Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #1  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Unhappy Slipping back into old habits

Hi all,

Haven't been around for awhile, but I'm currently (attempting to) maintaining at around 110....I'm 5'1''

Anyways, I have put on some weight and I know it's because I've been slipping back into my old eating habits, like "Oh I'm skinny now, so I can eat this just like everyone else can" well it's turned into that about every single day, and now I am seeing the evidence of it.

I've also stopped exercising as much (I get lazy on my cardio, don't lift, and I have cut down to about 3 half-effort workouts a week) I used to exercise conscientiously about 5 times a week.

I'm extremely busy (3 jobs, go to school full-time) and I'm on a budget. How can I get back on track while I'm on the go so I can maintain goal weight?
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus98 View Post

Anyways, I have put on some weight and I know it's because I've been slipping back into my old eating habits, like "Oh I'm skinny now, so I can eat this just like everyone else can" well it's turned into that about every single day, and now I am seeing the evidence of it.
This, I am sure, is why I regained several years back. This time, I'm taking this whole thing one day at a time. I forgive any mistake I may have made and resolve to eat OP the following day. I don't give up and make mistake after mistake. Your "every single day" thing is probably the biggest culprit, along with the missing exercise (although you're doing good by not cutting out the exercise altogether!!).

It sounds like you just need a little kick in the butt to get yourself back OP, so here you go Now, and get going!! You've already made the first step by checking back in here!!! You can do it!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #3  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Lateralus98 ~ Everything I've read on this Maintenance forum says we have to treat our maintenance lifestyle the same way we treated our diet and exercise program.

If you want to be fit and trim, you have to continue to work at being fit and trim. There's no room for sliding back into bad habits. They'll only bring back the weight and lack of tone.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #4  

Hi--I think you've already answered your question. You're eating more and exercising less. Long term, that won't work. Unfortunately you'll always have to eat differently than other folks. See the sticky "genes and obesity" posted somewhere in this section. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

On the positive side, you already know how to do this! You've done it before. Good luck and many congrats on your previous weight loss!
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #5  

I would say pick 1 habit to change and focus on that first. It's very overwhelming to worry about weight gain/health and flail around deciding what to change.

One simple, concrete thing at a time might help. It takes 3 weeks to make something a permanent change.

Could you start by drinking more water every day and tracking it? Or commit to eating 2 vegetable servings with lunch? These are just examples of specific things that will promote health/weight loss and they are very tangible and measurable.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote