Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning maintainers!!!

I'm totally psyched because the scale is down another half pound to 138. I haven't seen that number since November! It's been a tough haul, but I'm doing it. I bought 4 bottles of wine last Saturday and they remain unopened. Last night I had a big craving, but stuck to my water and made it through the night. I'm sure I can repeat that tonight, but Sunday is different--the in laws will be here for dinner. We'll see if I can make it, but if not, one glass isn't too bad (I did have one glass at lunch yesterday with DH).

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #77  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Tara, WTG on getting control with the Peanut Butter.

It's cold here. Dipped into the 20's last night. My plants are covered and I hope they survive this cold spell.

I overheard my DD and my SD talking last night. My 14 y.o. SD absolutely hates living in Las Vegas with her mom. She can't stand her mom's live-in BF. SD plans to try to move back home with us in June. I love having her around, but her constant snacking will prove a real challenge for me. DH has told SD that she is welcome to live with us if she wants.

My son hasn't officially moved out, but he does stay every night with his GF. He hasn't spent a single night here in a month. He does come by to shower and change clothes and that's it. He has mixed feeling about totally moving in with his GF because he knows he is being shipped to Iraq in August.

Meg, sorry to hear your DS isn't feeling well.

I have a new rash that started yesterday that is worrying me a little. It is over my left hip bone only. It is red, raised and has small blisters. Very painful for my clothes to even touch it. I'm very afraid it might be the beginning of Shingles. I plan to just see how it does this weekend and see my Dr. on Monday if it continues. He may have to increase my prednisone back up.

Allison, WTG on getting that scale to move down. I wish I could say the same for me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #78  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Yesterday, our sailboat was launched and all six of our batteries were near dead. After a very long time in the cold trying to recharge them, DH bought one new battery. Even so, it took another half hour to get the diesel engine to crank over. He was so frustrated with the boat, the cold, and the lateness of the hour, he didn't want me to come with him on the four hour motor to our club.

It was cold enough for me to be shivering in my ski jacket, ski pants, ski gloves, and Elmer Fudd hat while we were still in the shelter of the marina. He didn't want me exposed to the wind and cold water on the bay. So that's one bad thing about losing all that body fat ~ I get cold easier.

Bad news from our accountant: we owe $2800 in Fed and another $1200 in estimated tax. We'll have to pull from our savings to cover it. Good news is DH has had a call back on an interview from last week. AND he finally straighten out his unemployment paperwork and got some of the money so we can pay off the large credit bill he created this month.

Does anyone else have trouble with a spouse that spends more than he earns?

Tonight, we have to go back down to the beach and have dinner with my MIL (not something I'm looking forward to). We'll go to church tomorrow and then head up to SIL's for the family Easter dinner. My assignment is to bring dessert so I'm going to pick something that everyone else likes but doesn't thrill me so I'm not tempted. These days, the only sweet treats that seem good to me are cheesecake and carrot cake, so I definitely won't get one of those.

Today's activity will be a walk in this cold but at least sunny weather. Last night, I did my little dancing in front of the TV to a Comcast music channel. I selected the Soft Rock channel and used arm weights for 20 minutes of the 30 minute set. The soft rock really wasn't fast enough to get much of a lower body work out, but my arms and torso area felt it.

As I wrote today over on the Staying On Plan Today Because thread, I have to do an activity every single day because if I miss one day it becomes two then three and so on until I never get back to exercising again.

Ate ok yesterday calorie wise, but it wasn't the greatest nutrition wise. No vegetables, but I did eat an apple, a banana, and an orange. Had a meatball sandwich for lunch so I had a big bowl of plain yogurt (with the banana & orange) for dinner. Plus I had peanut brittle for a snack. Love peanuts in any form.

MIL will serve some vegetables for dinner and I'll drink a V8 type juice for lunch today to balance out yesterday.

Allison ~ congrats on getting below that 140 lb block. Hope you're able to stay below it.

Lily ~ hope your rash clears up and you won't have shingles or have to increase your meds. Too bad about the night sweats. I've had them my whole life. Usually a few times a month. I wake up drenched and shimmy out of my soaking t-shirt or nightgown and then usually am able to sleep through the rest of the night. Not looking forward to the time when they get worse.

Susan ~ I was thinking of you yesterday as I had to keep pulling up my 'small' jeans. They're in the dryer now to shrink down the 'diaper butt' factor.

Jessica ~ congrats on getting your offer accepted. Good luck on the mortgage. Expect that they will wait until the last possible moment to approve it. Just to make you more nervious during a stressful time.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #79  

Gosh, Lily, I sure hope it isn't shingles! My DS had shingles on his head when he was a toddler--it was just horrible! The whole half of his head was covered with the rash and scabs. It looked like he had "road rash" from falling off his bicycle (except he was too young to have one!). I have pictures of it and he has the scars to prove it. Very painful.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #80  
lilybelle

Carolyn, that weather sounds freezing. A couple yrs. ago DH and I took our boat fishing and left the radio on for a few hrs. while we fished. When we got ready to leave, the battery was completely dead. We had to paddle that big fish and ski boat about 5 miles back to shore. It took several hrs. Definitely not a trip I care to ever repeat.

Carolyn, my DH has never been able to Prioritize with his spending. For a while he had a gambling problem (that I knew nothing about) and it killed us finanacially at the time. Since then, I handle all the money and he gets a weekly allowance. Sad, but it is how we Have to live. Granted that was 4 yrs. ago and he has gotten better. Now our biggest problem is that he sometimes bails his oldest DD out from warrants and hotchecks, without my knowledge. Luckily he has finally gotten sick of his DD's mess and quit even trying to bail her out. (Now his mother is picking up the slack and constantly bailing her out). Oh well, she'll get tired of it eventually.

Allison, Oh your poor son. I've seen people with Shingles on their head before and that must have been so painful. I'm really not sure if mine is Shingles or just a flare-up of the rash from my liver disease. The liver rash usually just itches and isn't near this painful. I'm trying to be optimistic and hoping it goes away. But, the location, symmetry and pain of the rash made me think it might be shingles.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:35 AM   #81  

hi maintainers !

Happy easter to all of you who celebrate!

Lily- I hope your rash will improve. I'm also itching all over, but I guess it's my normal seasonal allegies acting up. I'd take a pull for it but i have some difficult thinking to do on a job related desig first!

Carolyn - good luck with all the issues! I really like your idea of having to do one thing everyday. I'm the dsame, if i let go one day it slides easily to more!

My sister & BIL came the day before yeaterday & for the past 2 days we have been painting the walls. My hoiuse has improved again! I'm dead tired, but my house is steadily getting better & better since XH moved out, and I have found out that I actually can solve all the things that he did, and improve on a lot of them!

Off to do some work,
happy easter all of you,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #82  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the support everyone. I resisted temptation yesterday and you guys were a big part of that. I am now only 0.6 pounds over my ticker weight!

Lily...sounds like shingles. If it is, remember that it's best to tx as early as possible -- it decreases the chance of having long term pain afterwards. Maybe you can call your doctor, and since you're a nurse, he might be willing to call an antiviral in for you?
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #83  
lilybelle

Thanks for the support ladies. I figured out now it's not shingles. Because, I have the rash now on my chest, back, shoulders and left calf and ankle now too. Glad it's not shingles and sure it's my rash again from my liver. Bad news is that means higher prednisone for a while. (which I hate as it makes me soooo hungry).

Good news is my 14yo SD goes back to Vegas today. I'll miss her, but that constant snacking was so hard for me.

Funny thing this AM. My DH woke up and grabbed a pr. of my Levi's instead of his own. He couldn't get them halfway past his thighs. LOL. He said, what is wrong with my pants? I just said "honey, those are MINE." It felt so good as I was much bigger than him for a long time.

Bittersweet. Last night I had my 2 grandson's over from their Dad's. The 10 month old kept calling me "mama" all evening. The now 3 yr. old cried and begged not to go home. It is so SAD. If only their Mom wasn't so screwed up she'd have those babies. I almost started crying myself. I told DH that I want to get the kids over here more often and try to play a stronger role in their lives. They Need it. I was sad all night after they left.

Last edited by lilybelle; 04-08-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Lilybelle - glad to hear it's not shingles. They sound really painful, hope it clears up whatever it is.

I was doing so great up to yesterday - weight was finally back to ticker weight and then I had some chocolate and other off plan things. Sigh....today is a new day - Happy Easter Everyone.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #85  

Very happy to hear it isn't shingles, Lily--that is sooooo painful. I'm sorry you'll have to bump up the prednisone, though. Icky stuff that is.

WTG on the loss Tara! Now just keep that knife out of the PB after dinner!

Rabbit~you sound a lot like my SIL. She's been single for some time now and has been remodeling her house--she says demolition is the best part!!!

sznn~glad to hear you are back at ticker weight!!! WTG!!!

As for me, I didn't make my Easter goal of 136, but I DID make it to 138!!! I'm so happy about that! Both yesterday and today I weighed in at 138, so I changed my ticker. 5 to go now! I have a wonderful dinner planned today--pork tenderloin roast with roasted vegetables (asparagus, green beans, Brussels sprouts, new potatoes and baby zucchini). That should be light enough to keep me at ticker weight. My in-laws are bringing lunch, but as long as I don't have a beer to go with it, I'll be okay calorie-wise.

Happy Easter to everyone and everyone have a wonderful day!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #86  
lilybelle

Allison that sure sounds like a good dinner. I'm making swedish style turkey meatballs, brussell sprouts and salad for our dinner.

Since the weather is cold now and I haven't been able to do all my gardening work, I decided to get some indoor exercise. I tried to do a Yoga class for Abs that was on TV. OMG, I gave out pretty quickly on that. So, hopped on treadmill for 2 miles. I'm feeling awfully run-down in general. So really had to push myself.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #87  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I gave in today. I think it was because in my previous post, I hadn't decided 100% to abstain from the peanut butter and bread on Sunday. It started with just one slice, then two...then a good pause...then descended into overeating. I convinced myself that I deserved to have this one day to stuff myself with the yummy stuff. Well, this time, it will just be one day. I used to eat on a restrict during the week, overindulge on the weekends type pattern, and maintained or lost weight slowly on that. About 9 months ago, I decided it was healthier to eat more evenly throughout the week, and I quit that pattern. Perhaps this is a sign that I am subconsciously getting bored with my current foods. I eat the same things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. I love those foods, but perhaps my body wants the variability more than my mind. Hmmm...

Maybe I'll get the PB and bread out of the house once I finish this batch and switch back to adding a little variety to my meals. The PB and bread has been yummy, though!

I think a big part of my descent was my anxiety about starting the work week tomorrow. I think I ate to calm myself a bit. I may need to start buying carrots again...something to munch on that is low cal when I feel a little stressed.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:19 AM   #88  
lilybelle

Tara, reading your post reminded me that I didn't eat any PB today. Now, that usually doesn't happen. I'm trying my best to get straightened back out on my calorie routine and exercise routine. Today was a good day for me, I had 1295 calories total. I really didn't feel very hungry. I know that future days, I will be much hungrier.

As I have posted before, I too have a problem with PB. I have quit eating bread with mine (usually) and quit putting it on my wheat pancakes. But, I have a TBSP almost every day on an apple. I love it that way. I found that when I was eating it with SF jelly as a sandwich, that I always wanted 2 sandwiches, instead of just one. I love it and it's hard for me to restrict it.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:06 AM   #89  

Hi maintainers,

Lily - Glad that it isn't shingles! Sorry to hear about the grandkids.

Tara - stay away from the PB!!!

have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote