3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #16

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

lessismore (Anne)~let's get serious!! I did really, really well until I got home last night and had only half an hour to get dinner on the table. I was bushed from a busy day at work and didn't feel like fixing anything hard. So I copped out and made meatball sandwiches. 230 calories for the roll, 3 turkey meatballs and about 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce plus 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese per roll. I served it with some carrots, celery and pea pods that were already on hand. That's more than 550 just for the sandwich. Egads! Tonight it will be salad!!!
Lily~join me and Anne to get back to ticker weight (or more in our cases!).
Meg~I have to say that I don't binge much. My problem is boredom eating more than anything. That and the fact that I love eating in general. Food is just so good. I'd never make it as an anorexic (but that's good news!). They say there are two kinds of people, those who eat to live and those who live to eat. I must say that I live to eat, but I do keep it as reasonable as possible.
Everyone have a great day!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #17

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Hi guys,

Ugh. What a weekend. We went to visit with my MIL for her birthday, and we basically ate for the entire weekend. MIL is an obese yo-yo dieter who is recovering--slooooowwwwly--from a series of knee surgeries, and consequently, she can't walk much or really do much, it seems, other than go out to eat. Here's what we ate: Sat dinner: birthday dinner at an expensive steak house--delicious and we ate too much, Sun: breakfast at Starbucks (!), drive to the beach, fried seafood lunch, dinner was Chinese. We can't get Chinese where we live, so we ate too much. Yesterday, lunch was supposed to be light sandwiches because I was tired of overeating, but we wound up at some corporate restaurant with the most enormous servings of bread I have ever seen. We left last night and bf and I had Ethiopian food for dinner on the way out of town. Ethiopian food is my favorite and, obviously, I can't get it where we live, so we ate too much. Then to top it off, bf and I stopped at a bakery to get desserts to eat on the long ride home--chocolate cheesecake for me.

It was pretty disgusting. I always leave visits with MIL feeling as though I never want to eat again (and usually with a few digestive problems, too ), and I also feel guilty because she *really* needs to lose weight and I feel that we are enabling her. At the same time, the three of us have never really found anything to do together BESIDES eating because we are all three eaters and she is only semi-mobile.

Anyway, on the positive side, while we were in the city we managed to get a bit of shopping in (no real shops where I live, either, unless you count Walmart, which I don't) and I spent a fortune on new gym clothes! Hooray! I love new clothes and all my new gym pants and capris are super, super cute.

Now that I've vented about all the eating, and caught up on all the posts I missed over the weekend, I think I'd better put on some of those new pants and hit the gym

Cheers!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #18
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Welcome Kazem, John, & Marti!

It's week two of DH's new job and he's liking it. I drove up to his apartment on Monday and took 2 trains to meet him in NYC so that we could go to the Blue Note for dinner and a jazz concert. It's the first time in several decades that I took a train into NYC by myself. He keeps encouraging me to try out the subway system, but I'm afraid it might stress me too much if I do it alone. I have to have a comfort level when traveling or it triggers my bipolar

This morning, the scale at DH's apartment weighed me at 103! In the past, that scale has been the same as the one we have at home so I'm anxious to see what I'll weigh tomorrow when I get home.

Today, I'm going back in to NYC to meet DH in Little India - Park Avenue in the Village for Indian food and then we're going swing dancing. When I get off the train, I'm going to Macy's at Hearld Square and shop for something. DH gave me a discount card that expires next week and told me to shop. I'd like another sundress, but also need a bathing suit, and some summer shoes.

Meg - twice I've lived aboard a cruise ship for 4 months each time. The first time I ate whatever I wanted and gained 10 pounds. The second time I was much more selective and ended up losing 5 pounds. Go for the quality food, not the quantity of it. Remember it is your vacation and that you are excellent at getting the weight off if you should endulge a bit.

clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #19

Height: 5'7"

Have I posted yet this week? I guess not. I'm here, feeling really good, but terribly terribly distracted.

DH, DD & I went away for a weekend in the mountains last Friday. I did have fun, but DD is not at a good age for traveling. She refused to sleep, screamed a lot of the time, and passed out at random intervals from the exhaustion.

I think my eating is OK. I sort of keep forgetting to eat, and then I'm suddenly really starving. This is the most bizarre pregnancy yet. I'm still walking some, and planning to keep swimming, as long as the OB allows--with my history of pre-term labor, I'm getting grounded before the end.

Anne
-from Song of Myself, Walt Whitman
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #20

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Hello! 10 PM already! Evenings always go by too quickly. Since I started this job a few months ago, I've tried to go to bed before 10:30 PM. I used to sleep later at night, but I decided it was too important for me to be at might mental best at this job, and since I get up at 5:30, I've got to go to bed early. It sucks that I feel that I only have about 3 hours after I get home before I have to sleep.

Well, just an update on how last weekend went. On Saturday I ate 2 muffins ( 1 carrot and 1 zucchini) with a vegetable soup for lunch, and I did the same on Sunday. On Sunday, I felt so tempted to go to Wild Oats and buy 2 more, but I mentally convinced myself that I didn't need to do that, that I would only feel less well gastrointestinally, and that I would rather have real dinner food for dinner. I find that the toughest time is right after I finish the muffins -- they taste so good that I just want some more. I've been proud of myself that I haven't overstuffed myself! It's been nice adding muffins back to my diet after not having them for a few years. I used to really like them.

By not overeating the muffins, my weight stays pretty well in check. I'm not 4 pounds heavier at the end of the weekend!
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:35 AM   #21
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Allison, I will definitely join you and Anne in getting back to my ticker weight. I was very conscious of my food today. Had times that I wanted to snack and ate SF jello and fruit. I came out with about 1450 cal's per Fitday. I worked 1.5 hrs. gardening and did a mile on my treadmill (I had gotten bad at skipping my cardio due to working too many hrs. outside).

I cooked my very first batch tonite of fresh steamed peas. They were so delicious. I had never had them before and I'm looking forward to picking lots more of them to cook.

I am trying to avoid taking my DS to the ER. He has some type of bite on his abdomen that is red, swollen and tender. He is itching on his hands and feet and his skin actually looks almost sun-burned all over (and he hasn't been in the sun). I gave him benadryl and am watching him. He just changed jobs and doesn't have new insurance yet so trying to wait to go to the Dr.'s office in the AM instead of the ER. He says he "just isn't feeling well at all today". He is one that hates to go to a Dr. and won't go if it's not an emergency. I sure hope that this will be better by morning. He's not had any throwing up or shortness of breath. I'm very afraid that it looks like a spider bite. He felt something bite him, but never saw what it was.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #22

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've been ruminating over maintenance lately and thought I'd read through Ann Fletcher again. I thought it might even stick in my head better if I posted in the threads ... but I can't. Apparently the thread is too old.
Has anyone seen a newer discussion of that book?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:28 AM   #23
Meg

Susan, the Thin For Life chapter discussions in the Maintenance Library are still open and you should be able to post replies. Let me know if you can't.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #24

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Good Morning,

Allison, Anne + Lilybelle - count me in on the plan for getting to ticker weight!
I am hovering in the low 150's and I want to be in the 140's by the first day of summer - and to goal on ticker by Nov 1st.
I am not happy that all my shorts, etc from last summer are kind of snug.
Feel on track today.....but it is only 8 am.

-S

Mini Goal
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #25
lilybelle

Susan, I've read the book twice so far. I find that when I'm struggling with maintenance it helps me to refocus by reading it and reinforcing to myself that it is possible to lose weight and keep it off. Because sometimes this seems like a foreign concept to me.

I think my tummy has finally straigtened out again. I was having a big problem again with infrequent BM's. (gross I know) but after 5 days, I was totally miserable and my weight was up by 5 lbs. to 147. Yesterday , I finally started having relief and my weight went back down to 144. Today I'm back at 143. I wasn't too concerned that it was fat weight, as my calories had stayed about 1500-1600. I think I was working outside too much in hot weather and not getting enough water which caused the problem. I kept grabbing a diet soda instead and that increased my problem. I should know better. Now I'm using my benefiber and drinking some water and I feel so much better.

sznn, glad you are joining us. I know what you mean about the clothes. When my wt. was up this past week one pr. of my capris felt too tight in the waist. It was very frustrating because I usually wear these very comfortably. I am gonna try to wear them again today now that my weight is back down some. That might make me feel a little better.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #26

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Well, we have a nice little group of us that will motivate each other to get back to ticker weight!!!

I think I need to do two things to make my body start losing again: 1) stay away from refined carbs. I'm really good about having my ww English muffin in the morning with my cup of mixed berries, but I've been on a sandwich kick for dinners and lately I've been buying sourdough instead of ww; and 2) eat more salad for dinner. Again with the sandwich kick--I need to have more vegetables (dressing isn't a problem for me on salads) and less starches.

I was planning on salad last night and what did I do? Had a sandwhich on foccacia. Had I made the foccacia myself, I would have made it ww, but I bought it so it was white. See my problem? Tonight is definitely going to be salad!!!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #27

Hi guys, well so much for exercise. I was hoeing in my garden last night and felt something sort of freeze in my lower back. Today I am very stiff. Argh! I'm hoping a couple days of yoga stretches will ease things out. I admit I'm a little envious of all of you working towards your ticker weight. I've started using fitday again because I just feel out of control. I KNOW I'm going to gain weight, duh, but it doesn't really make it easier to look at. That's my whine for today. I hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #28
lilybelle

I am trying to type with one hand. I just caught my left ring finger in the water sprinkler as it was revolving and it hurt terribly. DH had to come out and pry my hand loose. I now have ice on it and it's swollen and blue but thankfully not boken.

I had just gotten back from the ER with my DS. The bite on his stomach is very abscessed and he was given pain med's and 2 different antibiotics to take. He has to go back on Friday for it to be lanced open and drained. He is in a lot of pain. (I tried to get him in to see our family DR. and his office was closed). DS now has a high fever and has swelling in the inguinal canal. The DR. gave him a note saying Shane can't do his PT this weekend at Drill but I don't know if the Army will heed this note or not. The Demerol shot made Shane sick at his stomach on the way home.

All in all, it's definitely been a stressful pain filled day for us. My only good news for today is that the capri's that were too snug a few days ago fit perfect today.

Lisa so sorry to hear about your back. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by lilybelle; 06-06-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #29
Working My Way Back Down

Ah, Lily, the fun never ends at your house! You need a Hope your finger is feeling better. And scary about DS - maybe he'll listen to mom next time.

Lisa - I just love all the things your new baby has to say There is a physical therapist where I go who is due 6/15. She's done really well staying fit but man she looks so ready to have that kid. It's her first.

So, Allison, did you have salad??? I talked myself out of making macaroni and chees last night (it must have been the cold trying to seduce me to the dark side ) and instead sauteed up some onions, red peppers, zucchini and mushrooms, added a can of seasoned diced tomatoes, simmered til everything was cooked, and served it over ww pasta. I felt so good to have defeated that little voice.....

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #30
lilybelle

Thanks Pat, my finger is feeling better now. DS is conked out on the couch now from the Demerol. He didn't want the shot because he hates any kind of medicine that makes him groggy or "spaced out". He is 21 yr.'s old and I still can't stand to see him sick or in pain. He really should have listened to me last night and went to the Dr. then. He was in such pain this morning that I had to put his shoes and socks on for him. He couldn't bend down. They circled the 4" round area on his right lower tummy that is dark red, swollen and inflamed. It has a black necrotic center from the bite. The Dr. said it was probably a fiddleback spider bite. Which is pretty scary. It happened at his GF's house which I'm glad to know we didn't have one of these spiders in our house..

Pat that dinner sounds really good and like something I might need to try sometime.