3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-20-2007, 12:51 AM   #16
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I've been missing a couple of days. New grandson was born at 5:09PM yesterday. I stayed with Samantha thoughout labor and delivery and I cut the cord. It was pretty exciting. Her epidural didn't work and she was in a lot of pain. The baby came out face up and was badly bruised, but the little guy is doing fine. 7lbs. 3oz and 20 inches long. He wasn't supposed to be due til July 9th. The father of the baby (Samantha's soon to be EX did not come to the hospital at all, said he was "too busy"). I spent the night last night at the hospital with Sam and her new baby. She definitely didn't want to be left alone. We kept the baby in the room with us and neither of us really got any sleep. I came home this afternoon and took a 3 hr. nap.

My other SD that's baby was due on June 13th has not delivered yet. She is totally miserable and should have her anyday now. She is not too happy that her sister (that wasn't due yet) delivered first.

Last night DH's friend took all of us out to a Mexican restaraunt near the hospital. I defintiely didn't stay OP for that meal. I have done better today and feel like I'm now OP.

I did do a little shopping and bought some outfits for the new baby, diapers, and general baby stuff. I also bought Sam some nursing bras and night clothes to wear at the hospital. She didn't have anything with her when she went into labor. My MIL was grateful that I stayed with Samantha in the delivery and overnight. I hadn't packed any clothes to take and she went and bought me a new outfit to wear. With the next grandbaby, I'll be more prepared and have me some clothes to take along for in case Whitney wants me to stay the night with her. Their mom is living in Las Vegas and therefore not here for the deliveries. I am proud that the SD's like me enough to want me there with them.

I read everyone else's post and will catch up more later. Hi ALL.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #17

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

congrats on being a grandmother, Glad to heatr all went well. I hope all goes well with the over due one. my sister wants me in the delivery room with her in January and our mom was a little offendedbut my sister feels i would be more benefical since i have had 4 in the past 10 years and her last was 22 years ago.

Going to buy paint today so we can paint our shed but now it is supposed to start raining this afternoon and rain until Saturday. I hope it doesn't cause the shed really needs it (the previous owners have it painted bright blue).

Goal for October 6,2010

Long term goal~~ To meet by Christmas.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #18
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! For some reason I couldn't access 3FC the past two days. In any case after rebooting I am back now.

Pat - mmmm, salmon! Fresh fish is definitely something I miss, having moved from the coast to the midwest. The fish counter at the supermarket doesn't even use those plastic scale sheets, they just slap some smelly, not-too-fresh fish in the paper they use for the meat. I can't figure out where is a good place to get fresh fish, so I end up buying frozen fish from Trader Joe's, but then TJ's isn't on my way anywhere so I never go. Good luck with the half marathon! My new medication seems to be helping some. When I bend my left wrist back now I don't have the sharp pain I used to have anymore, but the constant ache is still there. I've been on the new medicine for one week and it says it takes 1-2 weeks to kick in. It's kind of hard to tell what is from what treatment since I also had a new treatment with my acupuncturist last week.

Tara - Mmmm, food! Every time I go home to LA or go to NYC to visit my sister, I eat so much. There is just not enough ethnic food here in Indianapolis, and what there is is so midwesternized that it's not very good at all. About all we've managed to find is good Indian food, decent sushi, and decent Thai food. Last time I was in NYC I had Korean food for the first time ever (funny since I grew up close to a Korean neighborhood in LA). When I go home I make a list of all the restaurants I want to eat at! I hear there is Tibetan food in Bloomington though (apparently the Dali Lama's brother lives there, pretty weird!) so I will have to try that next time I am down that direction.

Lily - Congrats to your SD!

Made it to the gym Monday, but not yesterday. My fiance was feeling sick in the afternoon (headache and upset stomach) so we just took him home (we carpool). I know, I should have gone for a jog around our neighborhood, but I didn't, I ate pasta and sat on the couch reading a book and watching TV all night. Monday I had some trouble with my knees while I was working out so I was afraid to jog in the neighborhood since I didn't want my knees to hurt more. In any case today we are planning on going to the gym (he is feeling much better this morning, I think it was just stress-related), but tomorrow we are meeting with a caterer for the wedding and Friday I have acupuncture.

I am looking forward to our upcoming 5-day weekend! I'm a little afraid that instead of a real vacation we're going to spend it painting the "library" and handling wedding stuff. I'm hoping we can make a day trip or overnight trip somewhere not too far away, maybe go to an amusement park or something. We might be going to Ben's parents' house in the country for a couple days if it's not too hot. Is anyone else taking an extra long weekend for 4th of July?

paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #19

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Jessica~glad that your wrist is feeling better and let's hope it continues to get better and better!

Lily~congrats on the new grandbaby. Let's hope the next one comes soon!

Jen~I hope you get your painting done! It must be an eyesore!!

I've been on plan now for 2 days with no change in weight. Kind of a bummer, but it just reinforces the fact that when I see an upward movement in the scale, I need to address it RIGHT THEN rather that waiting a few weeks. I looked back at my weight chart and I've been on an upward trend for about 6 weeks now. YUCK.

Funny thing happened the other day. I was making dinner (can't even remember what it was) and I needed a vegetable for the side and I didn't have anything fresh or frozen. I grabbed a can of green beans which used to be a major staple in our diet (convenience thing here!). I hated them! I used to LOVE them! I mentioned it to the kids and they both said that they much prefer the roasted fresh green beans. So, the next trip to the grocery store, I bought huge amounts of fresh beans. I'm so glad they prefer the healthy kind and who knew that I would too! I mean, I grew up on canned green beans! I remember once as a child, I had a bean plant and we got a lot of beans and my mom cooked them and I hated them! I guess she didn't roast them!! LOL

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #20
lilybelle

Hi everyone, it is really storming here. I lost the satellite signal and also had to reboot my computer. Doesn't look like I'll get much yard work done today.

I had a restful night of sleep and it sure felt good to be back in my own bed.

I made a huge pot of stew last night with almost all the ingredients fresh from my garden and lean ground turkey meat. My DD had already cooked dinner when I awoke from my nap yesterday, so the stew is for tonite.

Allison, I have found that canned veggies just don't do it for me either now. I try to pick my fresh veggies at least every other day and that is all we've been eating. They really are so much tastier.

Thanks ladies on the Congrat's. I do hope the other grandbaby is here soon. The mom (Whitney) is totally miserable. The wt. gain is making her so depressed. She was always the thinnest of the girls at 5'9 and 145 lbs. Right now she is at 215 lbs. and can't stand it. It is very obvious the wt. gain is all over her body. She bought a treadmill last week and plans to lose the wt. soon after having baby.

Allison, I too have had trouble with gaining wt. I have ranged now anywhere from 142-152 which is over my allowed range. I'm back at 148 for now and plan to really be careful and kick up the walking. I can still wear all my clothes but they don't look as good as they did. I always gain in tummy first and hence have muffin top when wt. is up.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Allison, I too have had trouble with gaining wt. I have ranged now anywhere from 142-152 which is over my allowed range. I'm back at 148 for now and plan to really be careful and kick up the walking. I can still wear all my clothes but they don't look as good as they did. I always gain in tummy first and hence have muffin top when wt. is up.
Yup. I still fit, too, but don't feel as good in them any longer. One thing that I seem to notice is that my tummy bulges over my panties when I've gained a pound or two. I think that that is more of an indication that I need to get to work rather than an actual weight gain. I seem to gain and lose in my tummy before any other area.

``•Allison•``

Old 06-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #22
Working My Way Back Down

Congrats on the new grandbaby Lily! It is nice that the girls want you with them.

Jessica - I think I would prefer the fresh frozen fish at TJs to the not-so-fresh fish from the grocery. We eat a lot of salmon, and occasionally some trout (if we've been lake fishing). Halibut we only get if I buy it or a neighbor gives us some.

Re: canned veggies. I buy only canned tomatos and beans, otherwise we get fresh or frozen veggies. We used to grow a lot more veggies, but we've had some garden problems with pests in the last couple years, so I've been resorting to the U-Pick places and still freezing semi-home-grown stuff. There's an organic farm near us too that soon will start opening Friday evenings. Their prices are higher, but I can buy just the amounts of things I need, and the quality is great. They sell at the farmer's markets in Anchorage, but not always at our little one here. They also do subscription type programs, but I've not signed up for that.

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #23

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Congrats on becoming a grandma again, Lily, and I do hope that your other SD delivers soon. Boy, I'm right along with you and Allison on having trouble with the weight gain. I got down to 140 last January or February but have yet to see that number again. I've been up as high as 152 and felt huge. My favorite size 6 jeans were tight and I had the dreaded muffin top. It's really strange how just a few pounds can change my shape so much. When I was heavier, I couldn't notice a few pounds either way. I've been doing a lot of cardio and weight training (nearly every day) so I wonder if that is making me hungrier and also making me gain weight due to muscle. I know muscle isn't the reason for the muffin top though! I'm about 144-5 now so I'm feeling much better and more in control but I really want to see the scale at my goal weight and have my jeans feel loose again. It's hard with my 16yo daughter home for the summer. Right now she's in the kitchen figuring out how to make frosting so she can eat it!
Good luck everyone!
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiMama View Post
Congrats on becoming a grandma again, Lily, and I do hope that your other SD delivers soon. Boy, I'm right along with you and Allison on having trouble with the weight gain. I got down to 140 last January or February but have yet to see that number again. I've been up as high as 152 and felt huge. My favorite size 6 jeans were tight and I had the dreaded muffin top. It's really strange how just a few pounds can change my shape so much. When I was heavier, I couldn't notice a few pounds either way. I've been doing a lot of cardio and weight training (nearly every day) so I wonder if that is making me hungrier and also making me gain weight due to muscle. I know muscle isn't the reason for the muffin top though! I'm about 144-5 now so I'm feeling much better and more in control but I really want to see the scale at my goal weight and have my jeans feel loose again. It's hard with my 16yo daughter home for the summer. Right now she's in the kitchen figuring out how to make frosting so she can eat it!
Good luck everyone!
Pam
Oh, my goodness, Pam! You and I are so alike!! Only my 16 yo DD isn't at home--she's working here with me at the office!!! We're practically the same height and weight as well (don't look at the ticker, I'm actually 144-145 myself right now). I was 140 from January through March and started gaining. I don't know about yours, buy my DD has a little weight to lose and has been going to the gym each afternoon after I let her off of work. I "hired" her part time for the summer (5 hours a day) because I know she would have a hard time getting a regular job. She's going to China in a week or so and then when she gets back she'll only have 4 weeks until band camp starts up. When school starts back up, she'll look for a part time job at a restaurant (like she did last year).

``•Allison•``

Old 06-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #25

Oh my gosh, Allison, we do have a lot in common! My daughter's name is Alison, but with one "L." Great that you put your daughter to work in your office. My daughter has a part-time job but only works a few hours a week. She also does some babysitting but that leaves plenty of time for munching. She is packing about 10 pounds too many but says she has her weight under control. I fear that I have been so worried about not creating an eating disorder that I have neglected to teach her how to eat properly and that sometimes you don't give in to every single craving. I'm also worried that her pants are getting too tight and soon she will need to buy new ones in the next larger size, which I know is a bad move and the beginning of a weight problem.

I don't know why sometimes I have such a hard time keeping my eating in check. Somedays I am so on program and don't want to eat. I can go to a Mexican restaurant and be so perfectly good because I want to lose. Other days I couldn't care less and having my munchies is more important than losing weight. It's so strange. I think it might have to do with not getting enough protein so I am trying to increase that in my diet.

Pam
Old 06-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #26

Pam, yep, my DD (Dana) could lose 10 herself. She did lose it last summer but regained it once she got her driver's license and found out how easy it is to hit the fast food drive through on her way home from school. She does lose when she goes to the gym, so hopefully she'll continue as much as possible. Her jeans are mighty tight (thank goodness for stretch jeans!).

You are not the only one with a problem keeping your food in check. I am the same way. I was really good during the day Monday and Tuesday but then had way more than my share when dinner came around. Today the plan is for an omelet for dinner, so I know I'll be low in calories.

``•Allison•``

Old 06-20-2007, 05:37 PM   #27

Allison: That's so funny about how driving has given your daughter access to fast food. Mine too! She loves to go to Taco Bell, KFC, etc. Last night she ran to Cold Stone. Ugh! She would never ask me to take her all those places (I work at home) but now that she can drive, she goes everywhere!
Good luck staying on plan tonight. I went out for lunch with my dad and Alison today and then had a few tastes of that frosting so tonight it's going to be very light--maybe a few bites of turkey sausage (which I will put into sauce for DH and DD) plus a big salad. Still, I'm sure my weight will be up a pound or two thanks to the restaurant meal and frosting.
Pam
Old 06-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #28

I had a great day at work and then a rather stressful late afternoon which caused me to want some wine, which I only had enough for half a glass. I did have than but that's where I stopped. Now I have none in the house and hope to keep it that way until after I go to Hawaii.

I'm still not at ticker weight, but the scale is moving in the right direction. Doubt I'll get there by tomorrow, which is what I had hoped, but it will get there!

``•Allison•``

Old 06-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #29

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

It is rainning here up to and including Sunda. So it looks like the shed may have to wait until monday but it is only a 40% cahnce on the weekend so I am hoping it doesn't.

Goal for October 6,2010

Long term goal~~ To meet by Christmas.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #30
lilybelle

Pam and Allison, I have had more food challenges now with school being out and the teen girls in the house (DD is 15, SD turns 15 this Sunday, and other SD is 18). It seems like they eat non-stop. Last night we had my perfectly healthy fresh stew for dinner which was great. Later while we were playing cards the girls baked blueberry muffins. I should have refused, but I ended up eating 2 of them. I did get youngest SD to walk a mile outside with me, so that much was good. Plus we took turns using the elliptical for a little while. Nothing strenuous but better than no exercise at all. Lacy is about 10 lbs. above weight and Shelbey is about 20 lbs. above. But, Shelbey is very athletic and muscular so although she is heavier , she looks really good. (She plays softball, basketball and has been on the swim team).

My son called last night from California where he is stationed for his Army Drill. He is supposed to be there 3 weeks but has been chosen to extended stay of 2 more weeks for a special training school called "Sapper School". We have to get ahold of his new job with the oil company to find out if it's OK for him to stay gone that long. I think it should be OK. (His work is paying him even while he is gone for the Drill). He says it is very HOT where he's at, in the desert. He sounded really happy on the phone.

Tomorrow is DH's last day as a State trooper. He went ahead and worked out a full month's notice. He starts his new job as a Oil Rig Safety Inspector next week. I hope he enjoys it. It will be strange having him gone every other week. I'm looking at the positive side of how nice it will be to have him home a full week each time and how much we can get done. Plus, more money and more time for camping and fishing and things we enjoy doing together.