a way to grow six inches ....
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 197/129

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone

I haven't checked in for quite some time. Soo busy with school. Midterms are already approaching. I can't believe how time flies.

Eating has been so-so. I'm always thinking about food and what to eat next. I've been within my calorie limits but it's still so hard. I always write down what I eat but I don't usually plan a day's meals or a week's meals. That would probably lift a huge weight off my shoulders. I tried planning a full day's food halfheartedly a few times. I always planned healthy meals but when the time to eat came around, I was either craving something else or just too lazy to actually prepare what I had planned. So I grab something quick and easy.

I also noticed I'm not eating enough fats. I think I'll buy some black olives. I tried Picholine olives yesterday and wasn't too pleased with the taste. They have more of a crunchy texture.

Exercising has been good. I'm noticing awesome definition in my arms and legs and even upper abs from my weight training class. I really hope to keep it up after the semester ends. Not too sure where I am weightwise...haven't weighed in the past week or so because I've been spending most nights at the BFs and he doesn't have a scale. Clothes still fit so that's promising.

The rain here was unbelievable today! I drove to school and at the end of the day when I went to my parking spot, it was like my car was the midpoint of a flood. Needless to say my new running sneakers and socks were soaking wet! To top it off I was standing in the rain in my drenched sneakers because the 'Unlock' button on my car keys wasn't working for a good 5 minutes! All I could do was laugh.

Gary, so sorry about your mom. Carolyn's right - Your mom would be thrilled to see how you've been keeping up such a great attitude.

Libby CONGRATULATIONS! WTG

Lisa, I'm with you on the solo running with iPod. Although I've never ran with a partner or a group, I can't imagine ditching my music!

Hi to everyone else!!!! Have a great weekend if I don't check in for a while.
Sweet Amor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #58  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Yay Libby!!!!

Cute new picture of you and your son. You look so great!
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Ugh, I have munched ALL day. I haven't even counted how far I went over my calories, but I definitely went WAY over. I don't even have a good reason for it -- just stress, I guess. I had a really good 3-mile run, but it doesn't keep me from feeling really icky. I have a stomachache from too much food!! It's been a long time since I've felt like that.

Sigh...here's to a better day tomorrow...
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:50 AM   #60  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Congratulations Libby

Libby - On Wednesday October 10 I reached my 2 year anniversary of my life style change.

Congratulations, Libby, it's great that you celebrate from the beginning of your life style change. That's important to me because it shifts the emphasis away from goal weight, which is the response of my body, to life style, which I directly control.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote