3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #46

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Rabbit - I can totally commiserate with your plight!

I have been on the steady upward climb since Christmas.Summer shorts from last year are snug, and GASP...I spotted some chub accumulating on the inside of my knees.
I am appalled that I slowly slid past my 'danger zone' weight - without calling an intervention on myself.
I too am back in the regular exercise zone - and REALLY try each day to stay on plan. It will happen, maybe we can prop each other up through the process.
I am truly inspired by the likes of Lily and Alison, who get it under control before it is a runaway train - WTG you two....keep me inspired.

Have a great day all.

-S

Mini Goal
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #47
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

"When I go grocery shopping, I always look at what the other people have on the conveyer belt at the check out. I imagine what kind of meals they're going to make from what they're buying."
Carolyn, you made my day! I'm SOO GLad I'm not the only person who does that! lol. I swear I'd get fired if I was a checkout assistant cause I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut!
Scale still weighs me under goal though I've been eating plenty. Must be cos I've kicked up the exercise.
Good work all!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #48
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I did remember to weigh this morning. Still at 148 lbs. so above my goal range. I've kicked up the exercise and think I'm getting a little control on eating, so hopefully the scale will start moving down for me again.

I just went out and filled the lawnmower with gas, fully intent on mowing. But, alas it started raining again. I've already went out and weeded my garden and sprinkled Seven dust on all my plants.

We have plans to go to the lake tomorrow so swimming, skiing, tubing and wakeboarding with the girls should be a lot of fun. Hopefully it won't be storming again.

Tomorrow is SD's 15th birthday, I am praying to have control with the cake she picked out. At least it's a white cake and white icing. I usually have much less restraint with Chocolate cake. She baked some home-made brownies last night and I had her use Splenda and substitute apple sauce for the oil. I had a tiny piece and it was still very good, but more cakey than what brownies usually are. Although her late evening sweets baking is wreaking havoc on my food plan, at least she is exercising with me everyday. I have absolutely got to quit eating the darn sweets. I truly didn't buy any but this girl can whip up sweets out of most anything. LOL.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:32 AM   #49
lilybelle

Sorry for the double post. My new granddaughter was born at 7:52PM tonite. She is adorable. 9lbs. 4oz and 21 1/2 inches long. She was born via Cesarean after 26 hrs. of labor with no dilation past 3 centimeters. Mom and baby are both doing very well. The proud new daddy is ecstatic and I don't think I've ever seen a happier man. I'm really glad they went ahead and did the cesarean as I was getting very worried that the US showed such a large baby and she was 11 days overdue. Of course DH is once again a very happy grandpa. LOL

Old 06-24-2007, 05:49 AM   #50

Hi maintainers,

lily - congratulations on the new granddaughter!

Szn, Allison - we can get out of this flunk!

I did make my excercise amount of this week! Did 40 mins elliptical & 1 hour yoga DVD this morning, and I am starting to notice
1) The biking to work increased my endurance
2) not exercising thrursday & friday left me very stiff & not feeling well.

Apparently I AM getting used to this exercise thing to the point that it does make me feel noticeably better. ME, the couch potato champion! Must be old age ( i started exercising in 2004, when i was 45 ).

Have a great day all,
Rabbit

4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:50 AM   #51
Meg

Congratulations, Lily! That sounds exactly like my DD, who was 9 lb 8 oz. I never dilated either because her head was too darn big! She claims she still has a headache.

I felt miserable and tired all day yesterday and ate way too much, only to wake up today with a sore throat and cold. So at least I know why I feel so wretched! Got to cut out the comfort eating, though!!

I was back at my knee doctor's last week and the problems I've been having are due to further deterioration of the joint from arthritis. He said my leg is bowed from arthritis and one leg is shorter than the other. Nothing will help but a total knee replacement, even though I'm only 52. He says I'll have to resign myself to having two knee replacements in my lifetime because you really can't get more than about 20 years out of one.

I told him we can't do it in 2007 because DD is getting married at Thanksgiving, so he sent me for a lovely custom knee brace that will throw more of my weight onto the outside of my leg. Woo hoo! Knee braces are THE fashion accessory of the season, I hear.

I drove home from the doctor's just mentally kicking myself once again for spending two decades weighing over 200 pounds and destroying my knees. I'm paying the price now for what I so thoughtlessly did then. Back in the fat days, I told myself that my weight didn't matter because I was in good health, never realizing that the harm was already done and just hadn't shown up yet. Sure, both my parents had knee replacements, but they were in their 70's. I'm only 52!!

Thank heavens I can still do the elliptical! (even if I have to use two hands to place my leg on the pedal ) This is huge motivation for me to keep my weight as low as possible since every additional pound a person carries exerts FOUR pounds of pressure on your hips, knees, and feet.

Enough rambling -- off to the gym when it opens. Hope you all are having lovely weekends.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:50 AM   #52
Meg

Good job, Rabbit! Our bodies start to crave exercise! Who would have thought?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:26 AM   #53

Hi Meg,

We posted at the same time! Isn't that like in the middle of the night on the other side of the ocean ???

Too bad about your knee... I hope the knee brace will help.

Bye,
Rabbit

4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #54
lilybelle

Hi ladies , I am relieved that now both new grandbabies are here and doing well. It is strange to have 2 new ones in a 6 day period. Sure makes me and DH feel old though. LOL. Technically neither of my 2 children have had kids yet, so I'm not old, just DH is. LOL

Meg, my DH asked last night why the babies little face and head was so bruised when she was born via Cesarean? I had to explain to him that she was stuck for a long time in the birth canal and couldn't come out. Poor Whitney could have layed there forever and never would have been able to have had this baby.

I am keeping the 1 yr. old and 3 yr. old on Monday and Tuesday. They are a lot of fun and very active.

Meg, sorry to hear about your knee. I can sure identify with the brace comment. I had to wear my ankle brace for several months and it just didn't seem to go with my new clothes. I sure didn't know that each extra lb. puts 4 lbs. of extra pressure on your lower extrem's. When I was obese, I never felt like I was healthy. I just felt like I was hopeless to do anything about it.

Rabbit, like you, I feel physically better when I exercise. I feel stronger. I feel like I get sick less often. It definitely gives me a sense of well-being.

I had mentioned what a hard time we have had clearing our fence line and concreting it. Now that we're almost done, my neighbors finally brushhogged their darn pasture yesterday. Now this made my yard look even better. It's so nice because we have a lot of deer here and now I can look outside and actually see them. Not just hear them and hear my dogs barking at them.

Does anyone know how to get rid of chiggers? Me and the girls are eat up with them.

The rain finally stopped and we worked outside 5 hrs. yesterday. The entire yard is now cleaned and mowed and looking great.

We're off to the lake at 3PM when SD gets home from work. Should be a fun activity filled day. I've already baked the cake for other SD's birthday today. I hope I can keep my grubby paws out of it.