Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #16  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I'm not much of a binge eater so I don't really have much to add except a support hug. But I'm just curious: have you tried increasing your calories in healthy foods? If you're doing a new and intense training program, maybe your body is telling you it needs more fuel, but somewhere along the line the message is being garbled into "eat ice cream, and lots of it."

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #17  
Meg

Tina, welcome! You don't have to be at goal to post here, so please stick around. Congratulations on how far you've come!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I think the term 'binge' implies eating something less than healthy--not broccoli. I know I am not immune to it--I can cram a couple handfuls of nuts in my mouth minutes before dinner is to be served. Why? Who knows. Probably boredom more than anything. I can be perfectly binge-free with un-opened boxes and jars of food in the house, but once the seal is broken, it's an open invitation to binge. And not all foods are binge-worthy. I'd never think twice about eating handfuls of carrots (and if I did, I wouldn't consider it a binge). I'm more the type to go for the salty and/or cheesy stuff.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #19  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

My definition of a binge is simple

If I dont want the food, even while I am eating it - it is a binge

If I am stuffed beyond comfort at the time I am standing in front of the fridge - it is a binge

If I am telling myself negative things about my self worth, or loathing myself while I am eating - it is a binge.

It doesnt matter if I am binging on lettuce or chocolate. If it is 100 calories or 3000 calories of binging. To me the disturbing part of the binge is the mental process.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #20  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Well ladies...TOM came last night and I swear it's like an on/off switch! I feel great...in control and ready to have a good week! I am stocked with fresh fruit, veggies, and lean meat! I don't even have cravings for junk now! I have to figure something out to control myself that week before TOM is due....if I could do that I think I would be doing pretty good! Thank you all for the advice and kind words! It is really comforting knowing there are others going through the same thing and that there is a place to talk about it and not feel judged! Have a great Monday ladies!
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote